PDA

View Full Version : Lexus Style Clusters

Anton
10-11-02, 10:54 PM
I reckon its about time someone got off there arse and designed some lexus style clusters for the nova? Has this already been done? Too many people have the clear ones now :?

Matt Finary
11-11-02, 12:53 AM
Nova clusters are too small to do it really, they would look cr@p

Matt :)

Anton
11-11-02, 06:56 AM
true... but I just want somthing to be different. There are more clear clusters in my area than standard ones now!

Chris LR
11-11-02, 04:03 PM
Mk2 Astra
Mk3 Astra estate
Frontera
Discovery
New Range Rover
Freelander

I know there crazy ideas, but have you looked into them?

Anton
11-11-02, 07:44 PM
Seen Freelander lights on a mini, it looked well nice!

v1nce
12-11-02, 09:30 PM
y not just buy quad afterburners ???

Chris LR
12-11-02, 09:37 PM
And have your reverse and fogs lower down looking crap???

I don't like nova lights but I'd rather have lights all in the same place than scattered around the back of your car!

If you get the fog and reverse section of a freelander theres nothing stopping you from putting an orange bulb in the reverse and a twin filiament in the fog! But then you'd have to have separate reverse and fog yuck!

Matt Finary
13-11-02, 11:00 AM
why not mod your rear quarters and tailgate and fit some real lexus ones :o , You could make some half red/half clear nova ones?

Matt :D

Jim
13-11-02, 12:21 PM
I reckon its about time someone got off there a**e and designed some lexus style clusters for the nova? Has this already been done? Too many people have the clear ones now :?

Even thought the Nova is loved by lots of people, it's gettig a bit too old to start coming up with mods like the Lexus style lights. I'm not sure anyone will put the money towards designing lexus lights for the Nova.

The only way your going to get something unique is to do it yourself.

Jim

?Marty?
13-11-02, 06:41 PM
Lexus lights look crap unless they're large, and preferably, triangular in shape.

Just fit clear/smoked ones, colourcode them (mix clear lacquer with paint) or extend the tailgate to cover them and either fit some l.e.d. lights into the a pillars, transplant other car's lights into the back (to make it easier find some with a similar shape, or preferably smaller than the nova one's, and just have the exposed 'spare' space blanked off. Or just fit some little caravan round lights with the tailgate extended over them, but with holes cut out for the lights to protrude through. Like on the saxo in max pooower (let's fight some crimes).

Or fit some chinqucento lights or whatever, going side-ways i.e. blank off the existing light apartures by extending the tailgate, and just cut the tailgate to follow round the shape of the new lights.

Look at other modes of transport, for lights. e.g motorbikes, caravans, buses, agricultural shit. Shiiiiiiit, even mountain bike lights (those little flashing one's). Sky's the limit.

Matt Finary
13-11-02, 08:44 PM
Don't fit LED's in the pillers!!!!!!! :evil:

Matt :)

Chris LR
13-11-02, 08:45 PM
I once saw a pale pink nova with colour coded lights. Looked OK but I think it was only half finished.

You could always turn the lights roung having them mounted horizontally. This has also been done on a mini, although Nova lights may be the wrong shape.

?Marty?
14-11-02, 02:59 AM
1 - Get the nova lights.

2 - Take them to bits, and just keep the actual casing (not outer).

3 - Fit mdf panels, the same size for each light (i.e. reverse, fog and etc) inside.

4 - cover them in kitchen baking foil (no creases/folds).

5 - fit led lights into the mdf panel (the more the better).

6 - make and fit a clear casing to cover the light clusters.

7 - admire your new magic lights.

Could look like a pile of shit though.

The Nova afterburner lights are fuckin' wank! Pug 306 and etc aren't that bad, as they have chrome rings with led lights round them.
You could just get some of those chrome rings with led's and fit them onto the back of the nova!? Flush them into the tailgate, extending it to cover the recess where the lights now go.

but DON'T FIT LED'S INTO THE PILLARS! That's forbidden. :wink:

Matt Finary
14-11-02, 12:19 PM
Yes it is!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Matt :D

Chris LR
14-11-02, 08:05 PM
Corsa Mk1 5dr lights
Citroen Berlingo
Cavalier

The only limit is your imagination and your wallet

?Marty?
15-11-02, 01:28 AM
Did i really write what i wrote above? It's a load of friggin' shit! Why did no one tell me i'm spouting shite!?

Chris LR
15-11-02, 02:15 PM
Well I'm unsure how long to put them in the oven, and at what temperature, but apart from that it made sense.

I have decided on rear lights now. I'm not saying where they're coming from but, I will say that they are from a German car and are quite rare (?130). But they're not too far away from Nova size and look OK