PDA

View Full Version : American Elections..

Tidy Max
04-11-08, 12:48 PM
So, who is voting for who then?

lol that was a joke, is anybody bothered who wins? Discuss folks!

Shaun_O'Donnell
04-11-08, 12:49 PM
Did anyone hear Radio 1 yesterday evening about this?

Tidy Max
04-11-08, 12:49 PM
yeah i did, was quite funny!! btw that was the quickest reply ever i think mate, if anyone has got radio 1 on now, and can hear the American folk chanting etc, should those people really be allowed to vote lol sounds more like a boxing match

hendrix
04-11-08, 12:51 PM
no what did it say?
Tbh I don't care, will be another set of incompetant pr!cks anyway :roll:

Shaun_O'Donnell
04-11-08, 12:52 PM
yeah i did, was quite funny!! btw that was the quickest reply ever i think mate

The last guy asked about who he was voting for was class.

Radio 1 : Are you allowed to vote?
Dumbass : Yes
Radio 1 : Why is that?
Dumbass : Because I'm 19

lol lol lol

Tidy Max
04-11-08, 12:55 PM
They were asking english people who they were voting for in the American elections lol, and ill second your comment hendrix, i think Obama seems to be fairly grounded, the other guy recons he should be voted in because he is a war veteran, i fail to see the logic, and he just fails in general i think, i expect Obama will get voted in for all the wrong reasons. I think America is like a business that started off small, suffered greatly for expanding far to quick but somehow didnt collapse and in turn has spawned a huge nation of vegetables instead of a small nation (300years growth) of educated and conscientious people

Dod
04-11-08, 01:04 PM
Barac O'Bama FTW!! Put the Clan Man's nose out of Joint.

hendrix
04-11-08, 01:14 PM
haha that mccain dude is odd, probably would drop down dead in office, he's like 75 or something isn't her.
Could imagine him as the super indendant chalmers type starting everything with 'back in nam' lol.
Obama does seem grounded but once he's in power it will go the same ways as all the rest of them.
It always seems to go, you vote them in, they're crap etc etc. I mean they are the nation who voted Bush in. hahaha eeeejits lol

Lee
04-11-08, 01:35 PM
a small nation (300years growth) of educated and conscientious people

A surprising comment from someone from the north lol

Anyway.

Osama will win it, and then between now and January when Bush's term is over, he will get shot.

Its almost certain :)

The Simps
04-11-08, 02:20 PM
no what did it say?
Tbh I don't care, will be another set of incompetant pr!cks anyway :roll:

That sadly is too many peoples opinion when it comes to politics and thats why the d!ck often wins.

Th fact is, the US President still sadly, has the largest influence over the world.

Obama represents change and support of the 90% of the US population. But McCain suports the 10% with the power & money and I sadly fee like posted by Lee - Obama will be shot or made to look incompitant in some way.

The Simps
04-11-08, 02:22 PM
On another note,

Having spent 3 wks in the US recently I was shocked & amazed how little americans know about whats going on in the rest of the world. Their media is almost not interested in world events (unless it affects oil prices) so they really havn't got a clue. Thats why the feel the US is the land of the free and the best thing since slice bread - they have nothing to compare it to!

Pistol Pete
04-11-08, 02:59 PM
I hope Obama wins. I'm not sure why, as someone else said, i would just really like to see the "clan" people have their noses put out of joint.

Wouldnt that be a week of firsts.... First black F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes ;) incase no-one had heard and Americas first black president!!

:)

hendrix
04-11-08, 03:00 PM
I dunno why but reading this has just made me want to listen to AC/DC Back in Black lol

hendrix
04-11-08, 03:01 PM
On another note,

Having spent 3 wks in the US recently I was shocked & amazed how little americans know about whats going on in the rest of the world. Their media is almost not interested in world events (unless it affects oil prices) so they really havn't got a clue. Thats why the feel the US is the land of the free and the best thing since slice bread - they have nothing to compare it to!
Agree with you 100% there, when I went to the States thats exactly like how it was. Thought everywhere in the UK was London lol

The Simps
04-11-08, 04:36 PM
Agree with you 100% there, when I went to the States thats exactly like how it was. Thought everywhere in the UK was London lol

There was a young american lass over here doing a term at our local uni and she hooked up with my mate big time. She was going to be staying over here at the end of her uni term and get a job working in London. When she told her mum she would like to stay in norwich and work here because it was such a nice place her folks told her if she did they would cut off her funding and have to pay her own way. London is the place to be.

Naturally, frightened of having to earn her own way she actually went back to the US and has done nowt since.

Philsutton
04-11-08, 04:47 PM
McCain is just another stupid double of bush and all he wants to do it blow stuff up.

America cant make the same mistake three times in a row can they???

Jim Mcrae
04-11-08, 04:55 PM
Obama to win. McClain is just a redneck and Sarah Palin is as mad as a box of frogs.

Andy
04-11-08, 05:00 PM
They are all full of sh1te just like our govt they promise good things and spin a yarn about how things will change for the better.Then when it hits the floor its always somebody elses fault

Tidy Max
04-11-08, 06:01 PM
I think the main problem is the people who really would stand up or make a change aren't the type of people to get into politics, the people who DO want to get into politics are usually from a similar background or all share a common motive

and...

A surprising comment from someone from the north lol

the only difference between northerners and southerners is their geographical position, so no need for comments like that...

...ya tree swingin southern monkey

Breeny
04-11-08, 07:11 PM
Let's face it... the USA is well and truly fooked whoever gets it!

Jack
04-11-08, 07:12 PM
Burgo for president!

Dar
04-11-08, 07:15 PM
Can we vote for Arnie?

Jack
04-11-08, 07:16 PM
LOL thing is, I bet if he did run for president, he'd get it!

Dar
04-11-08, 07:18 PM
Mr Raygun did :D
Yes I know it's Reagan

Spudly
04-11-08, 07:51 PM
Burgo for president!

Id vote lol

Or if not then Dod:thumb:

Would make for a kinda funked up country but it would be funny as hell lol

Sloth
04-11-08, 08:17 PM
i vote burgo

Tidy Max
04-11-08, 08:57 PM
i like the little disclaimer dar lol

Benn
04-11-08, 08:59 PM
What times the close then?

Tidy Max
04-11-08, 09:00 PM
duno but i think they find the results out tonight don't they? like 5am our time? unsure!

Jcb
04-11-08, 09:12 PM
Unfortunately USA run too much of the world, and being corrupt as ****, what they really need is someone to be honest for once and tell it stright. But that isn't going to happen, so America continues to run corrputed, and in turn, as does the rest of the civilised world...

China FTW...

Jack
04-11-08, 10:09 PM
Yes, because China is a shining beacon of independence and righteousness!

The Simps
05-11-08, 12:44 AM
Yes, because China is a shining beacon of independence and righteousness!

lmfao

McCain currently up 8-3.....

The Simps
05-11-08, 12:56 AM
16 - 3 to McCain

Ben
05-11-08, 01:04 AM
77-27 obama lmfao they were hustling captain birdseye!

The Simps
05-11-08, 01:17 AM
tis looking good!

103 - 34 Obama

Maybe they aren't so stupid after all!

Ben
05-11-08, 01:21 AM
Maybe they aren't so stupid after all!

Please dont say that! Your making yourself look american!

Jcb
05-11-08, 01:26 AM
China don't try and hide their desire to control everything. At least we know where we stand with them!

Ben
05-11-08, 01:28 AM
China don't try and hide their desire to control everything. At least we know where we stand with them!

normally out in the rain as the shop is too small for the amount of customers they get!

Jcb
05-11-08, 01:36 AM
Haha, in saying that, I can't turn over one white good, or anything made out of plastic in this house without it saying "Made in China"

Except maybe my phone, which was made in Korea (much better) but still uses all Chinese parts.

mowgli
05-11-08, 01:54 AM
Can we vote for Arnie?

he wasn't born in America, thus he can't run for president.

I'm not sure about the vice president role though

Jcb
05-11-08, 01:59 AM
Is anyone watching this on BBC news online?

Ben
05-11-08, 02:03 AM
Yes im sad as ****

Jcb
05-11-08, 02:19 AM
:) me too

Jcb
05-11-08, 02:26 AM
gotta love live TV, it's all falling apart!

The Simps
05-11-08, 08:53 AM
The right man won!

Are we gonna take a sweep stake on:-

- assassination
- framed to look corrupted
- is corrupted
- assassination
- dies of "natural causes" in his sleep

Jcb
05-11-08, 12:26 PM
there will be a civil war in america if he's assasinated.

turbojolt
05-11-08, 12:30 PM
there will be a civil war in america if he's assasinated.

that should make good t.v lol

turbojolt
05-11-08, 12:31 PM
think about it America is losing all its power to china and India if they vote in a black guy when china becomes the most powerful nation in the world and not America who will they blame

Ben
05-11-08, 12:34 PM
Donald trump?

Ben
05-11-08, 12:42 PM
Just from a personal view im hoping due to obama's tax the rich campaign all the wealthy yanks move there money out of america thus creating a stockmarket crash and the dollar being worthless.

Guess where im going on holiday in two weeks lmfao

Jcb
05-11-08, 01:17 PM
America deserves to suffer for being so retarded. I think it's just a matter of waiting for the older generation where the majority of racist lowlife to die out. Hopefully the next generation chooses not to be so blind and niave, realising that theres no place for discrimination, corruption and mainly RELIGION in a modern world. But I think it will take longer to persuade the world that religion is a whole load of bollocks and we would all be better off without it. Primarily that so many dickheads don't misinterpret the teachings as "kill the enemy"

I'll never get the picture out of my head, M1 Abrams tank crew intercom plugged into a CD player listening to death metal while shooting ****. The cannon needed to backfire and ignite the tanks magazine. Then they can hear thier own bodies hit the floor. Mindless pricks.

Jack
05-11-08, 01:52 PM
and mainly RELIGION in a modern world.
Religion has a place in a modern world, and some people may find that statement above quite offensive. In fact, most religious teachings are actually quite sane - have you ever read the Bible? The Qu'ran? The Guru Granth Sahib?

Its interpretation of those teachings that gives religion its bad name.

Jcb
05-11-08, 03:26 PM
I understand your point, and yes it's predominantly misinterpretation, but the logical choice to me would be to nip it in the bud, and take away the whole concept to begin with, therefore eliminating any chance of misinterpretation.

Many people find it offensive that America now has a black president, it doesn't make them a victim and it doesn't make them right. As people finding my opinion offensive, are not right or victims.

It's undeniable that religion has been a sole cause in wars fought for centuires.

EDIT: Upon re-reading, it seems your'e just reiterating the point I made in my orignal post. Your final statement "Its interpretation of those teachings that gives religion its bad name." Is basically a more polite way of saying what I did "Primarily that so many dickheads don't misinterpret the teachings as "kill the enemy" :D

Tidy Max
05-11-08, 10:14 PM
jcbs rants FTW lol

Jack
05-11-08, 10:34 PM
EDIT: Upon re-reading, it seems your'e just reiterating the point I made in my orignal post. Your final statement "Its interpretation of those teachings that gives religion its bad name." Is basically a more polite way of saying what I did "Primarily that so many dickheads don't misinterpret the teachings as "kill the enemy" :D
I can use my car as a weapon to kill someone. Should we ban all cars?

Ben
05-11-08, 10:36 PM
Ive got a weapon and im not afraid to use it lol

Dod
05-11-08, 10:37 PM
You all realise that O'Bama is going to ethniciall clense the whole of America off all the White folk? Seriously after years of Black Opression this is their chance for revenge. Seriously, watch this space and appoligies for the speling.

ade
05-11-08, 10:41 PM
I love how this thread turned from who'll win to deep meaningful politics to religion in less than 4 pages!

We really do have a diverse following!

Personally I think Obama will be excellent for America (and perhaps the world...). For one thing he sounds like hes not reading from a fecking autoque and has a brain in his head.

Even Bush's leaving speech to welcome in the new president sounded so rehersed it was embarassing.

Like someone mentioned earlier - the next true test of that country is how long it takes someone to try and take him down - either politically or by "harsher" means.

The old plotters and conspiracy theorists will be out in force just now...scheming away. And if he pulls troops out of Iraq there'll be a few defense contractors who'll be mighty unhappy...no more bombs needed...

Jcb
06-11-08, 01:28 AM

Not all cars, just Nova's. :tard:

I think comparing the misuse of cars to kill, to religion causing no end of wars and oppression is a bit far fetched.

Still, I see the point, perhaps your next argument is that religion has also saved and cared for many. That's also undeniably true. And the debate continues to go round and round as it has done since we saw the sun as a god and the twelve months as his diciples.

Niether way can be proved as right or wrong, i'm the first to admit that even though I class myself as belonging to secular humanism, I'm just game for a change and my opinion shows it. We've tried this method for too long now. If more states became atheist, I'm not saying wars would stop, but MAYBE the real reason would surface instead of a pack of lies. Namely 9/11 and the whole war on terror, which oh, America happened to train and fund. When it seems so plain and obvious that Bush was trying to secure more of the black stuff, as was clearly the case in the first Gulf.

But perhaps it's not a good idea to discus that, I'm good at controlling my argumentitive streak to a degree. But I do have a VERY strong anti-american sentiment. Lets hope Obama can change that! :thumb:

Tidy Max
06-11-08, 08:26 AM

no but terrorists don't kill people by hitting them with their religous books around the head lol, its what the car stands for which you would have to kill someone with? maybe choking them with the fumes?!

Jcb
06-11-08, 12:02 PM
Max your PM made me wet myelf a bit. lol