PDA

View Full Version : Old school opel

kevo16v
04-11-08, 11:17 AM
Thought i'd post up a few pics of a mates car, as i thought it may ring some people's bells lol

Sorry for the shakey pics i was excited lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/kevo16v/02112008326.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/kevo16v/02112008325.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/kevo16v/02112008324-1.jpg

Its a 1979 Opel Kadett running a 2ltr 8v turbo isuzu engine, not 100% sure on the rest of the spec or what the engine came from. Will try to get a few more pics when i next see him.

hybridturbo
04-11-08, 11:33 AM
Nice could benefit from a decent set of wheels

Southie
04-11-08, 11:41 AM
Thanks a belter :)

Some time and effort gone into that. The colours remind me of the fina rally cars colours from the 80's iirc

hendrix
04-11-08, 12:37 PM
stunning :)
whats the lump from?

Dod
04-11-08, 01:06 PM
Izzsu Piazza no doubt.

Lovely car. Theres a whole host of them in the Gallery on www.totalopel.com (http://www.totalopel.com)

Seems everyone on there apart from me has 3 each!!

hc coupe
04-11-08, 01:10 PM
WOW i love it. I think the wheels look good.

craig green
04-11-08, 01:15 PM
Izzsu Piazza no doubt.

They were 1.5's IIRC.

Tell me the roof isnt rust/rat?

kevo16v
04-11-08, 01:27 PM
Its ok its paint, does looka bit like rust in the pics though lol

mayhem
04-11-08, 02:44 PM
kadett C city :) looks good. it just needs its front bumper and some engelmann mirrors ;)

Pistol Pete
04-11-08, 02:55 PM
Oh my... i'm liking that alot!!!

LEWI007
04-11-08, 04:14 PM
Really nice, i wish they still made cars like this and the nova etc...new ones suck :thumb:

Steve
04-11-08, 04:44 PM
Thats the guy I got my gsi tank from! That car is seriously cool, and even cleaner than in the pics. I remember him saying about the engine being out of an isuzu piazza but didnt even know what it was.. lol

dj_wudgey
04-11-08, 04:57 PM
thats mint that mate lovely motor wish it was mine lol !!!

Daz9124
04-11-08, 08:24 PM
Very Cool car that

Novasport
04-11-08, 08:29 PM
It will be an Isuzu Piazza turbo engine, even the rear axle swaps straight into a Chevette/Kadett. I think the Piazza shares the same floor pan.
The rear axles are quite sought after for big engine transplants on Chevettes afaik

Novasport
04-11-08, 08:32 PM
The engine...
http://www.users.bigpond.com/glennpp/4zct-1.jpg

The car...
http://www.woken.se/members/myhran/pic2.jpg

Novasport
04-11-08, 08:36 PM
Isuzu Piazza started as a "dream car", a motor show special. But Isuzu were so delighted by Giugiaro's plan for a coupé which would seat 4 adults, they put it into production, seeing introduction in its home market in early 1982, making its way into America later on that year as the Isuzu Impulse.
Great Britain first caught a proper glimpse of the Piazza at the 1985 Motor Show, the result of a fledgling Isuzu Great Britain promoting their "Ace". Based in Ashford, Kent, Isuzu GB's initial import quota was 300 units, with initial interest boding well for the car's, and the company's, future. However it was not to be - after 11 months of trading, November 1986 saw the arrival of the official receivers. At this point, 535 cars which had arrived at Sheerness Docks were seized by the liquidators, where they remained until 1987 when Alan Day purchased them for £3.475m, which equates to £7000 per car. Some cars sold through Alan Day's Mercedes dealership in Hampstead, while the rest found their way into market via selected Subaru dealers, resold at £9995.
All was however not lost. International Motors, UK concessionaires for Subaru, had spotted an opportunity and had sent staff to Japan to negotiate for franchise and liquidator stock, only to return to the UK and find that the deal with Alan Day had already been done. Undeterred, their role as the new official UK importer of Isuzu cars rose out of the collapse and International Motors worked to re-establish sales, with the re-engineered and subtly re-styled "Handling by Lotus" (HBL) Piazza. An agreement was struck whereby International Motors would honour any warranty claims from owners of "bankrupt stock" cars, with £50k worth of financial backing from Alan Day.
Sadly, Piazza sales were never what International Motors had envisaged. Heavily criticised by the motoring press in the early days for twitchy handling, cluttered controls and dated powertrain, even the vast improvements made by Lotus couldn't secure a safe future for the Piazza in Britain. With less than 40 cars registered in the last year (1990), International Motors had long by then switched their attention to the fast-growing and lucrative 4x4 market and their contender, the Isuzu Trooper

Daz9124
04-11-08, 09:45 PM
Isuzu Piazza started as a "dream car", a motor show special. But Isuzu were so delighted by Giugiaro's plan for a coupé which would seat 4 adults, they put it into production, seeing introduction in its home market in early 1982, making its way into America later on that year as the Isuzu Impulse.
Great Britain first caught a proper glimpse of the Piazza at the 1985 Motor Show, the result of a fledgling Isuzu Great Britain promoting their "Ace". Based in Ashford, Kent, Isuzu GB's initial import quota was 300 units, with initial interest boding well for the car's, and the company's, future. However it was not to be - after 11 months of trading, November 1986 saw the arrival of the official receivers. At this point, 535 cars which had arrived at Sheerness Docks were seized by the liquidators, where they remained until 1987 when Alan Day purchased them for £3.475m, which equates to £7000 per car. Some cars sold through Alan Day's Mercedes dealership in Hampstead, while the rest found their way into market via selected Subaru dealers, resold at £9995.
All was however not lost. International Motors, UK concessionaires for Subaru, had spotted an opportunity and had sent staff to Japan to negotiate for franchise and liquidator stock, only to return to the UK and find that the deal with Alan Day had already been done. Undeterred, their role as the new official UK importer of Isuzu cars rose out of the collapse and International Motors worked to re-establish sales, with the re-engineered and subtly re-styled "Handling by Lotus" (HBL) Piazza. An agreement was struck whereby International Motors would honour any warranty claims from owners of "bankrupt stock" cars, with £50k worth of financial backing from Alan Day.
Sadly, Piazza sales were never what International Motors had envisaged. Heavily criticised by the motoring press in the early days for twitchy handling, cluttered controls and dated powertrain, even the vast improvements made by Lotus couldn't secure a safe future for the Piazza in Britain. With less than 40 cars registered in the last year (1990), International Motors had long by then switched their attention to the fast-growing and lucrative 4x4 market and their contender, the Isuzu Trooper

Interesting post :thumb:

euro sbd
04-11-08, 10:01 PM
this car was for sale on ebay a few months ago i wonder if this is the guy that was selling it or the guy who bought it? awsome looking kadett

hagger
04-11-08, 11:34 PM
wow thats ace, id love to have a kadett some day

mowgli
04-11-08, 11:57 PM
now I am even more depressed. about 8 years ago, I found out a local car dealer was selling a piazza for about £800 with 12 months mot, but when I got there, it had just been sold.........

~~joycey~~
07-11-08, 12:06 PM
Nice could benefit from a decent set of wheels

The wheels are fine.

d0gzbollox
07-11-08, 03:44 PM
thats pretty cool

BRoadGhost
07-11-08, 06:28 PM
It ƒails because it's trying to emulate a Ford