PDA

View Full Version : computer speaker help

Dave.
31-10-08, 01:14 AM
can someone PLEASE help me :(

ive bought some logitec surround sound speakers for my computer, they work fine, except for one starage thing..

after about 10pm every night, they seem to pick up a spanish chat/radio station?? :confused: i am half a mile away from a large transmitter, it also does this when the computer is off but they are on standby

any ideas? :confused::confused:

Jack
31-10-08, 07:54 AM
Put some tin foil round the cables lol

Alternatively, learn Spanish :D Actually, are you sure its Spanish, could be a welsh radio station. We can pick them up here and we're a good few miles from Wales.

NovaBoi92
31-10-08, 08:07 AM
hahahahaha i am lolin hard thats really funny, i hear spanish people! i dont see how your speakers could pick up the signals, because speakers dont have radio transmitters in or anything that could recieve a signal like that??

Jack
31-10-08, 08:15 AM
because speakers dont have radio transmitters in or anything that could recieve a signal like that??
Don't need a transmitter to receive. Clue is in the name lol

All you need to receive a signal is a wire or aerial. hence why some cheapo radios just have a length of wire to pick up a signal.

[edit] Are you sure its not EVP? Long-dead Spanish radio DJs trying to communcate from beyond the grave? It is Halloween... wait til midnight tonight and see if the zombified ghoulish cadaver of said dead DJs come lurching forth from the speaker lol

Tidy Max
31-10-08, 08:33 AM
lol lol lol lol lol lol thats hilarious lol

have you got the cables twisted? never heard of that before, and you don't need a transmitter to receive, just something that will pick up waves e.g. a coat hanger

i think you can buy interference shield? i expect from maplins!

Smurf-Xx
31-10-08, 09:53 AM
Its a sign from the dead........

NovaGuy1400SRi
31-10-08, 10:25 AM
My speakers do this at times too, they are also logitech. But when you turn the volume up, the voices disappear lol

Jack
31-10-08, 10:43 AM
Thats because ghosts don't like loud noises :thumb:

Spudly
31-10-08, 10:45 AM
Actually, are you sure its Spanish, could be a welsh radio station. We can pick them up here and we're a good few miles from Wales.

"I hear welsh people........."

Dave.
03-11-08, 01:12 AM
can anyone help me on this? its doing my F*&(^&G HEAD IN!!!!! :D

Smurf-Xx
03-11-08, 01:16 AM
Turn them off after 10pm.... I don't know what else you could do?!

Dave.
03-11-08, 01:24 AM
been reading through some logitec/it forums.. apparently the wires pick up the stray signals at night due to soemthing to do with the earths ionosphere.. whatever that is

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28745&highlight=logitech+radio+interference

going to get me some tinfoil tomorrow :D

Jack
03-11-08, 08:11 AM
Yes, ionosphere... do they not teach stuff like that in Science these days? Still, its a lame excuse lol

Turn them off after 10pm.... I don't know what else you could do?!
No no, thats far too obvious!

Oh and

Put some tin foil round the cables lol
I love being right... lol

and y wouldn't logitechs best speaker set under like 200 pounds not be shielded??
Under £200, i think that question has answered itself :D

Tidy Max
03-11-08, 08:33 AM
pwnd there ^^^ lol