PDA

View Full Version : wiring help. car won't spark

SR-Rally
29-10-08, 10:42 PM
i've recently put a c16xe into my bare shell, only things in it at mo are engine and loom basically.. the only things connected at the moment are engine loom connected everywhere needs to be on engine and then wired into my car loom, all the earths in engine bay connected and i've added one on gear box. in the car i've connected the black box and the fuel pump. and connected the earth at rear and the two at front behind where dash would be and infront of handbrake. it turns over but won't fire and def not sparking. is there anything else i need to connect or could test? any help would be appreciated.

Adam
29-10-08, 10:45 PM
Ecu light wired up?
Does it come on with the ign?

SR-Rally
29-10-08, 10:52 PM
yeah i'm pretty sure its wired up and no it doesn't come on at all. when turn ignition on only lights are fuel and hand brake if on??? confused

jimbob-mcgrew
31-10-08, 02:00 AM
whoah sounds crazy, u wired the ecu in right, it takes 2 power lines on an xe, might be the same on yours, a main one to the battery and a.. i think black wire from the nova gearbox ish area to another power line to or from the ecu, cant remember if its this wire a m8 of mine had a prob with when trying to fire his xe for first time, wouldnt spark or no fuel pump power untill it was connected, cant remember too well, check it out tho.

Dod
31-10-08, 09:31 AM
I've been having a real head ache with my baby XE wiring as well, but it seems like yours isnt wired up at all. Have you followed Adam's wiring Diagram? Have you got all the necessary Key Chip and transponder set up?

Dod
31-10-08, 09:34 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/sclurgess/Engineconversionwiring.jpg

Southie
31-10-08, 10:23 AM
If you have the C16xe you won't need the transponder. Only the X16xe needs this.

I had the same on mine and it ended up being the crank sensor.

SR-Rally
31-10-08, 05:29 PM
its all wired up following that diagram but haven't wired in transponder and same with chip etc as c16. the engine was running in the corsa days befor tho. the only over thing i haven't connected is the one on side of gearbox? will that make dif?

Adam
31-10-08, 05:38 PM
If you have no ecu light, and its definently wired up, then the ecu isn't getting power with the ignition.
So check the power feeds to it

NovaGuy1400SRi
01-11-08, 01:06 AM
the only over thing i haven't connected is the one on side of gearbox? will that make dif?

The earth one you mean? if so, yes that will make a difference.

SR-Rally
01-11-08, 04:36 PM
the earths wired up. its just a plug fiitingon gearbox. i'l check power to ecu tonight and let you no. why would the ecu not be getting power?