PDA

View Full Version : D2 coilovers and spring rates

icko
30-10-08, 03:19 PM
Hi lads,

I can get a set of D2 coilovers for a good price, so i was wondering if anyone has had any experience or impressions with them?

Also they come with 5.3kg(296.8lbs) front springs and 3.4kg(190.4lbs) rear springs. Is that OK for track use. I intend on removing the front ARB. The tracks are mainly go-kart tracks with lots of tight corners and not much speed.

Any opinion/advise appreciated.

Cheers!

Pistol Pete
30-10-08, 03:22 PM
Assuming you have a Nova. What engine is fitted?

icko
30-10-08, 03:26 PM
X16XE not yet fitted (1.4 SPI now), but I hope will be some time during the winter. Also the car is stripped out with only one bucket seat in.

craig green
30-10-08, 03:44 PM
Springs may want upping on the rating, but its always good to start with something & tune it from there on to monitor the progress.

Unsure of D2 as a brand, but if they are well priced they are worth a go esp if the surface you drive on will be smooth. Its bumpy UK roads that give suspension a hard time.

icko
30-10-08, 04:01 PM
What rates would you recommend? I can probably get them with custom rates without extra cost.

craig green
30-10-08, 04:03 PM
Tbh much of that is preference. I'd start with 275lb fr.

ck
31-10-08, 05:36 PM
D2 are big in the Jap scene. not realy heard any bad things about them from people that i know which use them.

from reading about alot of track specific nova's most tend to run about double the rear spring poundage compared to the fronts. even seen as high as 850lb rear springs (std spring platform/shock)