PDA

View Full Version : astra brake bolt and alloy wheel wanted, oops!

paul james
05-11-08, 07:11 PM
I put new disks and pads on last week, (astra 2.0 ones), all seemed fine. Driving this morning to work however, I hear a bang, brakes don't work properly, then car comes to a stop and wont shift. When daylight showed up, I discovered that one of the caliper bolts had decided to go solo from the rest of the car, and the caliper then got jammed into the wheel, and as caliper is stronger than alloy wheel, alloy wheel has now been lightened a fair bit.

I know I did the caliper bolts up quite tight, but obviously they need to be done up super tight or they unscrew themselves and go off for an adventure somewhere :mad:

Anyways, I could now do with a caliper bolt for a 256mm disk holding astra caliper.

And I'd also like a MK3 Astra Sport alloy wheel to replace the one thats been munched. I'm not bothered about a tyre, as I'll use the current one, as long as the alloy itself is in good shape.

This type (15"):
http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/14/3f/22cb_1.JPG

Can anyone help?

Mike
05-11-08, 07:21 PM
The bolts are still avaliable from GM for about £1.10 each.

paul james
06-11-08, 08:17 PM
Bump!

I vowed not to return to my local Vauxhall dealership as they were a nightmare to deal with, giving me wrong parts etc. But I suppose I'll have to make an exception and get a bolt from them.

But does anyone have a spare astra sport alloy wheel? pleeeease...