PDA

View Full Version : Help with calipers

donnanova
30-10-08, 10:02 PM
Hi can anyone help me i have a nova gte and i am needing both front calipers but i can not get any. Would any other model fit straight on i am desperate

Pistol Pete
30-10-08, 10:16 PM
Have a look in the parts for sale section fella. Might be some in there. Whats up with your current calipers?

donnanova
30-10-08, 10:25 PM
Start of its Donna lol and my front pasenger side is locked on and i have been told that i need the other 2

mowgli
30-10-08, 10:38 PM
most decent motor factors will do exchange calipers.

a very cheap upgrade is to fit the mk3 astra calipers (236mm dia, vented), they are a straight swap in pairs & fit inside the wheels ok.
even better is the 256mm vectra/cavalier calipers & discs, but you may need to check on the wheel clearance.

Pistol Pete
30-10-08, 10:38 PM
Sorry.

Are you reasonably mechanically minded? Have ago at freeing them up before spending money on replacements?!

Stuart
31-10-08, 07:05 AM
have a look on www.needforspeed.co.uk at the EBC refurb caliper section. I only say look there as its easy and they list nearly all novas/corsas made so its a handy reference.

I do highly recomend changing to either the late Nova GSI calieprs or Corsa calipers that are the same 236*20mm flavour..

Dod
31-10-08, 09:27 AM
Recon Calipars should be no more than £50 each but arent these the pre ATE Calipars and tend to be troublesome?

You could use this oppertunity to replace your current brake set up with a 2.0 set up from an Astra/Cav/Calibra which will require you to use 14" wheels, but unfortunately, not the SR/GTE/GSi 3 Spokes.

£50 should get you a 2nd hand set up, although new discs and pads for the 2.0 are cheap as chips.

NOVATAKER
04-11-08, 10:51 AM
Hi Did you ever get the calipers sorted? I have a pair of Nova GSi calipers, with nearly new discs and pads which you can have for £15 :thumb: