PDA

View Full Version : should i cage up my sr!!!

dj_wudgey
03-11-08, 01:27 PM
when i first bought my sr i wanted to put a cage in there but now i have had her while i dont really want to be welding away in there and butchering her up as i want concourse !!!! i went to cornwall to get trhe best sr i could with no sunroof as im not keen on them but the other reason for no sunroof was roll cage!!!!! now many of you will not agree but the standard interior will not be going back in as im buying some beter lighter buckets but i really dont think i should put a cage in any moore. im not going to thrash it on a track and i dont give her that much on road i barely use her on road now!!!! so i dont see the point

what do you think put on in for show or leave it???

there is the car in question
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/basmatty/SN150015.jpg

Pistol Pete
03-11-08, 01:29 PM
Dont bother. If you dont track it and its going to be a showy add on, no point IMO.

thedjse
03-11-08, 01:30 PM
Show Cage FTW imo if your putting buckets in then might aswell

dj_wudgey
03-11-08, 01:31 PM
Dont bother. If you dont track it and its going to be a showy add on, no point IMO.

yea true mate one is goin in my gte though but thats getting tracked thanks matey!!!

dj_wudgey
03-11-08, 01:32 PM
Show Cage FTW imo if your putting buckets in then might aswell

its got them in at the moment and it looks allright with out one so ill probrable not butcher her up lol

thanks for your comments all welcome:thumb:

Rich
03-11-08, 01:33 PM
I would cage it personally, i had bucket seats in my last nova and a cage is all i wanted to finish off the interior! Looks a bit bare otherwise, i would put seats back in which you obviously dont want to

A rear bolt in wont really butcher it up, easy enough to fill the holes if you ever wanted to take it out

dj_wudgey
03-11-08, 01:34 PM
but no ive made my mind up allready its not getting one too good to take a welder to her!!!!!!

dj_wudgey
03-11-08, 01:37 PM
I would cage it personally, i had bucket seats in my last nova and a cage is all i wanted to finish off the interior! Looks a bit bare otherwise, i would put seats back in which you obviously dont want to

A rear bolt in wont really butcher it up, easy enough to fill the holes if you ever wanted to take it out

yea she can look a little bare but ive got the rear carpeted out so it looks tidy like a cage would set it off though but i dont know. i just want concourse so the standard interior may go back in at some point.

id want a full cage if i was putting one in though door bars and the lot lol

thedjse
03-11-08, 01:40 PM
Ful cage when not going on the track would be over kill

If you've made up your mind then stick with it lol

white2lSR
03-11-08, 01:43 PM
What a pointless thread lol

dj_wudgey
03-11-08, 01:44 PM
Ful cage when not going on the track would be over kill

If you've made up your mind then stick with it lol

lol yea i think i will matey when i was 15 i wanted my first sr to have a mental cage in but i think its over kill ill save it for my gte ill track that.

thanks again matey

Breeny
03-11-08, 02:33 PM
Show cages are v gahey.

Cages should only be used if you're gonna take it on a track day or something, else it's a bit pointless!

Stoo
03-11-08, 02:36 PM
concourse is factory standard anyway
so a cage takes away from that fact

pointless thread

draper
03-11-08, 02:40 PM
no cage and keep the interior, especially if you have a GTE your going to be using for tracksdays and the like

dj_wudgey
03-11-08, 02:52 PM
no cage and keep the interior, especially if you have a GTE your going to be using for tracksdays and the like

ohh the interior apart from drivers seat is mint its all in bags in the loft but as ive said the interior could possibly go back in any way

thanks again!!!

Stuart
03-11-08, 04:42 PM
Show cages are v gahey.

Cages should only be used if you're gonna take it on a track day or something, else it's a bit pointless!

Nissan Micra cage FTW :D lol

Jim
03-11-08, 04:51 PM
FYI, that's actually in a Nova now, lol. Well, bits of it are, lol.

Dave.
03-11-08, 05:08 PM
im thinking of putting a bolt in one in mine.. only because if the car rolls.. i want all the protection i can get lol

Graeme
03-11-08, 06:22 PM
Imo don't do it, the car is far too clean and original. At least you can put the original seats back in when you've had enough of the buckets. To remove the cage your going to have to start filling loads of bolt holes

wilson_sri
03-11-08, 06:29 PM
Cage it if you want. Its your car, no point in asking other people what you should do. Thats just like your trying to build the car to make other people happy and not yourself.

Im caging mine this winter and dont intend on ever tracking it.

dj_wudgey
03-11-08, 06:32 PM
Imo don't do it, the car is far too clean and original. At least you can put the original seats back in when you've had enough of the buckets. To remove the cage your going to have to start filling loads of bolt holes

im not going to mate ive thought about it and dont want to i was thinking against it before i did the thread really. just wanted to know what other people would think. on the other hand i like the look of cage there but a fully active roll cage in a car that barely gets driven is too much.

but yea when i got my first sr i wanted to put a let a cage and all sorts in it i just wanted it to look like a sr but then i realised there is no point i dont want it to get crashed or anything like that so whats the point id have a fast as f*ck car that doe's not get used!!!

so ill just do it to my gte and if i crash it ill laugh!!!!

dj_wudgey
03-11-08, 06:37 PM
Cage it if you want. Its your car, no point in asking other people what you should do. Thats just like your trying to build the car to make other people happy and not yourself.

Im caging mine this winter and dont intend on ever tracking it.

thats true but i just dont want to butcher a good shell up its barely if ever seen a welder so i dont really want to weld every where. i agree with what your saying but ill prob just make the sr as mint as i can and go track up my gte. then if it gets crashed as long as no one hurt i wouldent give a f*ck!!!

stevei
03-11-08, 07:56 PM
i had a silver SR and the reg was F44 GNK. nearly the same as yours.
hope you all feel better for knowing that. :wtf:

ste

Breeny
04-11-08, 07:16 PM

Fair one! lol