PDA

View Full Version : Glass reg etching, Power Steering, Brake Pipes

AlexW
04-11-08, 11:54 PM
Glass - Ive got a set of GSI glass that has had the reg etched into it, i guess there is no way to remove it, but i was wondering what would be best to hide it.

Brake Pipes - What would be the price to get new ones made up? inc the connectors etc.

Power Steering - Ive already got a rack, pump, pipes etc etc from a corsa. But i was wondering if i could run it off the engine like it is on the corsa, I know the favorate is the saxo/106/clio 12v pump but im not going for power on my novas.

Suspension - Im planning on getting some sheet steel and plating the bottom of the lower arms to stiffen them up, worth it?. Also thought about fitting a rear ARB and GSI tie bars, they worth it?

Thanks in advance. :thumb:

mowgli
04-11-08, 11:58 PM
glass, get an etching bloke to simply etch over them to remove the numbers

Sloth
04-11-08, 11:58 PM
the nova rally cars used pas iirc, but it was with a cav style pump i.e in the middle of the cam belt. check the haynes. iirc you have to cut the rack ends down on the corsa rack, but i,m not 100% on that.

brainsnova
05-11-08, 12:03 AM
brake pipes made up before copper went up was £20 at my local maker including all the connectors. maybe fine wet and dry might do the trick then t cut on the etching.

Pistol Pete
05-11-08, 10:06 AM
Brake pipe, you can get a tailor made set for Novas from Frosts i think.

Suspension, i have had my bottom arms plated, can only help reduce flex. Rear ARB, if you can get one, fit it.

craig green
05-11-08, 12:10 PM
The 12v Saxo pumps are common because they are the simplest solution tbh.
I doubt the Corsa mech pump will clear the lower chassis leg.

Fold up the old brake pipes & take them to a motor factors, they will match up the unions & make/flare the ends up. Leaving you to bend them when installing.

DaveyLC
05-11-08, 12:22 PM
For power steering its best to use the Corsa B EPAS column and a 2.7 turn rack.

loggyboy
05-11-08, 12:41 PM
the nova rally cars used pas iirc, but it was with a cav style pump i.e in the middle of the cam belt. check the haynes. iirc you have to cut the rack ends down on the corsa rack, but i,m not 100% on that.

When i fitted my corsa EPAS (rack only to achieve a quick rack) I found you can simply unbolt the corsa track arms from the end of the rack (behind the gaiter) and bolt on the Nova ones. Just need a large spanner (32 or 34mm IIRC)

Essex Kid
05-11-08, 01:53 PM
I didnt post this thread to ask what i need/should do to the corsa rack, i know about the EPAS but i run a standard mk2 dash so would mean a lot of work. I know about shorting the corsa track too. I will have to look more into the corsa PAS pump setup, but i think i will go for the Saxo pump due to that im already moving the batt and putting in a corsa servo so theres plently of space for it.

I think il get new lines made up then, rather then muck about with old rusty ones.

Thanks AW06 (Im at my bros)

loggyboy
05-11-08, 05:15 PM
IMO plating the arms on a road car is a bad idea. If you have a lil mishap and catch a kerb or similar, you want the arms to bend, not the chassis. Rear ARB is great mod, i added one to mine and noticed a reasonable improvement in rear end stabiulity.
GSI/stronger tie bars can only really be considered a bonus.