PDA

View Full Version : pvd

Fredd
08-11-02, 08:42 PM
Who's had dealings with pvd? Wot did ya think of their service? I think they are a bunch of tossers!

Dave_Hay
08-11-02, 11:55 PM
aint no1 gonna read all that micky.

pvd do suck but EVERY1 knows about them so why do people still buy stuff from them????????????????

spanishfly
09-11-02, 09:03 AM
i got a good story bout them!!!!
there just so helpful!!!
after i got c.p's comments to get a piper 285 cam, i rang pvd up, call went like this:
prick: pvd
me: hi i wanna order a piper 285 cam
prick: i'll just check..... beep beeep beeep
prick: sorry sir the cam u want is not listed for the 1.4 nova!!!
me: i think u'll find it is and it is to be used with twin 40's!
prick: nope its not
me: ok i'll ring piper for u! bye
so i rang piper he said yes no probs!! gave me name etc!!!
ring pvd 10 times cant get through! when they answer it went
prick: pvd
me: hi i just rang piper bout the cam heres his name call him to order it!
prick: alright can i have address
me: blah blah blah, how long will it take???
prick: no more than 2 weeks as it'll be machined!!!

ne way after various calls and bull shits bout 'suppliers' (who were piper, who i contacted on behalf of pvd a number of times who told me they had been sent to them, pvd didn't deliver my cam till a month l8r:(

very good service!!!

CP
09-11-02, 09:55 PM
When I heard of them - its in my local town, I went round to scope it out. Its tiny - like a little back street place. There's no way they carry much stock.

Nova1.6
11-11-02, 12:31 PM
I went to Cossvaux(who do work for PVD and use their stock, organsied on a monday to have my car lowered the following sat, with PI springs and PVD shocks, spring came quickly, but did the shocks, DID THEY FVCK! Took 2 weeks nearly be4 they came, right annoying waiting to have my car lowered, never use em i say!
Neil

?Marty?
11-11-02, 03:02 PM
Should have fitted them yourself Neil. it's very, very easy! Shame on you.

Nova1.6
11-11-02, 03:38 PM
i know but i havent a clue how, and plus it was ?230 fitted for it, not bad i thought. Plus if there's any fvck ups they'll be able to sort it.

?Marty?
11-11-02, 05:44 PM
Good thinking Batman.

I myself normally get others to do work on my car, depending on what it is, as even though something may be a piece of piss to do, it's always better having someone to blame in the event of failure (parts or whatever). i.e. legal redress.
Though it also depends on how much i get charged. If it's twenty quid (i get 'mates rates' just about anywhere i go now) then it's more convenient than having to wash my own hands afterwards. Even though i wear latex gloves. :lol:

Although i do free work on my mates cars (stuff that i pay to have done on mine :lol: )