PDA

View Full Version : Insignia- What do you think?

Lynsey
06-11-08, 05:03 PM
What do you think of the Insignia?

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/lynz_sr/insignia/insignia.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/lynz_sr/insignia/insigniarear.jpg

Interior

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/lynz_sr/insignia/interior.jpg

I prefer it in black, something a bit smoother about it:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/lynz_sr/insignia/_Vauxhall-Opel-Insignia-1.jpg

And OPC looks quite exciting

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/lynz_sr/insignia/opel_insignia_opc-5626-56.jpg

But I think the Sports Tourer is probably my favourite, wonder if they're making a VRX edition like the Vectra VXR estate?

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/lynz_sr/insignia/sportstourer.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/lynz_sr/insignia/sportstpourer.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/lynz_sr/insignia/vauxhall_vectra_vxr_07_09_05.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/lynz_sr/insignia/Vauxhall-Vectra_VXR_Estate_2006_800.jpg

Lynsey
06-11-08, 05:04 PM
Looks a bit messy, I should have resized all the pics so sorry guys.

Anyway, opinions pleeease :D

turbojolt
06-11-08, 05:04 PM
i hate all these new cars coming out with these BMW inspired flame edging urrrr

but i do like the interior

Asa-James
06-11-08, 05:05 PM
BMW, Mercdes, Lexus, Mazda, theres a bit of everything in the styling of that. cant say i'm a fan

Lynsey
06-11-08, 05:13 PM
I agree ^ I think that all new cars are beginning to look the same. Some are a few years behind though lol

hc coupe
06-11-08, 05:14 PM
Well its an improvment...a big one over the old model IMO. OPC I always thought was Opel's VXR ??

Also heard it may come with four wheel drive in some classes ??

Tom

Graeme
06-11-08, 05:16 PM
It not for me but then I only seem to like car once they've ended production, Ive only just started liking the corsa c

meritlover
06-11-08, 05:17 PM
looks too passat/a4 estate bmw styled as per previous comments. usual un-imaginative, standard styling with no real design.

Lynsey
06-11-08, 05:25 PM
OPC I always thought was Opel's VXR ??

It is, I just had the photo of the Opel OPC version though :thumb:

I still think my Cavvy is the Big Daddy of the lot :)

Graeme- I'm the same, it always takes me a while too- I have to let them grow on me.

Dod
06-11-08, 05:26 PM
A point wortg mentioning though, they are RWD.

I've been invited to the Launch of the Opel Insignia through Total Opel and they're organising a test drive at Mondello Park for a select few of through the Club as well.

TBH, all new cars always look the same, but after a few years when there are more newer cars and models they look more distinguished (SP)

Lynsey
06-11-08, 05:34 PM
Awesome, i hope you have fun :D

I know none of us can give a proper opinion because we've not driven them (except Dougie who is away out in one now :)) I just wondered what peoples first impressions were :)

Dod
06-11-08, 05:38 PM
I like it simply because they made it rwd when the last Vectra should have been in the same format.

It looks like a very flash Car, similar to BMWs and Mercs seems to be laid out well. Its a thumbs up for me.

loggyboy
06-11-08, 05:46 PM
RWD!!! im SOLD

krobinson
06-11-08, 06:06 PM
Hold on folks, i'm pretty sure its FWD and 4WD. Not RWD, i'm hopeing to be proved wrong though?

Rich
06-11-08, 06:10 PM
56 sodding ecus to go wrong!! all can-bus i hate them without seeing it!

Vauxhall are bad enough with current can-bus attempts :mad:

Might of guessed, i work for them.. lol

mayhem
06-11-08, 06:14 PM
the irmscher version is great

mayhem
06-11-08, 06:15 PM
http://static.autoblog.nl/images/wp2008/opel-insignia-by-irmscher-2-450.jpg

olienova1
06-11-08, 06:17 PM
yah its FWD or 4WD. the VXR one is going to be releaced i belive just after. the hatchback and saloon are supposed to be reliced in middle of january next year! the 4WD is amazine to drive i went on the dealer launch last month! the sport back estate will be launched next october hopefully sooner:thumb:

loggyboy
06-11-08, 06:19 PM
Dod you faggot

The Insignia will be offered with front-wheel and all-wheel drive

You had me all excited.

Jack
06-11-08, 06:24 PM
Meh, in terms of looks it doesn't inspire me at all.

bai1ey
06-11-08, 06:25 PM
if i am right in thinking the 4 wheel drive one it is goin to have most the power going to the back wheels in sports mode i was reading a leaflet on it vauxhall last time my vectra was in. i like the look of it i didnt like the dash but it has grown on me

EUROTURBO
06-11-08, 06:50 PM
yea its a 70% 30 % split with the sport button on and a 65% 45% without...

Im getting one of these cars in january in SRI form with the 20" wheels and with the colour of the mo...WHITE!!!!

Hope it drives as well as i think it looks.....

Dod
06-11-08, 07:01 PM
Dod you faggot

You had me all excited.

I was told it was indeed RWD. I'll find the link and post it up.

novacabrio
06-11-08, 07:20 PM
Its a fantastic car, Loads better than the Vectra. It drives fantastic as well. Spent a day with it at Millbrook a few weeks ago. Drove better than alot of more expensive competitors

Asa-James
06-11-08, 11:02 PM
are the drivetrains going to be the alfa/gm crossbreed they've been using for the past few years? with the 3.2v6 direct injection? if so, dont get too excited, the 159 is tosh, and uses loads of gm components

L14MNP
06-11-08, 11:03 PM
I saw one of these on display at the motorway services a few weeks back and was very impressed at the quality! As said though, very VAG/BM etc but in this case that's a good thing IMO. They look to have really raised the bar with this one, no wonder they binned the Vectra name lol

Wonder how it drives? Yeah all saloons and large hatches are looking the same as are all small hatches, TBH the Vectra needed a helping hand in the quality and image department to keep pace with the Mondeo, let alone Passatt, A4, 3 series etc. Looks like it certainly has that now, albeit under a new name, I would have been amazed if they could make it uglier than the present Mondeo though!

BRoadGhost
06-11-08, 11:26 PM
I think it looks like a horrible drive

Ben
06-11-08, 11:48 PM
Dod you faggot

You had me all excited.

My thoughts exactly!

Jack
07-11-08, 08:08 AM
They look to have really raised the bar with this one, no wonder they binned the Vectra name lol
tbh people will just see it as a Vectra with a new, inherently more stupid, name.

Of course its all depending on when Jeremy Clarkson attempts to do some driftz and wheelspinz init y0 on top gear, and just how badly he slates it. Lets face it, he doesn't own a Vauxhall (as opposed to being on the payroll of Ford) so he's not going to like it. And if Clarkson doesn't like it, the public probably won't either lol

Smurf-Xx
07-11-08, 08:29 AM
It looks like a space ship! Would have one if I got given it!

DaveyLC
07-11-08, 08:46 AM
I was dissapointed that they didnt make it RWD (kind of reviving the Omega) and they havent made any clear plans to release a V8 version (which was talked about in the past).. Also its some poncey viscous 4WD system nicked from SAAB that will no doubt be the cause of financial heart ache for future owners..

Having said that it does look nice.

craig green
07-11-08, 09:42 AM
Like anything Vaxhall have to offer, it'll handle like a bus compared with the competition, Clarkson will rip it to bits & then it will be doomed & everyone will await its replacement with anticipation.

The VXR is going to be a 2.9 twin turbo 4wd, as expected. Personally I think it looks like it might spring board Vauxhall up the rep charts a bit, only until the next rep mobile is launched from VW/FORD etc.

krobinson
07-11-08, 10:04 AM
tbh people will just see it as a Vectra with a new, inherently more stupid, name.

Of course its all depending on when Jeremy Clarkson attempts to do some driftz and wheelspinz init y0 on top gear, and just how badly he slates it. Lets face it, he doesn't own a Vauxhall (as opposed to being on the payroll of Ford) so he's not going to like it. And if Clarkson doesn't like it, the public probably won't either lol

I don't think top gear will review it tbh, when was the last time the show had a "normal" car on it? they didnt review the new mondeo etc either.

He'll just do a witty writeup for topgear magazine / website.

craig green
07-11-08, 10:13 AM
He'll still refer to it as a potato or something equally as insulting.

Vauxhall, the car Clarkson loves to hate!

Welsh Dan
07-11-08, 10:51 AM
Vauxhall, the car Clarkson loves to hate!

Actually he described Vauxhall as the only brand with good looking cars throughout the range.

burgo
07-11-08, 11:01 AM
it looks like a toyota :(

Andy_L
07-11-08, 12:32 PM
It's hoooooooge

Jack
07-11-08, 01:15 PM
I don't think top gear will review it tbh, when was the last time the show had a "normal" car on it? they didnt review the new mondeo etc either.
They gave the Mondeo the Top Gear Car Of The Year award (but thats expected of course, what with Clarkson being on the Ford payroll). He does also tend to go out of his way to poke fun at the Vectra.

it looks like a toyota
If only it had the reliability of one lol

Pistol Pete
07-11-08, 09:45 PM
I think it looks good. The "hot " version looks good also. I await to see it in the flesh to decide for definate though.

ade
07-11-08, 11:01 PM
looks like a melted BMW in a head on with a VW Passat.

Kind of like it though - very grown up.

craig green
09-12-08, 02:14 PM
Bump ageing thread.

I've changed my mind on the Insignia a bit.

Top Gear magazine have granted it Car of the Year status (or summat) & in the pics they have used (OPEL badged model shot in USA) it looks really good. It must be an SRi, but the body looks ace especially from the rear. They parked it in a BMW dealership & the look of the thing really holds its own parked alongside new 3 & 5 series models.

It drives marginally better than the new Mondeo apparently & the diesel engines are stronger than that of Ford. So all good!