PDA

View Full Version : pdf documents and photoshop...

ade
06-11-08, 12:46 AM
Need some help...

I've been tasked at my work to make a small flip based booklet - about 5 pages long.

I'll be using photoshop but need top merge the files into a PDF document (adobe acrobat) so it can be printed.

The question is how do I take 5 separate images on photoshop and make 1 PDF document?

I only have adobe reader - do I need writer and is there a way of just importing new pages?

Ade

:confused::wtf:

Sloth
06-11-08, 12:49 AM
you need writer as your editing bud tis easy tho.

ade
06-11-08, 12:51 AM
is it possible to merge 5 pdf files together into one pdf file?

Sloth
06-11-08, 12:53 AM
yeah should be a merge tool, or open a doc and copy paste em in

loggyboy
06-11-08, 01:11 AM
Its very possible.

Download pdffactory.

Then simply 'print' your 5 PDFs in to 1 new pdf.

ade
06-11-08, 01:38 AM
cheers for that but that program adds a banner across the bottom. i dont fancy paying for it when its for my work!

Plus they're tight and wont pay for it!

Any know of any free ones out there?

ade

Southie
06-11-08, 08:18 AM
I use a mac at work as I work in the design studio in a printers. We use mainly Photoshop for the photograph side of things but use another adobe product called Indesign for the basic layouts.

From indesign you can drop in your selected photos/designed pages for your flip chart into a multi page document. From there you will be able to save as multi page PDF.

If you look for a torrent download for creative suite for PC, this includes: Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamwaver, Flash and Acrobat Professional. (Use at home thou and not work)

If you are wanting to just do it in Photoshop then save each page as a PDF then get hold of a copy of Acrobat Professional. Open your PDF document and you can then import each page as you need.

:thumb:

Tidy Max
06-11-08, 09:08 AM
try downloads.com and search for 'freeware' and PDF editing,
i would search for you but im off out on a job now! Good Luck mate

(if you still struggle pm me the name of the program, ill get the full version for you)

Prey
06-11-08, 09:11 AM
If your just sending the stuff through to the printers give them a call - chances are theyll be able to work with the flattened photoshop files from you anyway so saves you messing with the pdfs at all.

Jack
06-11-08, 09:23 AM
You'll need a PDF writer, which more often than not will cost money.

Get the business to pay for it. Using copied software (i.e. downloading it from a torrent) on a business IT system will land you in a whole world of sh!t.

If the business refuse to pay for the software to write PDFs, then your task can't be completed. Simple as that really.

loggyboy
06-11-08, 10:59 AM
Cutepdf doesnt add a banner, but it only allows single PDFs, unless you get the pro version, which then adds a logo unless you buy it!

As above, no such thing as a free lunch.

Alternatively, if its a one off, email them to me and il join them using the copy of full adobe we have at work.

Tidy Max
06-11-08, 12:01 PM