PDA

View Full Version : Whos got a 2.0 8v seh??

KSRY
08-11-08, 05:05 PM
Looking at buying one for my Astra, just wondering what upgrades you can get easily, i.e, readily available 2nd hand and cheap-ish, I know about chipped ECU's, manifolds etc, what else is there??

Steve
08-11-08, 05:07 PM
Have a look here: http://tomstickland.co.uk/astra/mk2astra.htm sure, they arent as tuneable as the 16vs but then theres less to go wrong.

Bike carbs or webbers is an idea, as is a gas flowed head

AlexW
08-11-08, 05:12 PM
Dont fill it with super unleaded? lol

Steve
08-11-08, 05:14 PM
Nope, turns out that wasnt the problem after all..

AlexW
08-11-08, 05:29 PM
lol what was it?

KSRY
08-11-08, 06:04 PM
Have a look here: http://tomstickland.co.uk/astra/mk2astra.htm sure, they arent as tuneable as the 16vs but then theres less to go wrong.

Bike carbs or webbers is an idea, as is a gas flowed head

Thanks has given me some ideas, read through your thread too, your cars got a really good...retro? look, doy uo know anything about early and late seh's? I didn't know there was a difference, know a lad with a chipped seh ecu but he says its for an early type??

Jay
08-11-08, 07:44 PM
Have you tried looking here (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/search.php)

KSRY
09-11-08, 06:19 PM
Have you tried looking here (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/search.php)

yes of course I had but like every other forum search engine, the terms seh are too smaller term or too common hence me making a thread, asking

Lynsey
09-11-08, 06:24 PM
I've got one in my Nova and one in my Cav SRi. The one in the Nova will be getting some mods next year but I'm keeping the one in the Cav standard and reliable lol
Not sure which route I will take with mine yet. I'll have to refer to my encyclopedia of Vauxhall knowledge a.k.a Douglas lol

ste porter
09-11-08, 06:54 PM
i have an seh bottom, end thats been bored to a 2.1 been decked to bring the compression up brand new pistons rings ect was built with a reground crank oversized big ends and mains with arps everywhere possable has been sat in my shed for 2 years never got round to building it back up into an engine just got sprayed with oil and turned over by hand every few weeks

unfortunatly i have just robed the crank for my turbo after i shot a rod through the block but i do still have the block and matched pistons and rings ect in brand new condition if your interested all you need is a crank!

pm me if interested i also have a brand new head for it what was brought from germany a few years back that got built up with all new valves ported and polished ect and never gor ran if your interested

i was planning on that lot custom ground cam twin 45s custom built 4 branch with 3.5 inch primarys and equal length runners and emerald management and was hoping to be seeing around the 180 mark with shed loads of torque for a track car i was building. unfortunatly i sold it all including the car and all i have left now is the head and block so if your interested that should give you a rough idea and the head and block would give you a good starting point.

ant_tay
09-11-08, 09:23 PM
i got a 2.0 8v out of a 98 omega coming out of my nova in a few weeks its got a chipped ecu(but no proof) and its got a 4 -1 manifold and a power boost valve on and f16 box and the loom is a quick engine in my nova but going up to an xe pm me if your interested

KSRY
09-11-08, 09:38 PM
PM'd both of the above, I'm trying to find someone to help me or do it for me (with payment of course) as I'm not brilliant with engines (but I'm learning), got a quote, £700 B*llocks to that!

Steve
10-11-08, 11:07 AM
A 98 omega wouldnt have had an seh fitted!? Only in cav's up to 1992...

rodgers
10-11-08, 11:18 AM
great engines, bomb proof!!

Nova_Tek
10-11-08, 09:31 PM
i got a 2.0 8v out of a 98 omega coming out of my nova in a few weeks its got a chipped ecu(but no proof) and its got a 4 -1 manifold and a power boost valve on and f16 box and the loom is a quick engine in my nova but going up to an xe pm me if your interested

That would be the C20NE (115BHP) which is 15 BHP down on the 20SEH (130BHP)

The seh is a good engine, as mentioned they are tough engines and will go on for many miles if looked after well. Tuning is down to the individual and how much power you are after. They can be turbo'd too preferably dropping the compression ratio down a bit. Just depends how much money you got. They are probably more reliable then the 16V's and much more quieter too. Service parts are cheap.

They are economical too in standard guise, my dad has got 40 odd mpg on long journeys in his Cav.

chrex
10-11-08, 11:03 PM
I bought my SEH from Offplot. As far as i know its spec'd up and i'm certainly happy with it! Am running it on R1 carbs, and although it has yet to be completed, i just know its going to be a fast little bugger!

here's the project log if you want to have a look:

http://forums.corsa-b.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=9295

:)

Steve
10-11-08, 11:15 PM
Nice build chrex, I remember offplot advertising that engine a while back, didnt read all the thread but whats it like to drive?

Would love a full on re-build and bike carbs on mine but... wallet says no!!