PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama actually going to change anything..

Nick
05-11-08, 11:09 AM
First , I've not been online for a while.

Secondly, Obama - Everyone is getting on my ****ing nerves... constantly raving about how the world is going to instantly be a better place because he is now the most influencial person in the world. Don't get me wrong, he seems like a much better man for the job than there has been in a long time.

Now, I've not been watching too many films portaying corruption in the way governments work. but surely, he is still going to be leant on and pressured and influenced by quite frankly more influencial people than himself. He's just a frontman to a system.. Sure, he probably has the ability to do what-ever he likes, but when it comes to the crunch, is he actually going to ?

For example, Kirkbing Gun law in america. I'd be suprised if he actually manages to pull that off.

meritlover
05-11-08, 11:21 AM
i have heard nothing of his policies other than he's going to 'change America'

sounds very much like the UK president Gordon Browns 'Vision'

Andy_L
05-11-08, 11:27 AM
Kirbing gun law might happen, if it does I believe it will be a compromise and the inbred red necks in the south will still be able to shoot each other.

Jack
05-11-08, 01:46 PM
Presidents and Prime Ministers are just front men, there to go to international events and shake hands. Its the underlying ministers and government departments that do the work and tell the PM/President what to say or do.

Andy_L
05-11-08, 03:35 PM
Presidents and Prime Ministers are just front men, there to go to international events and shake hands. Its the underlying ministers and government departments that don't do the work and tell the PM/President what to say or do without any thought and then hide behind said Minister while getting paid over the odds, fantastic holidays and eventually get made Lords or whatever to keep their noses in the gravy trough.

edited for you

craig green
05-11-08, 03:53 PM
I'll doubt many would actually notice any changes tbh.

One things for sure, he doesnt seem hell-bent on flexing his military muscle & he talks out of his mouth when addressing the country.

Jack
05-11-08, 09:45 PM
edited for you
I can tell you now, civil servants most certainly do NOT get paid over the odds, quite the opposite!

Government ministers though, thats another story...

Mike
05-11-08, 09:55 PM
I can tell you now, civil servants most certainly do NOT get paid over the odds, quite the opposite!

Government ministers though, thats another story...

True, they get paid enough to have flash import car's aswell as a classic coupe' in the garage though lol lol

Jack
05-11-08, 09:59 PM
No import cars here :p

ade
05-11-08, 10:49 PM
he might change his underpants by himself

More than Bush could manage - feckin monkey