PDA

View Full Version : More theiving shizzlebags

FUSION X16XE
04-11-08, 09:51 AM
Got woken up by my neighbor lastnite as he was running down the road chasing some little runts, went out to see what was going on and i didnt have a rear window anymore!!:eek:

Looks like they was trying to steal the car as the only other thing i could think would attract them is the amp/sub but thats bolted though the floor with 6 bolts lol so they would have been there for ages!! :wtf:

They had a get away car ready down the road so it wasn't an opportunist, they got in the car and drove of at speed, but when i went to look to see if they had droped a weapon or something, theres two petrol station gloves on the floor that have been worn! One with blood on it :cool::thumb: Jackpot!

Worst part is my alarm didnt even go off! Must get a better sensor for it, any recomendations?

So this leads me to ask how much is a rear window for a corsa b? would i be better going to the scrapers and getting a tailgate? (thinking fitting fee for the glass is going to be alot?)

This time of year is ideal for theiving scum to strike as its getting dark, make sure you lock your car and arm your alarm, also make sure it works by simply hitting your car (not hard lol) my sensor is in the unit and thats behind the dash so thats a long way away, ill be getting a microwave sensor now :thumb:

bmw156
04-11-08, 09:59 AM
bloody scum, they nicked you back window, i havent heard that befor lol.
you going to the pigs about it?
i would with blood evidence lol.
and yeh i would say a new t ail gate would be a lot cheaper, phone autoglass and get a quote might be cheaper then you thought???

FUSION X16XE
04-11-08, 10:02 AM
Yer the buggers, run off down the road with half a window!!! lol lol

Yer im just waiting for the bill now, i no they wont do anything but i think i know who it was so ill do a bit of private eye work lol

FUSION X16XE
04-11-08, 10:07 AM
phone autoglass and get a quote might be cheaper then you thought???

£468:eek::eek:

turbojolt
04-11-08, 10:09 AM
lmfao with blood in it jackpot the old bill wont run forensics on that not even a chance especially if they did not get anything

FUSION X16XE
04-11-08, 10:19 AM
And they wounder why we take it into our own hands.

Surely if the evidence is there and i press charges they have to investigate it to the best of there abilities?

Dod
04-11-08, 10:20 AM
Get a 2nd hand boot lid mate, no more than 20 or 30 quid from your scrappies. The Glass is bonded in a **** to remove.

bmw156
04-11-08, 10:20 AM
£468:eek::eek:

ok you can buy a nova for cheaper then that,

i would say scrappy for the rear tail gate lol

turbojolt
04-11-08, 10:22 AM
And they wounder why we take it into our own hands.

Surely if the evidence is there and i press charges they have to investigate it to the best of there abilities?

yes i agree they should but very rarely do i think there argument is funding as if we don't pay enough tax

Jack
04-11-08, 10:23 AM
Yep, complete tailgate would be cheaper.

What alarm do you have now? For a break in like that, I would say ultrasonics would probably be better than a microwave sensor...

Anyway, the knock sensor on the alarm should have noticed the hit?

NovaBoi92
04-11-08, 10:24 AM
my rear window came out fine, just get a knife or something and from the inside, pop out the seal. Then the window should just come out no problem. mine did.

loggyboy
04-11-08, 10:26 AM
You can get glass break sensors. i remember annoying my mate by tapping his glass with a coin and setting it off. Clifford used to do them, but im sure you can get a generinc one to wire into your existing alarm.

Tidy Max
04-11-08, 10:31 AM
You can get glass break sensors. i remember annoying my mate by tapping his glass with a..hammer and putting his windows through

lol

FUSION X16XE
04-11-08, 10:37 AM
Yep all sorted £25 :)

Jack, its a HORNET 745T (http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4936.html) and thats what i thought but it was armed and hadnt gone off, my alarm has the option to put this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIRECTED-ELECTRONICS-508D-DUAL-ZONE-RADAR-SENSOR_W0QQitemZ220271371277QQihZ012QQcategoryZ753 89QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l12 62) in, worth it?