PDA

View Full Version : no intermittent or cycle stop on front wipers

jimbob-mcgrew
29-10-08, 03:57 PM
prety much as above, any idea on the cause ? could i be missing a wire or maybe the relays had it

Jack
29-10-08, 04:29 PM
I'd say relay or possibly switch

jimbob-mcgrew
29-10-08, 05:05 PM
everything was good before i disconnected the rear wiper and chopped a coupla wires out for it, could that have effected anything ? one wire went to the relay and the other to the switch

edit : that needs re-phrasing, everything was good untill i tried wiring the cuircit to switches.. im guessing i put power down a line that i shouldnt have and killed the relay ?

Shaun_O'Donnell
29-10-08, 05:07 PM
everything was good before i disconnected the rear wiper and chopped a coupla wires out for it, could that have effected anything ? one wire went to the relay and the other to the switch

I would say yes if all was working fine beforehand.

jimbob-mcgrew
29-10-08, 05:36 PM
ill get back with the wiring situation.. tell u which exact wires ive chopped out

jimbob-mcgrew
29-10-08, 06:04 PM
ok, from what i can tell my wiring cuts are fine, just the rear wiper from the switch, thought i cut out the washer too, but that still works.
anyhow.. its the black and yellow wire that goes to the relay, when switch is on intermittent it gets power thru it to the relay, relay makes a click noise everytime the circuit gets engaged, try put an earth thru the same black and yellow wire while the circuits off and it makes the same click, sound like a relay fault ?

jimbob-mcgrew
29-10-08, 06:21 PM
cant tell which wire is single speed or intermittent tho as of yet.. cos they both do the exact same thing, blue and yellow they are, white is deffo double speed.

where can i get cheap relays from and how much ish are they ?

jimbob-mcgrew
30-10-08, 01:02 AM
relay:

ITALAMEC
made in italy
12v - 313
PA 66

yeh tis fooked, opened it up and found a break in one of the circuit lines on the board
if i had any solder i could prob fix it
used last of it t'other day ! bollox

jimbob-mcgrew
30-10-08, 01:39 AM
talkin to myself again lol

Riggy
30-10-08, 10:00 AM
go to the scrappers and get realy from a mk3 golf , will have 99 on it , some golfs have them , other have 19 which is no good

the intermittent wipe is programable , so you can set it to what ecer time delay you want lol

hendrix
30-10-08, 10:12 AM
and programme it how riggy? lol

AlexW
30-10-08, 11:01 AM
I have this on one of my novas. Turn on intermittent let it wipe once, turn it off, leave it off for the amount of delay you want, turn it back on and leave it on. Simple.

Taf - If you want i might be able to get you a golf one, im off up the scrappy soon.

Riggy
30-10-08, 11:02 AM
turn on wipers and then turn off again , wait for how ever long you want and then turn on again , they will then wipe at your set speed lol

great if its just no heavy enough for 1st speed lol but too much for intermitant

jimbob-mcgrew
30-10-08, 11:16 AM
bada-b00m

Spudly
30-10-08, 11:26 AM
Will that work on any vaux or just a nova mr riggy?

Riggy
30-10-08, 11:31 AM
all old ish vaux , wont fit on a mk4 astra as the relay has a pin less lol

jimbob-mcgrew
30-10-08, 11:35 AM
im out of solder, but i have a plan, im gonna gather some bits of wire together that have been soldered and try tease some solder from the wires to use on the circuit board and fix the relay.

Spudly
30-10-08, 11:38 AM
all old ish vaux , wont fit on a mk4 astra as the relay has a pin less lol

Mk3 cav then?

So the lil number on it needs to say 99 and it will be a programmable one then, btw how the funk did you find that out lol

jimbob-mcgrew
30-10-08, 06:59 PM
managed to scrounge enough solder off the ends of cut out wires to sort the relay, wipers are a-ok now, tempted to have another bash at wiring the switches again now

Rich
30-10-08, 10:00 PM
I really cant understand why you are going through so much trouble messing around with wires just because your choke cable is in the way of the washer stalk??? lol

jimbob-mcgrew
31-10-08, 02:47 AM
not hard really is, just gotta chop the stalk wires and crimp the ends to fit them to a toggle switch, i just fcuked up the order first time round cos i didnt investigate what wires did what and killed the relay sending power down an earth or something. i practically had it how i wanted it too, only took 20 mins ish. ill show you a pic of the setup when its done, youll understand why i need space when u see it.