02-11-08, 11:08 AM
does this lower your mpg ?

im thinking in the nova once iv done the engine lol

CoolTiger
02-11-08, 11:12 AM
i dont think it does, its just cheaper fuel

Jack
02-11-08, 11:51 AM
LPG has lower MPG than petrol, but is cheaper so works out as more miles-per-£.

Jonlem
02-11-08, 11:52 AM
Yes you wiill lose on average 2-4 mpg, obviously the fuel costs are halved though.

What engine is in the nova ? Get yourself a cheap single point injection kit for it, you wont be dissapointed.

I've worked with LPG for over 4 years now and always had cars on LPG, only recently since I got the Audi I have felt the pain of putting petrol back in a car, this will be sorted by Christmas though.

If you have any queries just drop me a PM

Jack
02-11-08, 11:55 AM
Baxter has a V6 lol

When is the duty freeze due for review? Isn't it next year?

Jonlem
02-11-08, 11:59 AM
Yes I believe it is next year.

Is it a Vauxhall V6 ? shouldn't he be locked up for owning one of those ?

It "should" go on a multi point system really then but if you can live with a few issues then just go single point, it all depends on how much you want to spend, what the car owes you and what you do with it.

Multi point systems will give better response and mpg but the crappy single point system I had on my cav for 3 years was perfect

FUSION X16XE
02-11-08, 12:20 PM
Is performance affected? If i was to get in a car with a lpg conversion would i know straight away?

How much is a multi point 'kit'?

Jack
02-11-08, 12:26 PM
I know a few people have done them on Celicas (not heard of a turbo engine conversion yet though, which is odd really), and rave about them. They reckon performance difference isn't really noticeable.

I've seen them sell as a fully installed job for anywhere between £1500-2000, but that was a while ago and on big engines.

If you do a lot of miles, I'd say its worth giving it a shot, but would be more economical to buy a car thats already been converted.

pikey1986
02-11-08, 12:44 PM
i know of a subaru impreza sti which has been converted performance wise their aint much difference

Adam
02-11-08, 12:48 PM
It will soon be a pointless conversion IMO
Once more and more people start converting and using it, the government will realise there is money to be made in taxes. So just bump the tax up to the same level as petrol.
But atm yeah its a good thing to have.... for now

Jack
02-11-08, 01:16 PM
i know of a subaru impreza sti which has been converted performance wise their aint much difference
LPG works well on turbocharged cars due to high octane.

Jonlem
02-11-08, 01:21 PM
The government are well aware of the savings people are making, how much do you think the forecourts are making on LPG over Petrol ? LOTS infact way more than they do from selling petrol. I doubt the government will start taxing it personally, the london congestion charge plays a big part in LPG sales at the moment which is something worth considering, we have contracts with Ford, Citroen and Peugeot for converting their new vehicles to LPG for congestion charge purposes.

Performance wise you will see no losses if you use a good system, tbh I'd say my cav went better on LPG than it did on petrol.

We have converted several vehicles with over 500hp without any issues and one 700hp Hummer which did need to switch back to petrol at high rpm as the LPG injectors were 100% dc on full tilt

Ben
02-11-08, 01:52 PM
700BHP Hummer, Fcuk the fuel consumption lmao

joff-turbo-nova
03-11-08, 05:02 PM
I've ran LPG on my vectra for the last 4.5 years without any major problems. The main problems came from the crappy ecotec engine which was pulled out and replaced with an XE over a year ago.

The XE seems to run smoother on the LPG than petrol to be honest and I don't really notice any difference between petrol and LPG on the performance front - mind the Vectra estate is a big barge and isn't that swift when compared with the Nova !!!

Joff

aaronc190
03-11-08, 07:56 PM
in winter in very cold weather the car will go slower..in hot weather in will be same as petrol if not faster