PDA

View Full Version : Roof Scoop

Adam Moran
12-11-02, 06:18 PM
Has anyone got one? Does any one like them? Whats the general vibe on them as i quite like them - thinking of doing a small FG one for my motor (non-functional) what do they do any way?

Cheers
AJ

Jim
13-11-02, 12:29 PM
From what I understand there used for rear engined cars, they send cold air to the back of the car where the engine is. There may be other functions to them aswell, I'm not entirely sure.

Jim

red_devil
13-11-02, 03:02 PM
I might be placing a small scooby vent backwards just before my spoiler with a video spy cam like you can get from Maplins and running in to a small screen on the dash...

This can be useful for a few things:-

A: See any coppers coming up behind me
B: See how far i am from walls etc
C: Help in traffic in the middle of sheffield with the fire engines and police cars flying about.

Also its a trick bit of kit that can make a nice talking point

wisewood
13-11-02, 05:47 PM
Pretty good idea that for around sheffield mate - it's a nightmare - but the question is, if i did one of those - could it help me stop going down tram only streets? :D I do it all the time.

?Marty?
13-11-02, 06:29 PM
I'd fit cameras into the footwells. That way when you get female passengers, you can look up their skirts. Then when driving you can say 'what colour panties you wearing?'. They'll say 'oooooooh cheeky, i'm not tellin'. Then you flip a switch - and hey presto! - beaver panties displayed on the screen. She'll be well impressed.

?Marty?
13-11-02, 06:33 PM
Oh and roof scoops are used in rallying to get more cold air into the cabin, as when rallying in very hot countries, the temperatures inside the car will get very high.

The vent is just cut into the roof, at the front. It's a good look to balance out the car at the front if you've got a guuuge spoiler on the rear.

Of course it might get cold, so you'd have to fit some kind of 'shutter', or just get a fake one, but it'd just create extra drag. Not really worth it i think.

Plus it depends if you've got a sunroof. If you do, then don't. You know what i'm sayin'.