PDA

View Full Version : Corsa turbo, or now non turbo lol

fennyLET
14-11-08, 11:04 AM
To start last night off i went home, got in the corsa then went to pick Browney up so we could have a play and see if we could get the Corsa running rite.
After i picked him up i showed him what was going on. I thought it was blowing the spark out.
In low revs it was fine but on full power (11psi held) it would go bang bang bang realy fast.
so he rang Halfords to see if they had any RS Turbo plugs in stock. They needed a Reg that we didnt have so i ran Specky and got the part number :thumb:
So we turned round and went to halfords.
nearly £20 later, £12.99 for the plugs and £5 sumtin for a fealer gauge.
Browney gaped the new plugs while i took the old ones out. I then started putting the new ones in and he said that the plugs i had in were well over 1mm :confused:
Anyway, fitted them and started it up and it started fine.
so we went for a blast and all the problems had done :clap: It was grate. It was the best its run since ive had it :lol:
We then set the fuel up to 2.5bar on boost.
We also tried turning the boost up. We managed to get 16psi overboost with 13 or 14 held.
We kept adjusting it but it wouldnt boost anymore. Then now and again it would overboost to 18psi and 15 held :confused:
I then adjusted it once more and on the way back home there was abit of trafic, When i could overtake i gave it full boot and it went like fook. Browney then shouted wo wo wo and i said what you woing at. Then the next thing we no. There are a good 6 -8 foot flames bursting out the back with as much smoke as a steam train. I shut it straight off and pulled in to a layby. The car was full of smoke. So we poped the bonnet and the turbo was glowing hot. (Tried to get a pic but my phone couldnt pic the glow up)
Browney said that it was overboosting off the gauge. (about 29spi) and it help 25psi. Sat pondering about what had happend for abit :confused:. It was emence. It was pulling like a train in the high revs in 5th. I then went to the boot and i kick sumthing. Wasnt sure what so i looked for it and i came across this
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk303/fennyLET/DSCF2036.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk303/fennyLET/DSCF2037.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk303/fennyLET/DSCF2038.jpg

I couldnt belive my eyes.
Got a tow home from a mate.
So im now on the look out for a new turbo lol
Im not sure what i want but any surgestions will be grate.
Sorry about spelling ect

L33 LEG
14-11-08, 11:07 AM
so you turned up the boost and it went bang? what did you expect lol

fennyLET
14-11-08, 11:10 AM
Not for it to go bang.
What sort of replie is that?

fennyLET
14-11-08, 11:15 AM
IMA the prob was that the actuater was sticking then when it worked it was adjusted too much.

Stuart
14-11-08, 11:22 AM
lol so the implelor actually fell out?!?!? epic fail

burgo
14-11-08, 11:29 AM
how the hell does the impella fall out !!! and also i notice you keep turning up the boost but there was no mention of how you were controlling the fueling

fennyLET
14-11-08, 11:33 AM
The fuel is safe. No need to tell you.

1.6 8v turbo nova
14-11-08, 11:33 AM
It was pulling like a train in the high revs in 5th. You musta been flying lol!

fennyLET
14-11-08, 11:36 AM
Yes mate. I was.

About 400 feet up you Plumb

Stuart
14-11-08, 11:41 AM
dont take things so personaly Fenny....

was this on chipped std management, adjustable FPR and a wideband?

tbh is seems like it was either running lean, the Ign was too retarded for what you were doing or the a plug had failed causing a truck load of heat to build in the exhaust and muller the turbo implelor. We had nearly similar problems this week when the EGT's on cyl 1 was 200deg C higher than on cyl2 (2 cyl motorbike) and it turned out the plug on Cyl 1 had failed and the air fuel mix was burning in the exhaust manifold (mainly triggered by the HEGO but in your case its likely to be the other exhaust ports)

fennyLET
14-11-08, 11:56 AM
Why shouldnt i take things personaly?
I dont understand why some people fine the need to take the piss?
I understand that my spelling and grammer isnt grate but i cant realy help that. + i did say sorry about the spelling at the bottom of the first post.
Prehaps i should put it in my sig!
But then it still wouldnt stop the kids on here.

ima its just a std kkk16 turbo will not coupe with 29spi of boost. The thread is fine in the pic. It seems like it unscrewed its self.

Stuart
14-11-08, 12:38 PM
I'm impressed you even managed to get it to make 29psi of boost lol...

fennyLET
14-11-08, 12:43 PM
Well so am i seems ive been told they wont last above 20.

O and im on Evo5s, VXR injectors, 2.5 bar of full on boost, Very big FMIC, 3" top hat, RS turbo plugs gapped at .7, XE inlet cam retarded 8 degrees, 3" downpipe. hmm thats it that i can remember. It ran 260bhp on phs with 14psi of boost.

Shaun_O'Donnell
14-11-08, 12:51 PM
I dont understand why some people fine the need to take the piss?

These don't sound like people taking the piss to me, just normal banter.:confused:

so you turned up the boost and it went bang? what did you expect lol

It was pulling like a train in the high revs in 5th. You musta been flying lol!

As for the turbo issues, these things are sent to try us. Chin up.:thumb:

burgo
14-11-08, 01:33 PM
The fuel is safe. No need to tell you.nice attitude

fennyLET
14-11-08, 01:40 PM
Evo5s, VXR injectors, 2.5 bar of full on boost, Very big FMIC, 3" top hat, RS turbo plugs gapped at .7, XE inlet cam retarded 8 degrees, 3" downpipe. hmm thats it that i can remember. It ran 260bhp on phs with 14psi of boost.

See above but i could say the same thing.

L33 LEG
14-11-08, 02:20 PM
i was only trying to add a lil banter :(

nice spec, any pics of the corsa?

Sloth
14-11-08, 03:05 PM
yeah pics plz. so you going hybrid or std, its a good excuse to upgrade! with your fueling sys you should be safe for decent boost. btw the kkk16 was used on the porsche 959 iirc, but there was 2 of em, running at 22psi.

Spudly
14-11-08, 03:12 PM
Well so am i seems ive been told they wont last above 20.

They dont, not for long anyways and especially not long at 29psi:thumb:

Hope ya getting a new actuator with your new turbo then bud!

lollollollol

Sloth
14-11-08, 03:18 PM
time for a s14 manifold and gt38?

djbrowney
14-11-08, 11:13 PM
PMT me thinks lol lol lol

These are the only pictures i can find of it :thumb:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i70/djbrowney/corsa21.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i70/djbrowney/corsa22.jpg

fennyLET
17-11-08, 11:06 AM

fennyLET
17-11-08, 11:12 AM

Shaun_O'Donnell
17-11-08, 11:16 AM
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk303/fennyLET/DSCF2049.jpg

Bit random, but this reminds me of an episode of "The Garage" where one of the girls is replacing a turbo on a TD Vectra, doesn't flush out the IC and the engine over-revs burning off the oil in the IC. Then she removes the IC and runs the engine covering the cameraman in oil. lol

ste porter
17-11-08, 07:09 PM
how are you upping boost?

if your still using an amal valve check the pipe didnt come of the actuator because i have an uprated actuator on mine and when the pipe came of the actuator stayed shut and the boost went crazy it would just boost and boost and boost !