PDA

View Full Version : Licence Revoked

ash anderson
06-11-08, 10:34 AM
Hello,
i recently stood in front of a magistrates court for as me being only 18 and crashed my 1st car up when 17-the usual young lad puts his 1st car through the hedge he was driving like a looney well stick as many points we can as possible-as seen in the courts eyes,
my Summons,driving without due care and attention,stearing gear not maintained properly:confused: and as i had cavalier SRi alloys on my car, and had a steel spare wheel apprently that was offence,and have to big of wheels for the spacific car so all in all i got my licence revoked and banned for 12months, today i have received a letter off the dvla saying
"please return your driving licence (photocard holder should return the plastic card and couterpart) and any test pass certificatesin your possesion etc
then goes on saying im not entitled to drive ona revoked driving licence, but the it says "you are however entitled to obtain a provisional licence if you wish to continue driving but you will be required to comply with the learner conditions attaching that licence untill you pass another driving test (theory and practical)
so its thrown me a bit, am i entitled to get a driving licence even tho the court has said im banned :confused: have had nothing in writing saying i have a 12month ban of the dvla ETC seems very odd and trying to get through to the DVLA taking me all day

Pistol Pete
06-11-08, 10:42 AM
I'm guessing it means you can have a provisional but have to adhere to the learner driver conditions, i.e. display L plates and have someone in the car who has three years experience??

ash anderson
06-11-08, 10:51 AM
I'm guessing it means you can have a provisional but have to adhere to the learner driver conditions, i.e. display L plates and have someone in the car who has three years experience??

Exactly what i was thinking but i just carnt understand me being banned for 12months and then be eligable to obtain a driving licence again whether it be a provisional and me do theory and practical again? seems odd anybody else had there revoked and just applyd for a proisional and gone again

Pistol Pete
06-11-08, 10:52 AM
I'm guessing again here but you will need to start from scratch. Theory and practical. But cant do this until your twelve months is up.

ash anderson
06-11-08, 11:03 AM
I'm guessing again here but you will need to start from scratch. Theory and practical. But cant do this until your twelve months is up.

im certain i will have to start again iirc, but i may try and apply for a provisional have nothing to lose and do it all again under the 12months see what happens as the dvla have not contacted me off a ban-but also i may be braking the law on doing this jm all new to this malarkie

white2lSR
06-11-08, 11:28 AM
As far as dvla is concerned your licence is revoked, same as if you got 6 points in the 2 years of driving. You will have to re-take your test, but not until your 12 month ban is spent.

It is the court that bans you, not dvla. You will be down on the PNC as a disqualified driver for 12 months

Southie
06-11-08, 11:38 AM
Did they offer you any reduction in the ban, as sometimes they can send you on a course, which may reduce it to something like 9 months instead of the twelve.

Personally I would have thought a ban is a ban. Anything motorised which needed a licence is now a no no :cry:

Jack
06-11-08, 01:14 PM
and as i had cavalier SRi alloys on my car, and had a steel spare wheel apprently that was offence,and have to big of wheels for the spacific car
LMFAO thats complete toss on both counts.

What did your solicitor say? As he/she should have gotten the whole conviction chucked out if the court attempted to prosecute on waifish accusations such as those.

draper
06-11-08, 01:17 PM
pick up phone, ring DVLA and ask what you have to do to get your license back and when you can apply

Jack
06-11-08, 01:22 PM
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/EndorsementsAndDisqualifications/DG_4022491

ash anderson
06-11-08, 01:42 PM
i have just got of the phone to the dvla, they inform me that im disqualified and havnt had my licence revoked-the courts havnt made it clear to them what they want the dvla to do in terms of my licence:confused: so untill further ado off the courts to the dvla im disqualified, not revok'd-so in other terms all i need to do is apply for my full licence back after the set amount off time by the courts:thumb:
but the courts arnt makeing it clear and i will be makeing a appointment with my solicitor as i am also entitled to appeal :cool:

L33 LEG
06-11-08, 01:42 PM
i doubt they will have given you a 12 month ban tbh. the courts often dont understand what a revoked license means. i should know because it happened to me when i was 18. the court said i was banned but all i did was send my license back to dvla and i got a new provisional through the post and basically started from fresh again.

if in doubt tho, just ring the dvla

ash anderson
06-11-08, 01:49 PM
i doubt they will have given you a 12 month ban tbh. the courts often dont understand what a revoked license means. i should know because it happened to me when i was 18. the court said i was banned but all i did was send my license back to dvla and i got a new provisional through the post and basically started from fresh again.

if in doubt tho, just ring the dvla

The DVLA-informed me if in doubt ring the court but like many other things if your trying to find out information your past round in a circle or of what it feels like, well just have to wait n see!

meritlover
06-11-08, 01:57 PM
LMFAO thats complete toss on both counts.

What did your solicitor say? As he/she should have gotten the whole conviction chucked out if the court attempted to prosecute on waifish accusations such as those.

agreed. if that was the case the space-saver wheels supplied by manufacturers are both the wrong width, diameter, and material. and therefor by your conviction, it means theyre also illegal?!?

i think you have to appeal that one.

ash anderson
06-11-08, 02:02 PM
agreed. if that was the case the space-saver wheels supplied by manufacturers are both the wrong width, diameter, and material. and therefor by your conviction, it means theyre also illegal?!?

i think you have to appeal that one.

;) :thumb: exactly what i said to my solicitor il just have to appeal

Rich
06-11-08, 06:17 PM
No new cars come with an alloy as spare anymore!! Some of the vauxhalls come with a normal steel wheel (not space saver) which is a different size wheel/tyre to whats on the car.

Why does it always seem like the courts/police/dvla havent got a clue what they are doing?(apart from robbing our money) Ive had problems with receiving a £205 fine for speeding and no points!? Paid the fine, no points on my lisence. No word of what happened just pay this now or we will take you to court.

BRoadGhost
06-11-08, 11:38 PM
Buy the smallest road legal 2 seater go kart you can, put some 26" spinners on it fo' sho then retake your test in it.

brainsnova
06-11-08, 11:45 PM
i got a £650 no ban but had to re take my driving test for driving with no tax or m.ot in a cav gsi when i was 19. i ve learned and had a clean licence for 8 years.

L14MNP
06-11-08, 11:48 PM
Naughty lads lol

brainsnova
06-11-08, 11:51 PM
the judge spewed when i said id pay the fine right there and then. robbing ****ers.

L14MNP
06-11-08, 11:58 PM
the judge spewed when i said id pay the fine right there and then. robbing ****ers.

lol this you?
http://www.thevine.com.au/resources/imgdetail/080708021157_quadrophenia_sting-detail.jpg

*NB: If you haven't seen Quadrophenia disregard...

brainsnova
07-11-08, 12:01 AM
lol i love Quadrophenia and have an old vespa too.

L14MNP
07-11-08, 12:04 AM
lol awesome mate, any pics? There's a kid around here with a Mod modded lol Vespa, too many lights and mirrors for my liking lol
A nice standard one being ridden by a hot Italian brunette ftw though...

brainsnova
07-11-08, 12:11 AM
its not that old 1984 but a pk50s its in my engine for sale thread needs retored. my mate has a collection of lambrettas very nice.

Jack
07-11-08, 08:03 AM
Seriously? You got your chequebook out and he vomited all over it? :wtf: