PDA

View Full Version : Clarkson = Legend

Lee
09-11-08, 09:06 PM
'The time has come, after all, lots of people have been talking about it, and the internet has been full of complaints about it, so I really have to sincerely apologise...'

'.... for not adding the GT2's time to the power lap board'

Another middle finger to the people who take things far too seriously :thumb:

Iain
09-11-08, 09:07 PM
I laughed so hard at that lol Good episode all round.

Stuart
09-11-08, 09:07 PM
wasnt it GT2 :p

Lynsey
09-11-08, 09:08 PM
LMAO lol

He's like a cool uncle.

Lee
09-11-08, 09:10 PM
wasnt it GT2 :p

Edited for the pedantic among us lol

Lynsey
09-11-08, 09:11 PM
Pfft, you can do secret edits?!

kelbelle
09-11-08, 09:13 PM
Just finished watching this weeks top gear, They crack me up, setting of car alarms and ****

John
09-11-08, 09:14 PM
clarkson, spot on as always!

Jack
09-11-08, 09:43 PM
I'd just like to say

MOIST

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/01/vintage_cars/image/corvette_2006.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Dodge_challenger-SRT8_304_1920x1200.jpg

Sod the one May had, that was poo lol

Stuart
09-11-08, 09:46 PM
Mays was kinda "stealth/sleeper" though lol

Graeme
09-11-08, 09:48 PM
Loved the Wagon driver reference that people have complained about. Change gear, change gear, kill a prostitute. Its all good humour

loggyboy
09-11-08, 09:49 PM
If it made Capt Slow overtake JC then it cant be half bad.

paddy138
09-11-08, 10:43 PM
i missed last weeks episode,what happened that everyone was giving out about

belly257
09-11-08, 10:48 PM
this weeks was awsome as ever, there is a rumor that clarkson is getting sacked or has been sacked from bbc?

ade
09-11-08, 10:52 PM
If there was a "rumour" he was getting sacked and then did he would sue them all over the planet and take them to a tribunal and win!

The BBC would go under if they sacked Clarkson after ditching Ross - 2 weekend anchor pins of their main viewing populus gone in a month! they'd go under!

As for tonights show - utter genious when they got pulled by the police and Clarkson gave the cop the middle finger on numerous occasions

lol

As for Captain slow - wtf was the snake skin jacket about - Hamster clone or what?

marc novataken
09-11-08, 10:54 PM
i just read on some site that clarkson was sacked today! apparently he heard it on the radio? anyone know if its true or just someone talkin ****? i cant be held responsible for my actions if its true!!

Lee
09-11-08, 10:57 PM
Course its not true!

Clarkson is one of those people who has far more fans than he does people he offends. If they sacked him for that comment he made last week they would have a sh1tstorm to deal with.

Ross is a prat at the best of times, therefore he's not half as immune IMO.

marc novataken
09-11-08, 10:58 PM
hope its not true clarkson probably the funniest bloke on tv IMO! even got all his books!

ade
09-11-08, 10:59 PM
to clear it up

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5h8_HcsvLzLOlYYi8DSqFKMJuB2IQ

ade
09-11-08, 11:02 PM
and to put it into perspective, Ross only got 2 complaints until the Sun got hold of the story and there was a flood from your "angry Sun reader" demanding justice.

The Sun never published owt about Clarkson hence why h ewas on air this week.

The BBC can lose another key presenter on entertainment/fact. they'd be screwed.

Lee
09-11-08, 11:02 PM
TBH if he is sacked, its a sad day for free speech.

The complaint brigade needs to be stopped!

marc novataken
09-11-08, 11:03 PM
lets complain about the complaints!

Lee
09-11-08, 11:03 PM
The Sun never published owt about Clarkson hence why h ewas on air this week.

They wouldnt would they, he writes a column for them. A damn good one at that! lol

Novaboyleon
09-11-08, 11:04 PM
top gear wouldnt be worth watching without clarkson! enough said!

belly257
09-11-08, 11:04 PM
just read through that, didn't really tell me if he got sacked or whatlol

ade
09-11-08, 11:05 PM
TBH if he is sacked, its a sad day for free speech.

The complaint brigade needs to be stopped!
Isnt that a contradiction?

Surely the complaint brigade complain because of freedom of speech.

Isnt stopping them communism?

lol

You're renamed Leenin

Breeny
09-11-08, 11:06 PM
7000000 viewers vs 500 complaints? lol

The guys a complete legend!

Welsh Dan
09-11-08, 11:07 PM
If he was sacked from the BBC, we'd just end up watching Top Gear with adverts ;).

marc novataken
09-11-08, 11:09 PM
there were only a few complaints on the night. so i dont understand why people watch it on youtube in the knowledge they will get offended just so they can complain about it!

ade
09-11-08, 11:10 PM
yeah thats called DAVE!

Lee
09-11-08, 11:10 PM
Isnt that a contradiction?

Surely the complaint brigade complain because of freedom of speech.

Isnt stopping them communism?

lol

You're renamed Leenin

Hey, its already been established that PNG is a dictatorship lol

burgo
10-11-08, 04:34 AM
to be honest i was impressed with that thing captain slow was driving., only 10 mph slower than the new corvette over the mile and clarkson beat the record at the salt lakes with the corvette.

Jack
10-11-08, 08:51 AM
I find it interesting that Clarkson doesn't appear to give a toss about some angry truckers making a game where they have to run him over. Maybe that proves he has a sense of humour where some others don't?

TBH comparing a few jesting comments about truckers to two complete muppets of "comedy" ringing up a respected actor and repeatedly leaving lewd and obscene messages on his answerphone about his daughter cannot even possibly start to be compared.

Clarkson is one of those people who has far more fans than he does people he offends. If they sacked him for that comment he made last week they would have a sh1tstorm to deal with.
Exactly, there would be uproar and the BBC would lose one of its biggest ratings pullers...

If he was sacked from the BBC, we'd just end up watching Top Gear with adverts .
...which, as Dan said, would be rather swiftly snapped up by another channel. Do the BBC think that people only watch The Clarkson Show because its on the BBC? Pfft.

there were only a few complaints on the night. so i dont understand why people watch it on youtube in the knowledge they will get offended just so they can complain about it!
Thats certainly true in the case of Ross and Brand. I think they actually only had one complaint at the time of the show, but once it was splattered all over the papers and news sites, more people complained.

Meh, this isn't the first (and certainly won't be the last) time people have called for him to be booted off.

Asa-James
10-11-08, 09:48 AM
and another "controversial" out take from the show

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/3403362/Top-Gears-Morse-code-attack-on-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html

gotta love it!

burgo
10-11-08, 09:51 AM
lmfao. they should be praised for such clever mocking. wish i knew morse code now :(

Riggy
10-11-08, 10:14 AM
PMSL @ the morse code lol

as said clarkson is a legend lol

ade
10-11-08, 11:24 AM
lol always wondered what that said. Would have been class if it'd said - "if you translate this you are a sad idiot!"

COMPLAINT!

loggyboy
10-11-08, 12:25 PM
Red dwarf did that once. On the episode Backwards, one of the characters spoke backwards, when reversed it said somthing about 'i feel sorry for the sad ba*tard thats bothered to reverse this to find out what im saying.'

Stuart
10-11-08, 12:58 PM
Red dwarf did that once. On the episode Backwards, one of the characters spoke backwards, when reversed it said somthing about 'i feel sorry for the sad ba*tard thats bothered to reverse this to find out what im saying.'

"where the hell is nodnoL?" lol

Welsh Dan
10-11-08, 01:44 PM
Where's the cat? He's over there taking a dump...

Mike
10-11-08, 02:13 PM
and another "controversial" out take from the show

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/3403362/Top-Gears-Morse-code-attack-on-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html

gotta love it!

LMFAO lol lol

With regards to the HGV drivers murdering hookers, a good friend of mine, her dad is haulier, he found it funking hilarious!!

marc novataken
10-11-08, 02:20 PM
LMFAO lol lol

With regards to the HGV drivers murdering hookers, a good friend of mine, her dad is haulier, he found it funking hilarious!!

i saw in the paper the other day that the truckers backed clarkson!

loggyboy
10-11-08, 02:22 PM

841 selim?

Bulgaria, rich in animal produce and mineral wealth, just south of Bosnia.

We are the smart team!

Where's the cat? He's over there taking a dump...
He's... you know.... in the bushes
;)

Spudly
10-11-08, 02:25 PM
841 selim?

Bulgaria, rich in animal produce and mineral wealth, just south of Bosnia.

We are the smart team!

Eeeyarr maye, have ya tooth back...... Lets unrumble lol

RedDwarf at its finest, they dont do anything as good thses days!

loggyboy
10-11-08, 02:27 PM
Im digging series 3 out tonnight!

Stuart
10-11-08, 02:35 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Thats mine, Thats mine, That sure as hell is mine.... eww that aint mine

loggyboy
10-11-08, 02:38 PM
nooooo

'this is mine... this is mine... alllllll this is mine... except that bit... i dont want that bit.'

Spudly
10-11-08, 02:40 PM
I love the one where he finds listers cigs that rimmer has stashed, and rimmer teaches him to get all the fish he wants.....

"Fish" "todays fish is trout ala creme, enjoy your meal" six or so fish meals later he replies "i will" lol

loggyboy
10-11-08, 02:44 PM
sheer genius

'3 fish? for all these shinny things?'
'I'l show how to get all the fish you ever wanted... '
'5 fish? id be rich'

one of my fave cat quotes is where hes singing.. 'S E X i think i want it - S E X im gonna get it - S E X i think i found it' just as he discovers lister fainted on the floor after getting mutated pneumonia.

L33 LEG
10-11-08, 03:10 PM

lol best episode ever, il never forget that. i still call london that now and none of my mates have a clue why Lol

and about top gear, last night was much much better than previous ones, even tho they are all funny as hell.

loggyboy
10-11-08, 03:13 PM
lol best episode ever, il never forget that. i still call london that now and none of my mates have a clue why Lol

Me and my bro do the same!

and about top gear, last night was much much better than previous ones, even tho they are all funny as hell.

Did you find it 'entertaining'? - I hope not or the US Goverment will come and take you away.

L33 LEG
10-11-08, 03:16 PM
i would of said it was more factual than anything...

dj_wudgey
10-11-08, 04:23 PM
clarkson is the man lol!!!!

ednovasr2
10-11-08, 06:44 PM
I thought I was going to cry! Hay & at the end of the day the BBC can not afford to lose anymore viewers so they'll do bugger al about it too!

JC for PM join the facebook campain!

Spudly
10-11-08, 06:54 PM
Aww poo we nearly steered the topic off to a Red Dwarf appreciation thread lol

Top Gear is cool but Red Dwarf FTW:thumb:

ednovasr2
10-11-08, 07:06 PM
nearly not quite tho!

ednovasr2
10-11-08, 07:08 PM
I say TG theam tune to be 2012 Oylimpic theam tune! The china's one really got on my T**s LOL

mowgli
10-11-08, 08:19 PM
the bbc would never sack clarkson, & its not for the 7m ratings...... the export sales (100+countries)& dvd tie-ins make them an absolute fortune