PDA

View Full Version : Nova SR

nova_geezer
08-11-02, 06:18 PM
Can anybody tell me the difference between the MK2 Nova 1.4 SR and the mk2 nova 1.4 SRi, apart from that one is injection and the other carb. What is physically different about the two cars chassis, and parts as i am going to get a mk2 1.4 SR and want to put a cav GSi 2.0 engine in it. would't it be easier to put it into a car already fuel injected.
and i heard the engine mounts are reinforced and stronger on the SRi. a bit like the GSi.

cheers
james

Ric 16v
08-11-02, 07:38 PM
most people put the 2.0 in a SRi/GTE/ and the GSi as all these have the proper fuel lines/tank/wiring etc it's allready there for you except for the strenghtened engine bay and mounts obviously :D :D :D :D

Chris LR
08-11-02, 08:29 PM
SRI has got better brakes, The SR's r shite. I think the main difference was injection, brakes and a bit of extra kit. sunroof, stereo etc

Will
09-11-02, 02:15 AM
SR and SRI same apperance, same interior (sunroof is factory option when new :P) sri had gsi brakes/suspension (wow) thats abt it rest is very similar :D

Dicko
09-11-02, 02:17 PM
sri is gsi spec with a 1.4 engine and different exterior paint job/vynal.

it has uprated roll/tie bars, brakes, master servo, thicker metal used in engine bay as on GTE/GSI. not sure the sr has iluminated sun visors?
There are many advantges to having the sri, only disadvantage is the wiring is a little more tricky as ud haveto cut parts off the engine loom to fit the 2L 16v unless u just tape it up a corner of the engine bay as i have done!

jim sri
09-11-02, 03:46 PM
yer my mk2 sr has the illuminated sun visors.

Chris LR
09-11-02, 11:45 PM
I don't know where I'd be without my trusty illumintaed sunvisor!

cassanova
11-11-02, 07:41 PM
im the same with my illuminated mirrors on my SR, chix love em, good for me to so i dont haveta have the interior lite on when theyre doin their makeup :D

Ford