PDA

View Full Version : electrics

jon_boy
10-11-02, 05:41 PM
basically my hazard light dont work. when they are turned off the indicators do not work. if i press the button then try my indicators they then work. sounds crazy has has confused me. any ideas? cheers

mikeoxford
10-11-02, 07:42 PM
is this on a mk2 nova? and have you attempted the security measure modification on the hazard switch...........?

Pete@DDMS
10-11-02, 09:28 PM
Have you had the hazard switch removed, if so did it only stop working after this. It is possible to plug the the connector onto the hazard switch upside down which affects the electrics like an earth fault.

jon_boy
11-11-02, 10:43 AM
as far as i remember it has always done ti even before i changed my hazard light switch. my sister seems to remember the switch working, then when i got the car i try and its dead. only noticed bout month ago when i came to try and use it. ah well

jon_boy
11-11-02, 10:48 AM
but if anyone else here has done the mk 1 to mk2 dash conversion could they just "remind me" which colour wires from the old loom go to which ones on the old loom. as there is still a few inches of wire from the old connector plug, easier to connect to old wires than put new wires into the plug. lol and even wen i finished the hazard switch didnt quite reach its hole. just one more inch of wire wouldve been fine.................and have you cashed the cheque yet mike cos the bank thinks not. :!:

mikeoxford
11-11-02, 02:14 PM
i think so :oops:

thanks for being honnest anyway m8

erm, what account did you send it from - whats the name again? and when abouts should i have cashed it? - ill check my account tonight :o

sorry m8

jon_boy
11-11-02, 04:14 PM
lol, should be from an account of P Haggerty. for bout 27quid 50. i sent it a while back. bout 2 plus weeks i think. as for the hazard lights i canny be bothered, just gonna see if it passes its mot like it is. if not then the mechanic can do it. lol. just spent all day checking the wires and all seems good.