PDA

View Full Version : car crash

turbojolt
12-11-08, 10:28 AM
my beloved (yer right) fiat punto was crashed in the early hours of monday

i didint relise how bad it was till i went to the impound to see it and i cant belive me and my mates are still alive it was the worse looking crashed car there and to think we all walked out of it with only cuts and bruses (and a couple of broken ribs for me) its amazing none of use were killed

i will try and get some pictures up later as i cant explane just how bad it was

but i might need to send them to someone to post up as i dont have a account on photobucket and no idear how to post them up

Ben
12-11-08, 11:00 AM
email them to me lurk75@hotmail.com

turbojolt
12-11-08, 02:43 PM
ok will do mate just have to find the camera first

craig green
12-11-08, 05:12 PM
Glad you is OK bud.

Pointless thread though.

Spudly
12-11-08, 05:13 PM
Any pics as yet then?

turbojolt
13-11-08, 10:20 AM
Glad you is OK bud.

Pointless thread though.

yer i just wanted to show people how bad these cars are in low'ish speed crashes

also i ment to put it in the muppet section

here is a link for anyone with facebook clicky (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=43849&id=660692117)

Ernie
13-11-08, 10:27 AM
ouch that dont look to good.
What sort of speed were you doing as that dont look like a slow speed crash to me.
Glad your ok tho

Shaun_O'Donnell
13-11-08, 10:30 AM
1067 posts and you don't have a photobucket account - eeeek

Can someone put pics up if turbojolt allows it?

Ernie
13-11-08, 10:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/models/n660692117_1025589_5101.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/models/n660692117_1025593_9021.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/models/n660692117_1025596_66.jpg
Hope you dont mind dude.
All this because a house jumped out in front of you.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/models/n660692117_1025605_3423.jpg

hc coupe
13-11-08, 10:36 AM
How fast !!!!!!!!!!

(Sack weight saving, the cage is a muast now !)

Shaun_O'Donnell
13-11-08, 10:39 AM
Cheers Ernie.

Very "ouch" at that, doesn't look low speed if it was just the Punto involved in the accident, what happened?

Lucky to walk away from that.

Spudly
13-11-08, 10:41 AM
Wtf were you doing to do that, you mustve been sending it on real bad to do that damage, and seen as how it was into someones garden wall id guess residential area aswell, well done son you are a driving god:thumb:

Stuart
13-11-08, 10:45 AM
bull shoite was that less than 50mph!

turbojolt
13-11-08, 10:45 AM
na mate it was not as fast as you might think it was about 35

i was not driving the car by the way as i had been drinking a mate was driving it for me ( he was sobber) but he lost it in the rain i think as i dont rember alot before waking up in the front passnger seat

turbojolt
13-11-08, 10:46 AM
bull shoite was that less than 50mph!

mate have a look at the crash test results for these cars

i would like to say i was defo that he was not ragging it but i dont rember the passgners in the rear said i fell asleep but i dont rember

Shaun_O'Donnell
13-11-08, 10:47 AM
na mate it was not as fast as you might think it was about 35

Was this your judgement, bearing in mind, alcohol affects your perception.

turbojolt
13-11-08, 10:48 AM
Was this your judgement, bearing in mind, alcohol affects your perception.

no mate like i said i dont rember anything

what speed do they do the ncap crash tests at dose anyone know

as the car and this test car look almost identcal http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uubwq2O0ko

Spudly
13-11-08, 10:49 AM
but he lost it in the rain i think as i dont rember alot before waking up in the front passnger seat

You dont loose a car at 35mph in the rain bud thats at least 50+mph to bend the shell like that!

turbojolt
13-11-08, 10:53 AM
You dont loose a car at 35mph in the rain bud thats at least 50+mph to bend the shell like that!

makes me fell even more lucky then mate im just happy no one was seriously hurt cant explane it enought

Ernie
13-11-08, 10:54 AM
Ive crashed on the motor way at 70mph and had less damage.

Shaun_O'Donnell
13-11-08, 10:54 AM
no mate like i said i dont rember anything

what speed do they do the ncap crash tests at dose anyone know

as the car and this test car look almost identcal http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uubwq2O0ko

They do the offset impact tests at 40mph, but that car doesn't look as bad as yours and surely the lad driving yours managed to scrub some speed off before impact?

"In the offset frontal impact test, instead of hitting a solid block head-on, the test car crashes into a deformable structure (a crushable aluminum face), resembling the most important characteristics of the other car's front. Other cars do not behave like solid objects when hit: they 'give' at the front, hence the aluminium honeycomb block used in the test. The impact across 40 per cent of the test car's front represents a crash with a car of equivalent size and weight. Frontal car-to-car crashes are by far the most common sort of accident, and usually involve a collision across only part of the car's width. The offset test is always on the driver's side where there is more risk of injury from the steering wheel and pedals. This is essential in ensuring that a car's front is designed to absorb the impact's energy in a realistic way. This sort of test is actually tougher for a car to do well in than one involving a full-on collision with a solid block. The Euro-NCAP (http://www.euroncap.com/) test is carried out at 64km/h (40mph)."

turbojolt
13-11-08, 10:56 AM
you can see were the driver headbutted the steeringwheel so hard that he broke it with his face i dont understand why the airbags never went off

turbojolt
13-11-08, 10:57 AM
They do the offset impact tests at 40mph, but that car doesn't look as bad as yours and surely the lad driving yours managed to scrub some speed off before impact?

"In the offset frontal impact test, instead of hitting a solid block head-on, the test car crashes into a deformable structure (a crushable aluminum face), resembling the most important characteristics of the other car's front. Other cars do not behave like solid objects when hit: they 'give' at the front, hence the aluminium honeycomb block used in the test. The impact across 40 per cent of the test car's front represents a crash with a car of equivalent size and weight. Frontal car-to-car crashes are by far the most common sort of accident, and usually involve a collision across only part of the car's width. The offset test is always on the driver's side where there is more risk of injury from the steering wheel and pedals. This is essential in ensuring that a car's front is designed to absorb the impact's energy in a realistic way. This sort of test is actually tougher for a car to do well in than one involving a full-on collision with a solid block. The Euro-NCAP (http://www.euroncap.com/) test is carried out at 64km/h (40mph)."

so he must have been doing some speed then funking hell

there were wispers from the police to the driver of only a 2 year bann and 500 quid fine

Shaun_O'Donnell
13-11-08, 11:00 AM
you can see were the driver headbutted the steeringwheel so hard that he broke it with his face i dont understand why the airbags never went off

He is probably lucky the airbags didn't go off in that case, nasty things airbags IMO.

turbojolt
13-11-08, 11:02 AM
He is probably lucky the airbags didn't go off in that case, nasty things airbags IMO.

were the steering wheel acted like a air bag he had a gash under his eyebrow so bad you could see his skull thro it the lucky barstaff

Ernie
13-11-08, 11:03 AM
my friend put his 106 gti into a ditch.
No injury from the crash but the airbag broke his nose lol.

turbojolt
13-11-08, 11:06 AM
when i was talking to my brother the other day he said he reckoned we were going about 50 mph but i shruged it off as i have hered people thinking they crash at 80 and only broke there front bumper i thourght he was just chatting rubbish

Spudly
13-11-08, 11:07 AM
i dont understand why the airbags never went off

Cos it didnt have any, yours was a poverty spec one without them!

Youre all very lucky there and the moral of the story is dont drive like a c0ck as he/you/whoever was driving clearly was to do that damage imo!

Shaun_O'Donnell
13-11-08, 11:08 AM
The Corsa driver that drove head into me, had all the the hair and a thin layer of skin burned off her arms from the air-bag being deployed. The impact wasn't severe enough for her face to make contact even though both cars were written off. As much as they are a safety feature, I would personally like the option to turn off the steering wheel air-bag if I am driving a car.

Spudly
13-11-08, 11:09 AM
As much as they are a safety feature, I would personally like the option to turn off the steering wheel air-bag if I am driving a car.

Same here as i wear glasses so would it smash them is something i always wondered, hence why i now have a snap-off momo wheel and no airbag in my cav:thumb:

turbojolt
13-11-08, 11:10 AM
[quote=SRspudly]Cos it didnt have any, yours was a poverty spec one without them!quote]

no there was ment to be air bags in the steering wheel

Ben
13-11-08, 11:10 AM
Easy to turn airbags off lol just unplug the module.

Ive had a 90mph crash and the car needed a pair of doors, thats fooked!

Ben
13-11-08, 11:11 AM
PS that is not an airbag steering wheel in the punto just a horn push variant.

Spudly
13-11-08, 11:13 AM

I thankyou fine sir!

Well if he doesnt know the difference between an airbag steering wheel and a non-airbag wheel then how would he be able to read the speedo aswell as being pissed lol

turbojolt
13-11-08, 11:14 AM

oh right sorry i stand corrected but what did the srs logo mean on the steering wheel

turbojolt
13-11-08, 11:15 AM
I thankyou fine sir!

Well if he doesnt know the difference between an airbag steering wheel and a non-airbag wheel then how would he be able to read the speedo aswell as being pissed lol

i would not be reading the speedo would i as i was not driving and was asleep

Stuart
13-11-08, 11:46 AM
to fire off airbags you need to have an impact in a particular place at the front of the car..... if the accident wasnt in the right place then the air bags wont deploy regardless how hard you hit something (of course assuming you have them fitted). And it also depends on the calibration of the airbag controller....... something a certain griffin logo'd company skimp on :(

Ben
13-11-08, 12:07 PM
Also the Renault and Pug ones are very hard to set off.

CoupeUK
13-11-08, 12:10 PM
I pick up crash damaged cars everyday and work closely to the Police and i'll tell you that its was def not 35mph, from other Punto's that i've seen i'd hazard a guess at 50-60mph.

Philsutton
13-11-08, 12:20 PM
Trying to drive fast in the rain to impress, epic fail for your mate.

Spudly
13-11-08, 12:47 PM
Trying to drive fast in the rain to impress, epic fail for your mate.

On that note i hope he is going to pay for your car as he will have only been third party on it otherwise youre sh!t outta car mate!

Uber epic fail!

Jim Mcrae
13-11-08, 12:56 PM
Glad you walked away. I hope he was insured.

Simon 1867
13-11-08, 01:42 PM
oh right sorry i stand corrected but what did the srs logo mean on the steering wheel

SRS means safety restraint systems...doesnt always mean it has an airbag, it could just have seatbelt pretensioners.

turbojolt
13-11-08, 01:55 PM
SRS means safety restraint systems...doesnt always mean it has an airbag, it could just have seatbelt pretensioners.

oh right they are what probley broke my ribs lol

and as for him paying for a new car im not even going to ask i should have never let him drive the dam thing in the first place i dont care about any material things like cars right now im just happy we all lived to tell the tale

dj_wudgey
13-11-08, 03:00 PM
my word that looks a bad one!!!

Spudly
13-11-08, 03:02 PM
and as for him paying for a new car im not even going to ask i should have never let him drive the dam thing in the first place

Yes but you did and now youre car-less id definately want something sorting out as "the driver" caused the crash and therefore is responsible for you not having a car anymore!

turbojolt
13-11-08, 03:11 PM
Yes but you did and now youre car-less id definately want something sorting out as "the driver" caused the crash and therefore is responsible for you not having a car anymore!

well there is a little fiesta 1.1 wuith a bit of tax and test on it for 200 quid round the corner from me so maybe i go have a look at it

but at less the scrap prices have gone down so there are cheap crappy cars around again lol

Spudly
13-11-08, 03:15 PM
but at less the scrap prices have gone down so there are cheap crappy cars around again lol

Aye thats true noone sneaking out and wieghin old cars in while youre not looking lol

Pistol Pete
13-11-08, 03:19 PM
Oh the irony. You and slothsport come on here bleating on about rules etc, then you go and ignore the rules of the road and get clobbered by the rules of physics!!! lol

Looks like a bad accident, glad you are ok, and bollox was that a 30mph impact.

Spudly
13-11-08, 03:21 PM
Lol @ pete but so agreed on that one though lol

**EDIT** Wooooooooo, 3000 posts lol:thumb:

turbojolt
13-11-08, 03:24 PM
Oh the irony. You and slothsport come on here bleating on about rules etc, then you go and ignore the rules of the road and get clobbered by the rules of physics!!! lol

Looks like a bad accident, glad you are ok, and bollox was that a 30mph impact.

arr but i never broke any rules of the road smarty pants lol :thumb:

~~joycey~~
13-11-08, 03:27 PM
Airbags are Funking lethal! My mate crashed his saxo and stunned himself abit and came round to find himself burning because the airbag had set fire to his hoody! :eek:

Pistol Pete
13-11-08, 03:30 PM
arr but i never broke any rules of the road smarty pants lol :thumb:

You crashed into someones wall. So i'm guessing you were in a residential 30mph zone and you were not doing 30mph from looking at those pics.

Spudly
13-11-08, 03:33 PM
You crashed into someones wall. So i'm guessing you were in a residential 30mph zone and you were not doing 30mph from looking at those pics.

Which is exactly what i said but "apparently" he wasnt driving, which is something he didnt state in the original post but did slip that he was drunk.....

Hmmmm, i wonder........!?!

dj_wudgey
13-11-08, 05:01 PM
well at least no one was killed beacause it looks like that crash should have ended some one!!!

walshc
13-11-08, 05:21 PM
Which is exactly what i said but "apparently" he wasnt driving, which is something he didnt state in the original post but did slip that he was drunk.....

Hmmmm, i wonder........!?!

To be fair, he never said he was driving either, they way he worded it i thought someone had smashed into his parked car or something (before reading on)
If he would of been driving then he`d of said - "i crashed my beloved (yer right) fiat punto in the early hours of monday", not - my beloved (yer right) fiat punto was crashed in the early hours of monday

Thats how i see it anyway :p

Spudly
13-11-08, 05:26 PM
Thats also very true mate hence i only said i wonder lol

Just seems a bit fishy to me as he only gave sketchy details and still seems cagey now people are aksin questions, but meh im probably just too pesimistic lol

walshc
13-11-08, 05:31 PM
lol pessimism is the devils work lol :p

Spudly
13-11-08, 06:21 PM
Thats what you get after being surrounded by renaults aaalll day long!lol

Stuart
13-11-08, 06:58 PM
Airbags are Funking lethal! My mate crashed his saxo and stunned himself abit and came round to find himself burning because the airbag had set fire to his hoody! :eek:

It was punishing him for wearing a hoody :p

Spudly
13-11-08, 07:05 PM
It was punishing him for wearing a hoody :p

And driving a saxolol

turbojolt
14-11-08, 11:36 AM
you can tell iw as not driving as i have a bruse running from myleft shoulder all the way down to my right hip i was arested on scene for drink driving but then when i showed them my chest they de-arrested me appolgized

if i had been driving and was trying to cover it up this would not really be a smart way of going about it

also im giving skethy details on it as i have no recloection of the crash just rember waking up un-able to undo my seat belt as it was so tight and the chair was moved so far fowards

Pistol Pete
14-11-08, 12:32 PM
..but you remember being drunk and that you had bruises down your left side, and that the police arrested you, then de arrested you and apologised after you showed your injuries....Jackanory story IMO.

goldengraham
14-11-08, 02:08 PM
..but you remember being drunk and that you had bruises down your left side, and that the police arrested you, then de arrested you and apologised after you showed your injuries....Jackanory story IMO.

Yeah because he woke up lol, he was asleep if you read it properly

Sloth
14-11-08, 04:25 PM
look the way to look at this is thus: everyones ok, your car less get on with it. you could be far worse off. pete 58 why drag me into this? its nowt to do with me! its a punto ffs! btw thats about 70 on a good day. seen that before with a punto, they open up like a sardine can!

Pistol Pete
14-11-08, 04:47 PM
I mentioned your name in a post. Doesnt mean you have been dragged into it! Sheeesh, get over it!

turbojolt
14-11-08, 06:43 PM
Pete_58 your a dick how could i not know and or rember having bruses on my chest they are still there num nuts

also i dont rember the car crashing or what speed we were doing as i was asleep from watford junction onwards to the road he crashed on if you dont think it is true then thats your bussines but your just chatting shizzle mate

what would i even gain by lieing on here like you are the police or anyone i crave respect from get over your self mate

Stuart
14-11-08, 06:46 PM
Me thinks this thread has come to its natural end....

Stuart
15-11-08, 09:50 AM
Mr Jolt..... no point reporting a thread that is closed :wall: