PDA

View Full Version : F13 Gearbox shafts

greg1.4
06-11-08, 07:32 PM
Hi there i am wondering if there is two different types of F13 output shafts (shaft that goes through clutch and into the engine)

The problem we are having is fitting an F13 box onto a suzuki swift engine. I know it ran an F13 before but it seems like the shaft is a different size as the box i have got looks to be too big to slide in.

If the shafts are a different size is it possible that you can interchange the shafts to suit?

Thanks.

Greg.

Adam
06-11-08, 07:43 PM
Nope there all the same type on F10/F13/F15 as far as im aware

Is the box it came with definently a std f13?

turbo-boy
06-11-08, 07:45 PM
you on about the spigot shaft?that slides through the middle of the clutch?

greg1.4
06-11-08, 08:00 PM
Yes it will be the spigot shaft im on about that slides through the middle of the clutch.

Adam, the box that was on it was a Quaife SCCR F13 box but the one i have is an F13 CR with a LSD for an F20. I have the F20 Cv joints ect and machined shafts to match the diff.

The only thing is i cant get the Gearbox spigot shaft to slide in to clutch/flywheel ect..

Adam
06-11-08, 08:06 PM
Sounds like that box uses a different sized input shaft then, with it being a Quaiffe box for some reason.

greg1.4
06-11-08, 08:11 PM
Can the input shafts be changed?

mowgli
06-11-08, 11:17 PM
is it a problem with the spigot bearing??

Ben
06-11-08, 11:53 PM
Might sound stupid but you have taken the clutch plate of and tried placing it on the shaft and not just trying to put the gearbox on the engine.

greg1.4
07-11-08, 01:40 PM
the problem is the shaft that goes through clutch etc looks to be too big. the splines look the same but the round part just infront of the splines looks too big.

i am off work today so i will take the clutch off and do some measuring/try fitting.

i might also take some pics so its easier to understand.

turbo-boy
07-11-08, 09:48 PM
yes i think you will need to grind bit of if your clutch if it is the right one for that box it must be hitting the fly wheel inside the hole in the middle due to it mybe hving different spigot shaft

mowgli
07-11-08, 10:12 PM
the problem is the shaft that goes through clutch etc looks to be too big. the splines look the same but the round part just infront of the splines looks too big.

i am off work today so i will take the clutch off and do some measuring/try fitting.

i might also take some pics so its easier to understand.

I think you've just answered the question yourself.

The input shaft spigot has to machined down on a lathe to fit the suzuki spigot bearing.