PDA

View Full Version : mini vs me

carltoncrazy
11-11-02, 11:49 PM
ok i got pissed(bad i no)
jus been told i put 100 quid on racing the 2.0 manual carlton agaisnt a 1275cc mini,4 speed.
so whats gonna win?we said on a mile run?so im pretty sure he`l kick on 0-60 then il wave bye.
this culd b 1 4 dan......if he still remeber his mini.
soz i h8 these racing posts but i need to no.
cheers all
ian

wisewood
12-11-02, 10:44 AM
Depends if the mile is straight - or with twists and turns where you gotta brake and accelerate all the time, coz if it comes to braking and acceleration - I can see you getting whooped.

BUT - if it is pretty much a straight run - once you got to 70 you should fly past him I reckon.

Alex
12-11-02, 12:53 PM
i hope you whoop his ass, i hate minis :)

Ric 16v
12-11-02, 02:13 PM
u should be able to whoop his ass in ur carlton, come on a 1.3 mini beating a 2.0 carlton :o :o :o theres something wrong there !!!!!!

carltoncrazy
12-11-02, 03:27 PM
straight line,i thought id be fair to him and have 5 ppl in my car,
and found out 2day that his is 1.1 and he was shitting 2 me.
easy 100quid

Chris LR
12-11-02, 09:18 PM
If he's fairly standard (4sp box a handful of bhp) you'll whoop him

But if he's got something he shouldn't have (turbo?) maybe it will be close?

I remember a company kitting up mini's with turbos I think they were called E.R.A ????

Good luck anyways

Phil_G
12-11-02, 10:55 PM
hiya,

yup.... Factory built Mini turbo using the MG metro turbo lump - still not blindingly quick but a lot better than a 38bhp thou' cc

Phil

carltoncrazy
12-11-02, 11:38 PM
doing it at dawn this morning,think my mates bringing his camara so i can post it up on the site,
5 ppl r going in the carlton
bye bye mini

mikeoxford
13-11-02, 11:14 AM
so who lost their ton then (?100)

carltoncrazy
13-11-02, 02:40 PM
his car "broke down"
woteva,
so im gonna re-arrange for 2nite or very soon,
i dont need the money i just wanna wipe the smile of his face

Alex
13-11-02, 02:43 PM
car trouble - very convienent

Aragorn
13-11-02, 07:52 PM
maybe he's making his final tweaks to his 20XE powerplant :)

and while im posting on here;

dont bother weighing the carlton down, cos then if u DO get whupped your gonna wish u didnt, 1 person in each - or maybe 2 for evidence, dont go whackin 5 folk in the car cos u may regret it

also - anyone your are carrying goes in the back - keep those rear wheels on the ground a little better = better traction for the launch :D

carltoncrazy
13-11-02, 08:35 PM
its more me making a point,i no il wipe his backside.
more rust on dat car than the nova.
gosd mini r a pile of shit(no afence dan)

Norris
13-11-02, 10:01 PM
You hate Mini's? I know they are a bit retro but they are great fun to do up. There is so much stuff you can do with them and the amount of different Mini designs and parts you see really shows what a beautiful BRITISH car they are. I mena Nova's are great, but do they have the legendary stsus of the mini?

Discuss.

carltoncrazy
13-11-02, 11:09 PM
theres loadz ya can do 2 them?????/
yeh burn them
crush em.
smash em
the shit

Alex
14-11-02, 09:50 AM
lol @ hayz

In my opinion all minis look EXACTLY the same. Their wide arch kits are bits of plastic stuck onto the wheel arches. + mini drivers think that is cool to put wheels the size of cotton reels on the car.

Do something original to it like stick a real bumper on one, put some large wheels on it and slam it to the floor. Roof spoilers, and spiltters are not completly out of the question. I know it will look gay, but then again it is a mini. :)