PDA

View Full Version : fireworks

burgo
08-11-08, 08:09 PM
should be banned!!!

not only do i not get the point i also dont get the attraction. i mean youve seen one youve seen them all. plus all the unconciderate bastids setting them off dont think about my poor dog :mad:

rant over

pic of him hiding and bricking it

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/sclurgess/S7302393.jpg

twistysnovagte
08-11-08, 08:13 PM
awww that look petrified,poor dog,there will be plenty of animals,especialy at the local park(sherdley park)where the annual fireworks take place the animals in there must be going crazy(they go off around 100 metres away)........on the other note,im like a big kid my-self on bonfire night(only!)and spent around £240 on them this year, had the family around for a drink, kids etc,only to watch them go up in smoke:roll: lol

ade
08-11-08, 08:18 PM
I love fireworks (from a camera perspective) but really empathise with dogs. My sister in law's a dog walker and her collie goes all scared even when a log on a real fire goes crackle.

Thankfully we dont get many "chav" type firework idiots round by us - just organised shows - just need to keep the woofs indoors and doped up.

Pistol Pete
08-11-08, 08:20 PM
Dont really have a problem with fireworks. My cats dont seem that bothered either. They are both sat on the window sill getting a good view lol

Your dog does look scared, poor thing. And you take a photo of it??!!

matt_vaughan
08-11-08, 09:08 PM
I think we took our dog to a firework display once and it pretty much cured him.

He sulks a little but not hiding in corners or anything like before.

He hates bleeps though, actually wanders off to a relative's (accross a main road, it seems he knows how to cross roads now too) when he hears a phone's low battery tone or our new microwave buttons bleeping. My dad once left his phone on a table by the dog's bed and it bleeped all night (ever 5 mins or something) telling him battery was low, must have driven the poor mutt mad.

t45_ste
08-11-08, 09:12 PM
To say theres a "credit crunch" (i hate them stupid words) people still seem to be finding the dosh to burn. My dogs petrified!

EDIT. I think you can get calmers from the vets to help your dog out.

AlexW
08-11-08, 09:16 PM
i do see the attration but it dont intrest me tbh.

My dog refused to do anything but sit in the corner in his bed. He is a collie/greyhound cross, and he is also scared of log fires.

Andy
08-11-08, 09:18 PM
Fireworks are ghey.Some ar5eholes were setting them off at 4.45am last Friday night.It woke me, our lass and my little girl up.It was really loud and i was furious.Setting bastad rockets off at that time of the morning is just sick.

Spudly
08-11-08, 09:24 PM
Aww man i feel for you burgo, my cat is the same everytime a rocket goes up and she sh!tes her poor lil self!!

Andy unfortunately we were the unthinking ar$eholes with the fireworks a few years back so its a kind of "goes around comes around" thing, btw wtf were you doing ringin me at 5.45am this morning lol

C14se
08-11-08, 09:24 PM
my 12week old puppy dont mind fireworks its just sitting next to me

Andy
08-11-08, 09:35 PM
Aww man i feel for you burgo, my cat is the same everytime a rocket goes up and she sh!tes her poor lil self!!

Andy unfortunately we were the unthinking ar$eholes with the fireworks a few years back so its a kind of "goes around comes around" thing, btw wtf were you doing ringin me at 5.45am this morning lol Yeah but never at that time!! Err i didnt know i did tbh lol i was on my way home from being out on the juice at that time.Maybe it went off in me pocket or summat:wtf:Ive been in bed all day.lol:tard::tard:

ade
08-11-08, 11:20 PM
I thought it was against the law to sell them after 5th November?

And yet after weandering down the east end of Glasgow today every second shop was selling them?

Sloth
08-11-08, 11:25 PM
apparently you can sell em all year round. theres a shop here that does. sucks imo.

Lynsey
08-11-08, 11:34 PM
Aww, burgo your dog needs a big cuddle :)
Mine isn't bothered by them at all, the town display is held on the fields behind my house so mega loud but he's just not fussed at all. Strange though because he's quite nervous about everything else (especially Dougie's Scottish voice- as we found out last night lol). Just the cat who gets scared but he doesn't do cuddles :(

Spudly
09-11-08, 12:09 AM
Yeah but never at that time!! Err i didnt know i did tbh lol i was on my way home from being out on the juice at that time.Maybe it went off in me pocket or summat:wtf:Ive been in bed all day.lol:tard::tard:

Oh i know man never at that time as we had a lil ounce (barely) of sense even though we did do some funked up things but im not gonna mention on here (the nite luke and sarah split up lol)

Err i had two missed calls when i woke up this morning at some silly random time, thats why i didnt txt/ring back as i knew youd prob be asleep all or most of the day haha;)

L14MNP
09-11-08, 12:12 AM
LOL @ the video recorder. Still in use? :)

Jack
09-11-08, 02:57 PM
I thought it was against the law to sell them after 5th November?

I think they were going to bring some laws in which restricted when you could sell fireworks.

I quite like them BUT I don't like how some people use them, i.e. setting them off at gay o'clock in the morning. I also doing see the point of those ones that just go BANG loudly and nothing else, I mean whats the point? Save money and just smack yourself in the head with a hammer.

Missed out on getting any decent pics this year as there was a bit of mist about, and I spent most the evening in the garage bodging the novargh :(