Just been on phone to them

Said my car originally was 1.2

Changed engine to 1.3 ages ago
currently insured as 1.3

And they wouldnt insure me !

Oh well

wisewood
08-11-02, 03:07 PM
i owuld phone back and ask to speakt o whoever is in charge...
see if you can reason with them a bit... has to be wortha try.

Chris LR
08-11-02, 03:07 PM
Is that their policy? Or just some snotty operator with somethin against you, novas, modding etc?

carltoncrazy
08-11-02, 03:31 PM
oooooook think u need 2 give em shit lad,
sum1 round here is 17,and had a 1.8 carlton,(he`s da 1 who showed me the light hence y i brought carlton)
he blow his engine up(17 no surpriz really)
i converted it to a 2.0 (straight swap) and liverpool just ask for 200 quid more.
so wdf they playing at?
ur 18 aint u slatter?
18yr old on 1.3
or
17 on 2.0
i wulda thought they shuldnt insure the carlton

Slatter
08-11-02, 04:03 PM

i was thinking
doh hes gone to underwriter bout 1.3

when he gets back
im gonna say 2ltr 16 valve

lol

senior underwriter the old boy said he spoke to :s

wisewood
08-11-02, 04:17 PM
NovaNutta facies himself as novaload insurance expert - he has a fetish about it apparently.... so ask him if he knows what they are playing at. :D

Will
08-11-02, 04:20 PM
lol, already spoken to slatter about it, seems weird that they want to crack down on engines swaps, i told slatter to email colin smith abt it cause hes one of there chief underwriters i believe. let us know how u get on slatter :)

Nutter

locky
08-11-02, 11:16 PM
When i took out insurance with them a few weeks back, i told them all my mods, bla bla bla....
neway, i asked how much it'd b to drop a larger engine into it, and the lady sed only an extra 30 quid a year!
Id ring em up again and c wot they say!
The lady i spoke to was dead helpful, even insured my gearnob!

Ian
09-11-02, 01:12 AM
i dont blame them cracking down on all those muppet drivers lol
i spoke to colin about it cos they are taking on people like ste and ged lol! he said they were watching the situation.

i cant see them making a profit insuring these sorts of drivers.

oh and dont bother emailing colin, hes not going to make an exception for one person.

Will
09-11-02, 01:53 AM
i did not say he was going to make an exception for anybody ian, just wanted to know if LV's policy on engine swaps had changed which it obviously has, clamping down appears to be harsh for the non geds/stes of this world.

I know slatter well and with 2 yrs ncb this proves he is a good driver. 1.2 - 1.3 is nothing, just be good to know wot LV is gona do in the future etc.

Nutter

TUBZGSXR
09-11-02, 09:28 AM
sounds kinda weird but as far as i hear this company seems to usually like insuring faster cars, ie 20litre nova, turbos , etc.... a 1.3 into a 1.2 isnt gona make them alot of money realy, but i could be completely wrong! but hey, thought id have a go :P
tubs

Slatter
09-11-02, 11:25 AM
Thats what i phoned for, to get quote for 2ltr

But they said no to 1.3 so i didnt even bother asking bout valver :o

Breeny
09-11-02, 01:02 PM
Ive heard they dont insure under 21's on group 11 or higher anymore, dunno if thats true?

Dicko
09-11-02, 02:59 PM
well im pretty sure there policy has said nobody under the age of 21 and must of been driving for 3 years to even be insued with them!!!!

not heard about the group 11 thing though!! unless u mean the car starts off as being group 11, so if u wanted to put a 2l turbo into an astra gsi they wouldnt let u as its grp 14 to beginhg with?

Ste_Nova
10-11-02, 12:08 PM
cos they are taking on people like ste and ged lol! he said they were watching the situation.

i cant see them making a profit insuring these sorts of drivers.

i'll have u know i have 7yrs protected ncd... and 0 points

dan16v
10-11-02, 01:41 PM
they arnt cracking down at all there just selective of who they insure! im with them im 19yrs old with a 16v and they will insure me no probs, but then i gave the number to a list of m8s as follows;
1 with a 1800 16v golf
1 with a 1300 polo
neither of them could get a quote as L V said they cannot insure them but wouldnt give a reason! they are almost a year older than me to with no points where as i have 3 and we all live in the same post code area! explain that one Ian y would they refuse them? :roll:

simon@novaheaven
10-11-02, 05:59 PM
im 21 in jan, whats the chance of getting a really good quote on a 1300sr thats got a corsa gsi engine dropped in then!!

I paid 504 fully comp last time with my mods last time with them?

Anyone any ideas??

Fester
10-11-02, 06:39 PM
21years old group 11 original car thing is correct