PDA

View Full Version : Mag Feature Cars

Mike
03-11-08, 08:05 PM
Was discussing this with the lads at work today.....

If xxxx car magazine informed you they wanted to feature your car, would you:

Yes without a doubt.

OR

No thanks, I'd rather not.

For me personally, it would be a no without a doubt.

Discuss.....

R1CH
03-11-08, 08:08 PM
Most of the time folk send in pics of there cars to the mags in hope of a feature, wouldn't of thought they contact folk out of the blue very often (could be wrong).
Why would you not want your car featured ?

bmw156
03-11-08, 08:10 PM
i would jump at the chance
would be fab, kinda of pays of for all of your hard work
and that some other people like it,

Mike
03-11-08, 08:11 PM
Why would you not want your car featured ?

Dunno really, Ive never really seen the point. The last TV i dought was O'Donnell's feature, prior to that, erm, sometime back in 2004 maybe?

If a car is "good enough" to be featured, I'd prefer it to stay a "myth" so to speak lol would make for a lot more intersting banter as oppose to "that car in last months TV had that mod on" etc etc and the other thing is always ive worked bloody hard to get mine where it is now, so I wouldnt want others claiming all my ideas lol

Mike
03-11-08, 08:13 PM
kinda of pays of for all of your hard work

Hhhmmm, wouldnt for me im afraid. I build it to use lol not to show off lol

white2lSR
03-11-08, 08:15 PM
If i can get mine cleaned up enough once the RFXs are fitted ill be trying for a feature.

bmw156
03-11-08, 08:18 PM
i wouldnt mind featuring mine but i think its like standard still so its pointless, and yeh i use mine like all the time as well, i just show of while using it :Plol

Shaun_O'Donnell
03-11-08, 08:23 PM
wouldn't of thought they contact folk out of the blue very often (could be wrong).

I was contacted by the photographer for my feature through the scottishnovas forums. They also see and approach car owners at shows looking for features so don't wholely rely on feature submissions.

R1CH
03-11-08, 08:23 PM
Hhhmmm, wouldnt for me im afraid. I build it to use lol not to show off lol

A lot of cars featured are built to be used and are not just show cars, i know mine was built to be used !! getting a feature was just a bonus really ... if a mag wants to feature your car then why not, if folk want to copy your ideas then so be it.
You could kinda say the same thing about making a WIP thread ... whats the point ?? all your pics and ideas being posted on-line, what if someone copys you ??

vaughanmc
03-11-08, 08:24 PM
I'd jump at the chance to have mine Featured as well

Nothing more than a 1.2i Nova with some add-on's really :)

R1CH
03-11-08, 08:28 PM
I was contacted by the photographer for my feature through the scottishnovas forums. They also see and approach car owners at shows looking for features so don't wholely rely on feature submissions.

True, i got mine thru word of mouth. a mate had his featured and he showed the photographer pics of mine and it went from there really.
When i was getting mine done i was asked if i knew of any cars that he might be interested in featuring.

Jack
03-11-08, 09:13 PM
If a magazine contacted me to feature my nova, there would be something very very wrong lol

Stuart
03-11-08, 09:46 PM
do people like rat look VX's ?(and no I've not styled it deliberately that way... lol)

Dar
03-11-08, 09:53 PM
I would have my car featured without question. I don't think it's really feature worthy so it would be a massive complement.

The Simps
03-11-08, 09:54 PM
I'd love to get a feature. Was the one thing I would have loved to of got on my old red turbo. I wouldn't ever send in requesting a feature tho. Doesn't mean the same unless someone comes up to you offering a feature.

The TV photographer at a MIG RR day had asked if had been featured and asked if I'd mind if he'd pass on my details but never heard nowt.

The Simps
03-11-08, 09:55 PM
I would have my car featured without question. I don't think it's really feature worthy so it would be a massive complement.

like when the missus tells you that your such a considerate lover but you know in your own mind you only did it to get double back!

ANDYRACER
04-11-08, 12:59 AM
I dont do paint, i do power so it would never happen anyway. lol

burgo
04-11-08, 02:37 AM
all depends which mag it was

Dod
04-11-08, 09:45 AM
I'd quite happily decline. Ok most people would like it but you're always gonna have the haters running it down and saying its crap.

craig green
04-11-08, 02:57 PM
I would consider seeing my car(s)/creation on the pages of a mag I respect as being a great way to remember what you had built. Something to keep etc.

I dont do it for anyone else but all the nice comments would help make it worthwhile. I used to want mine featured when it was a turbo, but now its a bit ragged round the edges & not special enough IMO.

Riggy
04-11-08, 03:03 PM
yeah i would as craig said really if my car was featured id be well proud and would have the mag so you could remember what you had done and see how things change lol

EUROTURBO
04-11-08, 04:09 PM
Im hoping to get mine featured and as above its like the icing on a cake for all the hard work, man hours and money spent on it to look back and say this is what i had when i was younger when you look back at old photos...

Lynsey
04-11-08, 04:21 PM

You're kidding right? Your Nova is definately in my top 3 :thumb:

Jim
04-11-08, 05:21 PM
I'd quite happily decline. Ok most people would like it but you're always gonna have the haters running it down and saying its crap.
You'll have that regardless of whether it's been in a mag or not though. A modified car will always split peoples opinions.

I had mine featured a few years ago now. I'd got the car to a standard that I was happy with, contacted Total Vauxhall to see if they were interested (I wouldn't have minded if they wern't) and before I knew it they were round to photograph the car. It's a nice keepsake and since the car is no longer in the same state, it's good to look back at the proffesional pics and the read-up to remind me of how the car was. It's also allowed me to see where I can improve things with the rebuild (if it ever gets finished) :tard:

Dar, I think your car would get a feature if you were to send some pics and spec sheet in.

Mike
04-11-08, 05:24 PM
^ ive still got the mag with your feature in somewhere Jim.

craig green
04-11-08, 05:25 PM
I was reading Jims feature (again) the other night.

Gold Corsa on the cover IIRC?

Dar, I think your car would get a feature if you were to send some pics and spec sheet in.

Damn right. Dar's car is a beast. Anyone should appreciate it isnt built to look at.

There was a beater of a Citroen AX in Perf' French Cars a few months ago. Looked like crap but had a supercharged VTS lump, awesome read esp considering the thing weighs a tad over 600kg & wastes EVO's on track.

Mike
04-11-08, 05:26 PM
Thats the one, July 05 issue number 47. Got it infront of me now.

BIGS
04-11-08, 05:30 PM

umm in away it has been featured along with lee and stick when you lot were at coombe and tv was

Jim
05-11-08, 06:00 PM
Thats the one, July 05 issue number 47. Got it infront of me now.
Was it over 3 years ago now? Where does the time go?...

Ernie
05-11-08, 06:35 PM
Mine made cover car so i think you already know what i think.
Cheers
Dougie..

krobinson
05-11-08, 06:52 PM
Loved having my old Nova Featured, my only regret is that it had a tempory **** looking engine fitted just to get me to the ring.

I'd never turn down a feature as long as i'm happy with the car.

wilson_sri
06-11-08, 08:30 PM
I would consider seeing my car(s)/creation on the pages of a mag I respect as being a great way to remember what you had built. Something to keep etc.

I dont do it for anyone else but all the nice comments would help make it worthwhile. I used to want mine featured when it was a turbo, but now its a bit ragged round the edges & not special enough IMO.
At least the engines made it lol

Think my avatar gives my answer.

Lynsey
06-11-08, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I have got some of pics on my phone from the day too. I think Dougie was cheering me up cos I was stuck in stinky work whilst he was having fun shooting your Nova for the feature. It worked, I like it very much. Nice setting too :thumb:

wilson_sri
06-11-08, 10:10 PM
Yeh was a good day, apart from my blowing a boost hose incident! lol
Only seen one of the photos so far, seen a couple off the camera. Guess il just have to wait till its published.