PDA

View Full Version : Head for a 1.3 SR

iety2004
05-11-08, 05:44 PM
Damged my head when trying to remove broken studs, so now need a new head.

So looking for a 1.3 or 1.2 carb's head

May also consider a whole engine.

BIGS
05-11-08, 05:46 PM
ive got a 1.4 sr head if thats any good?

garyc
05-11-08, 06:20 PM
Yeah I've got one thats been cleaned and skimmed and I think 3 angle valve seats .£60 plus postage PM me for more info

mowgli
05-11-08, 08:31 PM
if you have broken a stud, surely when the others have been undone & the head removed, the stub will be getatable & a mole grip will do the trick, but how did the head get damaged??????????

sorry, i was guessing on head studs, was it manifold??

iety2004
05-11-08, 09:31 PM
Yeah, snapped 3 exhaust studs changing the manifold. I damaged them but 1st buy snapping the nuts off, then with them heated and a stud remover, broke them a little closer to the head.

Once i rounded them off even more with molies, i then decided to drill them out, drilled one out fine then using a tool for just removing the outer sleve left, broke the casting on the head.

Drilled another one, but due to still being in the engine bay, i wasnt 100% striaght, now its dangerously close to the wate jacket to heli coil.

The last one was going good, drilled out, removed the outer sleve left, but then managed to break a tap, which must of been damaged previously cos Snap on taps dont break like clay. And if anyone has tried drilling out a tap..they tougher than superman.

I could repair the head, but the cost would be too much and the result would be a weakend head anyway. So i thought to replace it.