PDA

View Full Version : Reverse light not working ???

Ric 16v
09-11-02, 08:41 PM
just changed my rear clusters to clear ones :D and when I backed my car down the drive the reverse light worked fine then when i changed them over it doesn't work, :( I'v checked the bulb, fuses, and the sensor type of thing that makes it work in the engine bay and they are all fine, so wahts going on why won't it work :?: :?: :?: cheers

Chris LR
09-11-02, 11:03 PM
Bulb, Bulb holder ans fuses are common causes. Fautly wiring to the sensor could be a cause as could the sensor itself.

Manta Mad
09-11-02, 11:27 PM
Sounds like a connection since everything was fine before hand. If you have a test light or a multi meter, try for power at the reverse light bulb holder and work your way back until you find the fault.

Chris LR
09-11-02, 11:42 PM
I've just re-read your post, when you say you checked the sensor in the engine bay, do you mean the one on the underside of the gearbox???

The fuse that makes the lamp work affects the hole instrument panel (on an SR) but I suppose you'd have noticed this already.

Ric 16v
10-11-02, 12:20 PM
the sidelight bulbs work and so do the indicators on both sides, the reverse light bulb works in another holder and I'v just been down to my local garage and he sais it's not the sensor in the gearbox, so it must be an electrical fault somewhere !!!!!! cheers for the help

brian
11-11-02, 07:19 PM
plug out from the cluster again and check that all pins are straight. it's very easy to bend one or two pins in these plugs :wink:

carltoncrazy
11-11-02, 07:32 PM
errrrrr sensoir in the box??????oooook,
on the carlton its underside of the car,
are all the earths sorted proper.coz its an earhting fault.
ian