PDA

View Full Version : My Astra seats :(

AlexW
31-10-08, 03:31 PM
So ive had these seats in my nova for a while now but this problem has started to annoy me more and more.

They came with the subframes seprate and im wondering if the seats should be the other way around.

The drives side back is slightly twisted but enough to be annoying. The passenger seat seems fine. Also 4th is rubbing agaist the bolster and i cant fit my 5speed untill i sort the problem.

Here is a pic to explain. Time to buy another seat?
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh30/AW_06/HPIM1045.jpg

Any help?

Spudly
31-10-08, 03:38 PM
I cant see the pic but ill guess, if you look at the recline mech on the base, there is a lug each side that the seat back rests on and locks onto to stop unwanted tilting.
There lugs are prone to snapping so you might find thats happened?
Purely a guess as i cant see the pic at work so dont shout at me if im waay out lol
Btw what do you host pictures on cos i can see/use photobucket no problem at work!

Dod
31-10-08, 03:40 PM
Ok, first off, are they Nova Subframes?

Second they're twisted as in not sitting correctly?

Breeny
31-10-08, 03:44 PM
You REALLY need to clean your car... lol

What did the seats come out of ?

Dod
31-10-08, 03:52 PM
Astra GTE from the looks of them.

Pistol Pete
31-10-08, 03:58 PM
They are either Astra frames which is causing your problems or they are twisted, as said above.

AlexW
31-10-08, 04:08 PM
Sorry, Astra GTE seats, with nova subframes. base Seems to be twisted... but the back of the seat is deffo twisted.

Spud- I use photobucket?

Pistol Pete
31-10-08, 04:14 PM
If the seat is twisted, that may well be your problem. Change the subframe?

Spud cant see images through PB at work, i think?!

Spudly
31-10-08, 04:47 PM
Spud cant see images through PB at work, i think?!

Thats the confusing thing though i can, it just seems to be selective??:tard: :tard:

Dod
01-11-08, 09:51 AM
Ok, Nova Subframes tend to be a nightmare to fit properly, I'd suggest removing them again and refitting them as one of the sides at the back of the sub frame has a few ways it can slot into place, only one correct way though. The front Bolt holes should line up prefectly and not sid at a funny angle or high at all.

I suspect this is where you're going wrong.

AlexW
01-11-08, 10:39 AM
im going to take the seat out today, but im on the look out for another as the back being twisted is the 2nd most annoying thing.

Rich
01-11-08, 11:47 AM
theres a bar going through the back of the seat where the recline adjuster knob is. Take it out and straighten the seat, then put it back in. Bad description i know. lol

When you say twisted, do you mean its not straight to the seat base?