PDA

View Full Version : Bloomin typical!

ade
01-11-08, 05:48 PM
It's been fairly nice over the last couple of days so I decided to clean my car today and give it a good injection of waxoyl.

Really pleased with results - got all inner panels done (behind rear 1/4 panels, boot edges, inside doors) as well as key areas on engine bay (behind lights, round battery area/drain holes, behind lights). I even gave it a shot around the rear arches.

However after successfully reassembling the car I was sticking the window winders back on and you have to kind of half fit the C clips in place before giving them a shuggle and tap and it should clip back in place. One was fine. The other decided to launch itself into outerspace! :mad:

So I'm minus one C clip!

Anyone know if these are still available at Vauxhall or does anyone have one handy I could purchase

:roll:

Ade

krobinson
01-11-08, 05:56 PM
Happens to the best of us, i'd say someone will have a spare.

Steve
01-11-08, 06:01 PM
Im 99% sure ive got one.

ade
01-11-08, 06:06 PM
If you have steve pm me! I'll buy you a beer at one of the shows!

Steve
01-11-08, 06:10 PM
Is it just the 1 you need? if so pm me your address and i'll pop it in the post for you.

burgo
01-11-08, 06:20 PM
if you cant find one steve i know ive got some

Spudly
01-11-08, 06:28 PM
I find the easiest way to refit them is to slide them onto the winder so theyre just wanting to slide back off (or a little bit further so they stay put) hold your thumb over the end and click it into place when youve slid it on!

Heres one ive just dug out for ya if you wanna pm your addy and ill send it your way tomorrow ade!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/Random%20stuff/DSC02295.jpg

ade
01-11-08, 06:55 PM
cheers guys!

Spudly - pm sent as you took the time to post a pic! Beer/burger waiting for you at PV09/png meet

Steve/Burgo - many thanks - I'll buy you a beer anyway for your kindness!

Iain
01-11-08, 06:58 PM
I could get you one too. Beer please. :)

Spudly
01-11-08, 07:04 PM
Nice try iain but too slow lol

Will post it tomorrow to you ade, glad i could help out:thumb:

Matt
01-11-08, 07:08 PM
The one you lost will probably turn up when you've got a replacement.

That's typical! lol

Spudly
01-11-08, 07:12 PM
Lol thats just the law of sod but having said that yes it probably will haha!

NovaGuy1400SRi
01-11-08, 07:45 PM
I usually just clip them right on the winders, then give it a hit on with my hand, always worked so far lol

Think i have a few sitting but would have to find them, looks like you're sorted now anyway :thumb:

Ernie
01-11-08, 08:07 PM
Hi Ade
You can get them on by fitting them fully on then putting the winder were you want it to sit then it will just push on and the clip wont budge.
Just a tip for you as always worked for me.

ade
01-11-08, 08:07 PM
The one you lost will probably turn up when you've got a replacement.

That's typical! lol

bet it jams my lawnmower when I cut the grass next year!

lol

General Baxter
01-11-08, 08:23 PM
or comes flying out the side and jams in you leg lol

NovaGuy1400SRi
01-11-08, 08:56 PM
Hi Ade
You can get them on by fitting them fully on then putting the winder were you want it to sit then it will just push on and the clip wont budge.
Just a tip for you as always worked for me.

Look above your post Chris :p