PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Door Vs. Central Locking

thedjse
31-10-08, 09:46 AM
I put it in here as its a moving part so up to Admin if they wanna move it!

Right problem is guys i have fitted after market central locking with fob problem is:

The novas have a “SAFETY” feature built into them where it doesn’t lock without lifting the handle now how do I take this away is there a pin to take out or something?

Thanks in advance

AlexW
31-10-08, 09:49 AM
You dont need to lift the handle when the door is shut. there is no problem.

Dod
31-10-08, 09:56 AM
As above.

thedjse
31-10-08, 10:03 AM
It wont lock the drivers door on the fob with the door shut!

AlexW
31-10-08, 10:12 AM
dont make sence. so door closed, you have to lift the handle to lock it using the key?

So you cant lock that door from the inside using the pin?

Dod
31-10-08, 10:13 AM
Then it must not be set correctly.

Realisiticially, you sit in your car, close the door and lock it, you dont need to hold any handles up. Same if you're outside the car with the door closed. Basicially, the RCL kit is doing the job you'd do mechanicially. Double check the CL set up on the passenger side and compair it to the drivers side. It sounds like an installation mistake, easy repair.

bmw156
31-10-08, 10:17 AM
i have to hold the handle to lock mine on the outside, but when the door is closed i can lock it from inside ok, but if i lock it with handle down, and shut the door the pin pops back up.

Spudly
31-10-08, 10:43 AM
If you shut the door with it already locked and youre not holding the handle up then it will unlock again, but as said if his c/l aint working with the door closed then something is amiss!

thedjse
31-10-08, 10:44 AM
i have to hold the handle to lock mine on the outside, but when the door is closed i can lock it from inside ok, but if i lock it with handle down, and shut the door the pin pops back up.

Yep my point exactly

With the door shut if im inside i put the pin down it locks both doors

I get out of the car shut both doors press lock it ownt lock the drivers it will just lock the passengers!

Spudly
31-10-08, 10:46 AM
Have you wired an aftermarket remote locking system into the standard central locking system by any chance?

Ernie
31-10-08, 11:00 AM
you should saddle the new c/l motor to the original driver one then connect it to the door pin rod.(bit that shows the car is locked/unlocked.
Then the motor will be doing the same job as you pressing it down and pulling it back up.

thedjse
31-10-08, 11:09 AM
SRspudly its an aftermarket kit onto a mk1 didnt have central locking as standard the loom the pumps the unit and the fobs are all apart of the kit

Spudly
31-10-08, 11:15 AM
Have you tried swapping the motors around to see if the fault occurs with the other motor or on the same side, that way you will narrow it down to either wiring or motor faults:thumb:

Ernie
31-10-08, 11:21 AM
just leave somebody in the car to lock it from the inside.That way you have an alarm system aswell lol.

Spudly
31-10-08, 11:25 AM
Central locking = Sit in the center of the car and lock both doors at the same time.
Alarm = Someone with a baseball bat:thumb:

AlexW
31-10-08, 11:47 AM
To me it sounds like youve fitted a signal central locking switch/motor to the drivers side, which is designed for Central locking on the key.

Spudly
31-10-08, 11:48 AM
Thats what i was thinking tbh, hence the is it an OE locking system question!

thedjse
31-10-08, 06:49 PM
Its a wireless system SR mate i will try your way with the motor swap!!