PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules

Lee
08-11-08, 10:45 PM
The forum rules are now availiable by clicking the new link in the nav bar, next to the Members List.

Also, can i also take this oppertunity to say we will be paying extra attention to thread content in the forum (except Muppet) to ensure threads dont go off topic. If you post stuff which isn't appropriate or on the same general lines of the thread topic, dont be surprised if your posts go missing. Im pretty sure that this isn't a major problem, but a few members have brought it up, so we will keep an eye on it.

But as I have said in another thread, if off topic muppetry offends you in any way, I suggest you stay out of Muppet Corner.

burgo
08-11-08, 10:49 PM
one question. i assume if anyone spots a rule break they should click the report post button?

Lee
08-11-08, 10:50 PM
That would be appreciated.

Seeing as so much fuss was made about them, you can rest assured they will be fully enforced :)

Stoo
08-11-08, 10:51 PM
deletion at the Moderators discression.

Discretion :thumb:

Nice to have some guidelines laid down now

The_General_Chancer
08-11-08, 10:51 PM
Sounds good not just the muppet corner tho For sale threads etc etc

I aint spitting my dummy and reaching for the nappies just my opinion cheers rich

Lee
08-11-08, 10:53 PM
Discretion :thumb:

Well spotted fatty :thumb:

Lee
08-11-08, 10:55 PM
Sounds good not just the muppet corner tho For sale threads etc etc

I aint spitting my dummy and reaching for the nappies just my opinion cheers rich

I appreciate that.

Dan normally looks after the classifieds, but he has been a tad busy.

As Burgo says, if you see anything like that, hit the report button, its what its there for.

Stoo
08-11-08, 10:55 PM
Well spotted fatty :thumb:

Ive lost 2 stone you cheeky c-unit!

Sloth
08-11-08, 11:02 PM
excellent, normality restored. thanks guys!

Stoo
08-11-08, 11:35 PM
Im astonished that, in a thread about the forum rules, the rules are being broked!!!

Ya RLY

Lee
08-11-08, 11:35 PM
and you are a self fulfilling prophet.
After being one of the ones who was so indignant about there being no rules availiable to read, you're a bit slow on the uptake arn't you?

Cool off for a day.

Lynsey
08-11-08, 11:39 PM
Thank God for Lee.

I like the idea of having written rules, some people don't seem to understand etiquette.

edens-xe
08-11-08, 11:50 PM
i apologise lee if i broke the rules then but a bit of friendly banter should not be mocked by sloths in my opinion:thumb:

L14MNP
09-11-08, 12:19 AM
I disagree with rules 1, 2 and 3 lol That means I have contravened no. 15? lol

Paul
09-11-08, 09:49 AM
Is my avatar offensive?

AlexW
09-11-08, 10:02 AM
Good to have some formal rules, not just for the newbies but everyone.

Rules Rule lol

Martin
09-11-08, 11:51 AM
Lol at deleting my posts

Ben
09-11-08, 11:58 AM
Cant we have the rule like football, an offside one!

No seriously people requested bans for others should themselves be binned!

marc novataken
09-11-08, 12:00 PM
that a good idea mate its annoyin keep seeing posts saying this person should be banned or whatever.

Ste L
09-11-08, 12:03 PM
I'm breaking rule number 5. :(

5. Advertise other websites in your Signatures

got a link to my own site in it

twistysnovagte
09-11-08, 12:08 PM
that a good idea m8 its annoyin keep seeing posts saying this person should be banned or whatever.youll find that your breaking rule number 14.;)
lee could you rewrite rule 14 as i cant understand it.lol,spot on now no-one can say "they cant seem to find the rules"bla bla bla---bla bla:thumb:

marc novataken
09-11-08, 12:19 PM
oh sorry was texting a mate at the same time. ill edit it

Lee
09-11-08, 03:04 PM
i apologise lee if i broke the rules then but a bit of friendly banter should not be mocked by sloths in my opinion:thumb:
Keeping threads on topic are not actually included in the rules. I did that for a reason, as stopping the odd post like yours would make for a pretty boring place to be. We need to operate some form of discretion here and there. Most of the rules in there are to cover our asses as well as give some form of moderation guidelines. Single posts that deviate wont be removed, but if a thread starts to deviate massively, then action will be taken. As I said though, I dont believe we have much of a problem with that sort of thing outside muppet.

Things shouldnt change much around here, apart from people having a clearer view of what is and isnt acceptable.

Ste, I adjusted rule 5 as I agree it wasn't clear enough.

Paul, it could be classed as offensive, but its not exactly shocking, therefore I dont have an issue with it unless someone complains about it.

Andy
09-11-08, 03:15 PM
Why,after all these years of it running fine without written rules has it come to this? I dont think you lot (admin) should have had to waste your time writing that up personally.You do a good job of running this site.99% of folk on here know what they can and cant do.

Jack
09-11-08, 03:18 PM
The site did have rules before, its just that most users didn't need to have them shown in such a fashion to understand them.

Some users have expressed an opinion that the rules are not clear to them, so we're just covering our backs. Nothing really should change much, its just that we can now easily refer back to the rules when we (mods/admins) perform any moderation tasks if questioned.

Lee
09-11-08, 03:18 PM
Why,after all these years of it running fine without written rules has it come to this? I dont think you lot (admin) should have had to waste your time writing that up personally.You do a good job of running this site.99% of folk on here know what they can and cant do.
We appreciate that Andy :thumb:

We did need a clarified set of rules that were easily accessible. For VBOA inclusion if nothing else. I wrote these rules for PVG many moons ago, so I just re wrote them to suit here, so not too much effort was involved. They were always going to be put up eventually :)

As Jack said, a detailed rule list is shown when you register, but its not referenceable. At least now some rules are :)

Spudly
09-11-08, 03:20 PM
Tbh andy i agree with you mate, but its like everything these days in life... it has to have a warning label on it.
Either im just a choirboy and really good, or i just have common sense as ive been on here since around 2004 iirc and joined up in 2005 and i only think i flicked through the rules when i registered anyways but ive never had a warning or a ban for anything on here.
Funny that aint it lol

Andy
09-11-08, 03:20 PM
Do the vboa ever look at this site?

Lee
09-11-08, 03:22 PM
Do the vboa ever look at this site?

Probably. If I was running the VBOA id be visiting potential joinees from time to time.

Ben
09-11-08, 03:22 PM
They will do if an application is made for membership.

ade
09-11-08, 06:43 PM
I find all this interesting - as Andy sas 99% of the time things are "fine" and in the Club section there are no issues as we all know how to behave and conduct ourselves.

It's outside the club and in the open forum that a little more control is needed. As Lee said - we need to show some form of control especially as we want to be linked with more professional organisations and having an open forum that occasionally goes off on one isnt the way to go.

Its like a shop window - the 1st thing people see is the front (open forum) - you want them to come in to your nice shop (the club) you don't daube your windows with poo and tell everyone to bugger off!

Everyong needs to understand that the rules are there to ensure we can maintain a good working forum - as we have done for many years.

Andy
09-11-08, 07:24 PM
Well said.Thats what i was getting at,it cant look good for new 'uns and the vboa looking at the site and seeing members trying to get each other banned and slating each other.Ive always found this site to be helpful,and friendly.

Lee
09-11-08, 07:28 PM
Well said.Thats what i was getting at,it cant look good for new 'uns and the vboa looking at the site and seeing members trying to get each other banned and slating each other.Ive always found this site to be helpful,and friendly.

Every villiage has an idiot IMO :) We just happen to have more than one at present.

Breeny
10-11-08, 12:35 PM
What about adding a rule about pic sizes?

ade
10-11-08, 02:11 PM
dont think I'd ban someone for that though - might remove them instead and leave a "removed due to size" message...

Most uploaders like photobucket auto resize to 800x600 - providing you click the right box...