PDA

View Full Version : ASAP help please!!!

Tidy Max
29-10-08, 04:08 PM
Right the central lo0cking on my mums ford ka3 is messing up, she has just got home from work and the car is refusing to lock FULL STOP

turn the key, both doors lock, then unlock, if you sit inside the car and lock it manually the same thing happens

Any ideas? please help as her car will be unlocked untill fixed!

thanks

Shaun_O'Donnell
29-10-08, 04:16 PM
Try locking the passenger door from the inside, then lock the drivers door with the key - that is unless the passenger door also works the central locking.

1.6 8v turbo nova
29-10-08, 04:18 PM
aye my my sister and mums bf have same problem with there cars... if they lock passenger door first, the drivers door locks with the key. Guess what there both pugs 206/306 lol!

Jack
29-10-08, 04:28 PM
Disconnect central locking and lock doors manually for the time being.

Sounds like the relay has gone tits, assuming no alarms or other electrics have been done on the car recently? The CL on the novargh was doing the same thing when I wired the alarm up wrong.

NovaGuy1400SRi
29-10-08, 04:37 PM
Double checked both doors are properly shut? i'd say check the tailgate too but it doesn't work with central locking on the Ka.

Tidy Max
29-10-08, 05:32 PM
yes tailgate shut and no its not in the cl anyway

i will try locking passenger first but dont have much hope, if i were to DC the central locking, how would i go about it?

thanks very much lads, saving my mum some hassle cheers!

Tidy Max
29-10-08, 05:34 PM
note: shes just added that it happened once last year when it got v.cold, don't know if thats another clue to the problem or not!

Shaun_O'Donnell
29-10-08, 05:39 PM
Talking to a guy at work who's had a couple of fords and may be a common problem linked to cold weather and a weak battery.

Tidy Max
29-10-08, 05:46 PM
thanks v.much mate, your a very helpful one aren't you shaun lol!

ive taken the central locking fuse out, so at least the car is locked now, the battery explanation would make sense! might start the car up and see if i can lock it from the inside then, that would prove you right sir!

nice one though mate, saved the grief of calling out an auto electrician

Tidy Max
29-10-08, 05:52 PM
just put the fuse back and tried locking from the inside with the car running and still the same problem, so who knows!

the locks will have completely rusted off soon anyway, got some horrible pics of the rust on her car, the shells 500X worse than the novas!

Tidy Max
30-10-08, 02:16 PM
any further ideas on this so i can properly fix it? thanks

Spudly
30-10-08, 03:29 PM
If its as rotten as you say then one or more of the earths will have rotted away, check your door pin switches or does the interior light work as it should (on with doors open-off with em closed) if there is a fault there then thec/l will register the doors as being open and will unlock itself again!

Tidy Max
31-10-08, 01:00 PM
thanks spud! i will check that! earths cause big problems in cars don't they, im beginning to realise that! thanks mate, its much appreciated