PDA

View Full Version : Saxo style arch kit???

red_devil
07-11-02, 01:26 PM
I've got rusty rear arches due to the tw@ that had it before me tapping them up and not sealing them....

I'm thinking about modifying a Saxo wide arch kit to fit... has neone seen it done or has neone seen any roundish arch extensions that might suit my purpose...

I now i'll get alot of stick for putting saxo kit on a nova but what the hell... i've seen saxo's with nova spoilers so sod off...

mikeoxford
07-11-02, 02:46 PM
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=291

in the background there is a red nova and that seems to have round 5 door arches even - im unsure how its been done.

wisewood
07-11-02, 03:34 PM
I do believe the car in the background is a mk1 Fiesta...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - but I am sure that's what it is.

Ric 16v
07-11-02, 03:49 PM
that red car in the background is a nova, u can tell by the shape of the window and u can just see the red bit that usually has the black vynal on thats between the rear window and the front door !!!!

wisewood
07-11-02, 04:19 PM
I just noticed... the bloke in the background appears to be sitting on the back of the car - not possible on a hatch back nova... However...
Could it be a Saloon? Did the three door saloon have the rounded arches?
I can't remember.

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/291big3.jpg

Matt Finary
07-11-02, 05:01 PM
I'm pretty sure all the saloons came with round arches, I saw in TV that a bloke welded some 3dr hatch arches to his saloon. It was a blue saloon with a 2litre Turbo under the bonnet.

Matt :)

wisewood
07-11-02, 05:07 PM
I saw in TV that a bloke welded some 3dr hatch arches to his saloon.

Matt - I didn't know you subscribed to Transvestite modders monthly too.
:D

locky
07-11-02, 05:39 PM
Yes, 3 dr sallons have rounded arches, as do all 5drs (saloons, hattches),
Matt i saw the nova with the flaired rear arches, looked good, im thinking of doin that to mine, but more work involved as i want the doors funtioning!

?Marty?
08-11-02, 12:17 AM
To modify the arches you'll need to use proper steel ones, weld them in and blend it all into the rest of the bodywork. Fiberglass one's won't really work well, if at all.

Weld some Renault Five wings on, and fit the arch extensions.

Or for a WIDE arched look, forget the wide arch kits about, and weld/blend in some Frontera front and rear arches (cut 'n' shut'ed).

mikeoxford
08-11-02, 01:06 AM
well spotted 8)

didnt see the bloke sat on the boot when i thought i had spotted sommat difrent!!!! :|

Matt Finary
08-11-02, 04:16 PM
R5 GT turbo arch on a nova wing :o

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=124

Matt :D

wisewood
08-11-02, 04:33 PM
is that on the flying machine then matt?

looks good. never thought of that idea before.

Matt Finary
08-11-02, 04:53 PM
It was going to be but in one of my moments :twisted: , I came up with another idea(will not say what it is until it is finished). The arches take alot work to fit.

locky
08-11-02, 11:33 PM
Marty, iv thought of cut n shut frontera arches already lol!
Gr8 minds think alike!

?Marty?
09-11-02, 01:40 AM
I feel like i've been raped! Matt and Locky have been running around in my head! I'm not John Malcovich! Stop reading my mind! :lol:

Oh, and if Dave Hay's reading this, i could even BE Matt!? :lol: :wink:

Matt Finary
09-11-02, 03:46 PM
Cool Marty, no joke I said to my mate a couple of months ago wouldn't frontera arches look sweet on a Nova :o . We try to get some but then we found out the price :o and think about the work.

locky
10-11-02, 06:55 PM
They look a heck of alot wider!

?Marty?
10-11-02, 10:13 PM
It's really funny when people say something has been done to death and there's nothing else you can do! :lol:

That's impossible. There are no limits.