PDA

View Full Version : help need with rer disc conversion

turbo-boy
03-11-08, 06:01 PM
hello there im puttin dics brakes on the back of my nova.does anyone hav any pics or no wat way round the conversion plates go as im gettin a welding place to do the work before a get axle powder coated. cheers Gareth

Tidy Max
03-11-08, 06:24 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1002128#post1002128

dont know if that helps, im clueless but i was reading that before and noticed no one has replied to you yet, good luck mate

sealeyA1
03-11-08, 09:08 PM
erm i just done mine, mate them up to the holes on caliper setup while off the car, decide which way the callipers will face when on the car(towards the front or rear), you should be able to see how the plates will have to be mounted by doing this, finding it hard to explain but i think ya should get my drift. i had mine welded onto the original plate as to widen the beam 10 mil each side (wide arch kit fitted). but you should maybe have your original removed. hope this helps i will try and get a photo for ya buyt its alot of messing around at the mo as im half way through he build an may jot get chance.

turbo-boy
03-11-08, 11:32 PM
ok cheers mate i havnt got my rear brakes yet bit hard to sy wat wy round they go will be cutting of the bits on the axle before welding.got the plates of chris ashley

burgo
03-11-08, 11:33 PM
did they come with instructions?

turbo-boy
03-11-08, 11:39 PM
didnt get instruction with it

turbo-boy
04-11-08, 08:24 AM
any help would be good.burgo are they ment to come with instructions.just tht im not getting my rear brakes til next weekend.it seems when i hold the new bits up to my axle that they are to big and the holes are way of from the other thin bit of metal that is left once you cut the thick bit of.

craig green
04-11-08, 01:22 PM
The back plates/caliper holder will have the stub axle pattern on it. Match it up.

My disc beam.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/NovaGSi-WIP_pics/DAKOTA_DRAG030.jpg

Hope that helps.

turbo-boy
05-11-08, 08:56 AM
yes that helps ok so when im cutting the axle i just cut out everything and use the bit i get with my stub axle and the 10mm plates i got for it

Rich
05-11-08, 06:27 PM
The origional beam has plates welded to it (similar to plates you are fitting). You need the cut these off and then weld your new plates on in the same way. Needs modifying so that you can get on all the bolts

turbo-boy
05-11-08, 07:10 PM
yes that was the bit i wasnt sure about its like the 3mm metal behind where you cut the plate of i noticed that it ws blocking some of my bolts from going in

sealeyA1
05-11-08, 07:26 PM
yeah its hard to explain but if you marry the hubs to the plates you will get an idea of which way they should be welded to your axle, have you got the plates yet because mine were from chris astley but they were a different shape to the ones in the pic.

turbo-boy
06-11-08, 07:51 PM
mine are different from the pick i also got mine from chris ahsley they are narrow in width at the bottom