PDA

View Full Version : local council idiots.........

mowgli
06-11-08, 10:51 PM
Background: I'm doing a building job for this bloke. he & his missus went to visit their daughters grave yesterday. in the cemetary is the local war memorial.

Problem: on about 50 gravestones, 2 days ago, an 'expert' has slapped large labels with safety tape condemning them. they will have the stickers on until they have been made 'Safe'. This Sunday it is Remembrance Day. The day that we, as a nation pay our respects to the brave souls who have fought & died for their country... And everyone will see these pathetic safety signs plastered everywhere.... The man asked the local council if they could be removed as they are an eyesore & not very respectful. the council can't see the problem & warned him that if he removed them he would be held liable if anyone suffered an accident.

this will be in the local paper tomorrow, Radio Leicester is airing it, Central news are looking into it...

If these idiots don't remove the stupid bloody signs, I am going to the cemetary to help the bloke remove them as I really hate petty minded officials who sit in an office & hide behind 'rules' and issue threats to try to stop members of the public, because they won't be prepared to admit that they are very wrong.I always go to the remembrance service, because I have great respect for anyone who gave their life to serve king (or Queen) and Country...

minor rant over. comments appreciated

Also has anyone ever heard of someone getting hurt when a gravestone fell on them??????? and I want you to leave out vandals & characters in Hammer Horror Films

Sloth
06-11-08, 11:14 PM
i agree mowgli, string the council tw@ts up! how dare they do something like that. take em all off and go down the town hall and stick em all over it!

Asa-James
06-11-08, 11:23 PM
sod that, find out who stuck them on the graves, and stick them to him!

brainsnova
06-11-08, 11:33 PM
stick the heed on him not the signs for disrespect.

Ben
06-11-08, 11:35 PM
have heard about the "dangerous gravestones" on the news back home before.

But timing as ever with any council is an ass.

Stoo
06-11-08, 11:37 PM
Good shout Mowgli

Nuff respect mate

Im actually on parade in my local village this sunday.
No1 uniform is gleaming already!

mowgli
07-11-08, 12:17 AM
My daughters are actually taking part at primary school in a special remembrance service on thursday. Hinckley may be a sh1thole, but they have certain priorities right, they teach the kids about pride & respect

Stoo
07-11-08, 12:20 AM
And thats how it should be

Bring back national service too IMHO

Ben
07-11-08, 12:20 AM
And thats how it should be

Bring back national service too IMHO

I agree!

Stoo
07-11-08, 12:26 AM
If your not in Uni, or further education of some sort, then all 16-20yolds should serve a minimum of 3yrs in any of the 4 services

Ben
07-11-08, 12:27 AM
lol the colleg's would never have been so full

Stoo
07-11-08, 12:28 AM
ok, from 16-18 ALL should serve for 2yrs

THEN you continue your education

Jack
07-11-08, 07:47 AM
TBH thats the exact stupidity which made me leave the council, and refuse to ever work for them again.

Say what you like about central government, but its the local departments who really try their hardest to win the "complete fcuking w@nkers" award

Stoo, No1 uniform? They're going to let you wear your leopard skin thong on parade? :p lol

Stoo
07-11-08, 07:49 AM
yeah man, and my cokk watch!

Spudly
07-11-08, 09:18 AM
Thats petty, mindless and plaind fcuking appalling.

It just goes to show that there are not many people left in the world who know or have experienced first hand the tragic loss of life due to the war, it seems all the descendants of fallen servicemen have now passed on aswell and the generation were currently in either doesnt stop to think or just plain doesnt care as it wasnt them or anyone they know!

meritlover
07-11-08, 09:27 AM
all i can say is come the recession, these 'non-job' council do gooders will soon be weeded out.

why not visit the graves 2 years ago and maintain them before they were in such a state that they had to be removed altogether?

Tidy Max
07-11-08, 09:31 AM
hurt the cnut, thats bloody stupid, id like to think im not one for offering up daft useless advice such as that offered on 'revenge' type threads etc, but i genuinely mean hurt the *******, a sign stuck up on the entrance to the graveyard would be enough to cover the councils backs i thought thats why we had the "enter at your own risk" sign

"i hurt myself, give me money"... "sorry mate YOUR ENTERED AT YOUR OWN RISK"

next they will be labelling ever shard of smashed bus stop glass just incase

if you want to work for the council then IPSO FACTO you should not be allowed to work for the bloody council

Dod
07-11-08, 09:49 AM
Mowgli, I see exactly what you're sdaying and the sad thing about it is, that the day before the Rememberance, the Council will probably remove all traces of their stickers and warning tape after dismissing the idea of removing them until then. Its pathetic that they chose to do that and there more than likely wont be anything said about it afterwards. Similar to over here, its usually swept under the Carpet after days of Protest.

draper
07-11-08, 11:23 AM
councils are great lol

our local council has moved the rembereance service from 10.45AM next tuesday (the proper time so a minutes silence can be held in church) to 3.00PM - WTF, 3pm is a stupid random time, apparently its so people dont have to be on the market place in the cold autumn morning weather

Jack
07-11-08, 12:52 PM
all i can say is come the recession, these 'non-job' council do gooders will soon be weeded out.
Unfortunately, quite the opposite will happen.

pikey1986
07-11-08, 02:48 PM
national service is the way forward, as for rememberance sunday it could be bellowing down with snow and id still stand and show respect for the brave folks who have fought for queen and country, its a subject i hold close to my heart as my dad served in the army and is currently in the ta and not long returned from iraq, whilst my younger brother is due to start his training ready for deployment in afganistan. ive got big respect for everyone in the forces, without them we as a nation would be fcuked

mowgli
07-11-08, 09:42 PM
Just to update...

there was a 10 minute piece on Radio Leicester about it... a Labour mp from Wirksworth who has been crusading against the graveyard 'safety' thing was on, and called the council every name he could. the journalist interviewed a few people & then the presenter had a right swipe at the council as they wouldn't come on to give their side..........

The local papers are involved, so red faces are next.

Pistol Pete
07-11-08, 09:48 PM
Sound like a load of ar5e. Timing is perfect aswell!!

Some councils are a bloody joke.

General Baxter
07-11-08, 10:30 PM
which paper is it in ?

mowgli
07-11-08, 10:36 PM
which paper is it in ?

leicester mercury, next weeks Hinckley Times

It will be accompanied by a story about all of the warning stickers disappearing from the cemetary, not that I know anything about that......

turbojolt
07-11-08, 10:38 PM
leicester mercury, next weeks Hinckley Times

It will be accompanied by a story about all of the warning stickers disappearing from the cemetary, not that I know anything about that......

lol well good on who ever removed them its Disgusting they were there in the first place :thumb:

Stoo
07-11-08, 10:39 PM
descuting

Wtf

Pistol Pete
07-11-08, 10:40 PM
Disgusting, maybe??!! lol

turbojolt
07-11-08, 10:45 PM
sorry and edited

Nova_Tek
08-11-08, 11:05 AM
national service is the way forward, as for rememberance sunday it could be bellowing down with snow and id still stand and show respect for the brave folks who have fought for queen and country, its a subject i hold close to my heart as my dad served in the army and is currently in the ta and not long returned from iraq, whilst my younger brother is due to start his training ready for deployment in afganistan. ive got big respect for everyone in the forces, without them we as a nation would be fcuked

Very true mate,

National service is deffo a good way of disciplining people. Got most of my family who live in Cyprus. All the males must complete national service.

Not only does it give some sort of encouragement into studying higher education but a lot of the males get plenty of discipline too.

There is a lot of respect and pride given to soldiers from people from all walks of life. Many people are passionate about their service-men and quite rightly so. The job they do isnt easy and takes alot of courage so everyone in their right mind is very thankful.