PDA

View Full Version : Front inner arch replacement panels

wils2795
10-11-08, 02:00 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can purchase replacement front arch panels? This is the curved panel located behind the front wheels where the outer wing fits against. (Mud flat attaches to the bottom)

I tried to attach a photo of the panel in question but it wont let me attach from an URL site until I have had 15 posts or more!!!!.

Or, if anyone could suggest the best method of replacing this part whist maintaining the curve.

Cheers
Robert

Shaun_O'Donnell
10-11-08, 02:08 PM
Hi Robert,

This bit:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i203/Shaun_ODonnell/innerwingswashed2.jpg

If unavailable, could just make this from sheet steel, weld in and cover in seam sealer to prevent further corrosion.

On one of my previous Nova's I sandwiched this panel with fibre glass. It was pretty rotten, but the shape was still there, so removed as much of the rot and fibre glassed it over. Lasted the 4 years I had the car and sold it on with no probs.

ade
10-11-08, 02:08 PM
Doubt you can get them - if you mean the splash guard that meets the bottom of the wing and curves up to directly above the wheel then stops I'm sure you can't.

It's probably easier just to get the old one/rust cut away and a new section welded in - use the existing one/wing curve as a template.

is thias what you mean? Had these welded in to my car before I bought my welder...

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33653&page=25

I had mine extended up...

burgo
10-11-08, 02:57 PM
they are very much unavailable so you'll have to make your own

Big_Chap
10-11-08, 03:22 PM
yep as said, no longer available, I made my own, really easy, use the old ones or the inside of the wing as a template. Check my build thread, 1st or second page

wils2795
10-11-08, 05:22 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys.....I will have a bash at fabricating the splash panel and see how it looks.

I am at the start of my build and prob require more help as I go along so I will keep you all up to date with the progress and post some photo's once I have made more posts.

Cheers