PDA

View Full Version : any interest in an unfinished track slag ?

jimbob-mcgrew
04-11-08, 01:03 AM
due to money and other circumstances im prety much forced to sell the nova soon.
just want to see if theres any interest if i should sell it on here or to a friend.
its a j reg mk.2, 1.2 carb in faded flame red, prety much all standard engine wise (decent lump on 65k), standard suspension too, installed 2 litre brakes, astra gte alloys. its fairly hefty stripped out, metal cut out here and there, single seat, no heater matrix, dash is a lil ali plate with toggle switches etc, u get the idea.
only downside is.. its on its last month of tax, and mot's prob a month and a half. i dont think it'll need much for the mot tho, last 2 years its been thru without any probs bar some welding at the front end (under the radiator and somewhere else i forget) which the guy told me after he'd done the work (10 and a half months ago) the car should be good for atleast 2 years.
dont have anywhere to store the car aswel as zero money to finish it off.
it prety much needs an engine and suspension, and some work removing metal on the inside that i havent finished off.

if i do sell it, it'll most prob come with a pierburg 2e and 1.4 ignition setup (dizzy, coil & leads), its history documentation and optional corsa clocks.

C14se
04-11-08, 03:59 PM
any pics mate

Shaun_O'Donnell
04-11-08, 04:12 PM
any pics mate

Here's his project thread (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100863)

meritlover
04-11-08, 05:07 PM
iam very interested in your heater blower blanking plate.

jimbob-mcgrew
04-11-08, 05:54 PM
oh yes, its a classic, its held up surprising well, hasnt gone that much out of shape and not let a drop of water in, it will be replaced with ali sheet at some point tho.
i havent posted any updates for a long while, but ill try get a video covering everything.

jimbob-mcgrew
10-11-08, 01:36 AM
allright this is deffo got to go now, preferebly before the end of this month (november) so i can pass it on with tax and mot so it can be driven away instead of trailer hassles.

some internal metalwork that needs finishing off / tidying up

tidy'd up the dash wiring temporarily so its driveable, took it out for 20 miles or so. its crying out for decent suspension mainly. an sri/gsi or ideally a bucket seat would complement it even further, then if u wanted to go for more power an engine change to suit, a 1.4 16v i was thinking would be ideal for me probably, or if your a real speed freak, a redtop turbo, but involves welding / strengthening and a set of brass balls.

i will try get a video of the car during lunchtime and slap it up on youtube.
damn shame i dont have the storage or the money to finish it off as i was looking forward to taking it to the odd track day and givvin it a good 'ol thrashing lol. maybe next time, when im better off financially i can have another go.

~~joycey~~
10-11-08, 03:45 AM
Price?

jimbob-mcgrew
10-11-08, 01:59 PM
ah forgot that, im thinkin around the £250 mark

jimbob-mcgrew
15-11-08, 09:37 PM
didnt get a video, but have updated thread with some info

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1014956#post1014956

let me know if you want more pictures of inside or out.

AlexW
15-11-08, 09:53 PM
I would just like to add that i know how much jimbob wanted to get this finished, and its a shame to see him selling it, if i had the cash i would buy it.

Good luck mate :thumb:

jimbob-mcgrew
16-11-08, 04:54 AM
nice one m8, thanks.. yeh i reckon all it needs is the suspension setting up well, plus front and rear anti-roll bars, maybe strut braces too, but bearing in mind the adding of weight, and a bit of a power hike to push it along and it'l be a decent amature track warrior.

jimbob-mcgrew
16-11-08, 08:06 PM
this has got to go by the end of the month - £225

jimbob-mcgrew
18-11-08, 04:59 PM
hmm.. looks like its going to the scrap man at this rate, why aint u lot interested.

jimbob-mcgrew
30-11-08, 05:41 PM
last chance for song - tax has run out now. £175

Ricky G
30-11-08, 09:49 PM
jim, im local to you (princes risborough) and i have a nova that i race, but a spare would be good. if your willing to come down on the price i will take it off you. let me know whats the bottom price you will take and if it's right then i will have it tomorrow (monday) cheers

jimbob-mcgrew
30-11-08, 10:45 PM
the drivers window got smashed tonight while i was in a carpark in hurley, shocked they didnt steal the thing, cos its run on switches with no steering lock, my bag was on the passenger floorpan that they didnt touch.. ppftt weird ? i think the the former owner of the car (that lived in wycombe) has beef with some people as this isnt the first time its happened, first time the back window and passenger window were put out in wycombe.

£150's the lowest i can go, as if it doesnt sell id be more than glad to keep the wheels and 2 litre brakes and sell the lights and wings and anything thats left over plus scrap the shell.

its your call, im located in flackwell heath, prob bout 10 ish miles apart.

Ricky G
01-12-08, 06:58 PM
well i dont want to offend but my limit is 100 pound. its going to sit up in a barn as a spare shell so im not keen on spending too much. its also wrong side of xmas. thanks anyway and offer is still there if you want rid of it.

novanova636
01-12-08, 07:55 PM
what cam do you have on the car? i

jimbob-mcgrew
01-12-08, 11:54 PM
lol standard 1.2 engine nn636

jimbob-mcgrew
02-12-08, 12:00 AM
if you only want the shell rick, hows about you let me keep the wheels and the 2 litre brakes, and u can have it with steelies and no front brakes for 100. dunno how u were planning on picking it up as its out of tax now, and without front brakes would be a prob.

Ricky G
02-12-08, 06:02 PM
it would be easier to have the bits with it like the wheels and brakes. 110?? come on im trying here lol.

would it drive away?

jimbob-mcgrew
03-12-08, 12:45 AM
nah sorry £150 is as low as im prepared to go really, ive come down from £350 originally when the car was all standard as a daily driver, now stripped out with alloys, upgraded brakes and loads of electrical work, as much as i need the money, and believe me i need the money, i just see it as loosing out.

without the wheels and brakes ill do you a special deal of £80.
car drives fine.

madmack99
03-12-08, 01:57 PM
ill give you 200 if you can deliver to my house in havant as im only 18 and still taking lessons and this would be my first car....

let me know asap

chances are probarly slim but still

jimbob-mcgrew
03-12-08, 04:44 PM
mack -
i would have done if it was 3/4 days ago when it still had tax, dont wanna take the risk of a £1000 fine if i were to get stopped, would probably put me in jail as i dont have any money to pay it.

do you realise its not got any heating and f-all security ?
for a first car, id highly reccomend not buying it, its the opposite of what you should be looking for really.

rick -
its in the process of going down a stage, the alloys have been taken off, the rears replaced with steelies, and just on the drivers side so far, the brakes have been removed, im going to get in touch with a friend of mine that might possibly have his standard brakes still, see if he doesnt need them, then i can sell it in semi-standard form to ya for less if your still interested ?

the cars really gotta go this weekend tho, i cant store it here for any longer, so if nothing happens it'll get broken and scrapped by then.

madmack99
04-12-08, 11:32 AM
ok fairenough

jimbob-mcgrew
04-12-08, 04:10 PM
too late, its been gutted, shells going tommora - damn shame as its mint under the wings and bumper, just bit o rust under one of the headlights and small hole in battery tray, ah well.