PDA

View Full Version : dash help

browndk04
02-11-08, 03:19 AM
Just bought myself a nova the other day and can't say i'm loving the interior lol old style dash and bucket seats... no good! Already got myself a sr dash and hopefully some recaros or something to replace the omp buckets. Just wanting to know if it's a straight forward swap from the old style dash to the sr/gsi dash? Also it's got the 1.6 8v engine from an astra fitted and the clocks are not calibrated right. The speedo is way off! What would be the best clocks for me. Digi? Cheers. :D

Asa-James
02-11-08, 07:57 AM
your speedo can be recalibrated(sort of) just take the front off so you can get to the front of the clocks and remove the speeedo needle (pulls off but dont bend the pin or snap the needle). get a sat nav and a friend and travel down a road at a constant speed (i used by-pass and 70mph as its at the top of the clocks) and get your friend to put the needle on at the correct speed. check with other speeds to see how far out you are, i found it was fairly reliable at all speeds. hope this helps

browndk04
02-11-08, 10:54 PM
Nice one mate! Thats a good tip. Picked up the dash tonight and he gave me the full wiring loom. Will the original loom be alright to use or will i have to change it all over? :confused:

AlexW
02-11-08, 11:19 PM
You dont say what the car is, Mk1 or Mk2? What dash are you changing to?

bmw156
02-11-08, 11:54 PM
if your doing a mk1 to mk2 then i found all wires to be straight swap, if its a saloon then i think its different, not sure about the engine you said you have fitted, the above info was for a 1.2 standard

browndk04
03-11-08, 12:35 AM
I'm not to clued up on novas but i think the engine is the 1.6 8v engine from an astra c16sv running a webber 45 (thats what i've been told) And it's a mk2 dash going into a mk1 nova.

Unfortunately can't put any pictures up just yet but i bought it from here. "clean nova" on the second for sale page. :D

AlexW
03-11-08, 10:49 AM
Ok, You can use the mk1 loom but you may need to change a few wires, but to be honest get somone who knows how to wire things up, get them to show you. depending on how the engine is wired it it may be easyer to use the mk2 loom. but it depends.