PDA

View Full Version : Side repeaters

NovaGuy1400SRi
02-11-08, 05:17 PM
Problem Now Solved, See down the page for solution!

Got a problem with my side repeaters on the nova, it's the only thing left to sort before it can go for an mot!

They are connected up to their proper wires, and earthed, but they dont work, tried one of my sidelight bulbs in one of the side repeaters to see if it could be that, but no, could it be a problem with the hazard switch? or should i just run new wires for them?

John.

Graeme
02-11-08, 05:28 PM
If you take the carrier for the under dash tray on the relevant side there is an enclosed spade connector which is the live feed for the side repeater, I'd try a test lamp on there first before running a new cable

NovaGuy1400SRi
02-11-08, 05:47 PM
Yeah it's them spade connectors i've got the side repeaters plugged into, didn't have my multimeter with me today when i was at the car or i would have checked to see if there was any power there.

NovaGuy1400SRi
03-11-08, 12:49 PM
no more ideas? lol

NovaGuy1400SRi
06-11-08, 01:26 PM
Someone must have an idea lol

Damo
06-11-08, 08:15 PM
there will be some rust on the connection inside the bulb holder where the bulb connects i had the same problem so i put a peice of sand paper on to the end of a screwdriver an cleaned it. hope this helps.

damen.

NovaGuy1400SRi
07-11-08, 01:50 PM
Contacts are clean, checked that when i had the bulbs out to check them :thumb: Thanks anyway :)

NovaGuy1400SRi
12-11-08, 05:59 PM
Problem now solved!

Drivers one, i checked the continuity of the wires with a multimeter, all seemed fine, i then put a different bulb in, a different bolt for the earth too as the one i had in it didnt look too clever, still nothing, so took the bulb out, put the multimeter probes where the bulb goes, got a good reading, so got a screwdriver and scraped the contacts a bit and bent them in, that sorted that one.

Passenger side, a bit more troube, took the bulb out and put the probes to check if i was getting anything with the indicators flashing, get a slight bit of power change as the other indicators were flashing, but not a high enough reading i thought, so got the screwdriver and scraped the contacts and bent them in a bit, still nothing when i put a bulb in, so i then checked the continuity of the wire... found the problem, i had known when i put that side repeater in that the wires had been joined & taped over at a few bits, what i didnt know, was that the wires had just been twisted together, so i got some more wire and heatshrink crimps & that sorted the problem!

Also to save me having to take the wing off to get the wires back in, i tied a bit string through the loop of the earth cable so that i could just pull the wires back in that way too!