PDA

View Full Version : OK DECISION MADE!!

TUBZGSXR
06-11-02, 02:21 PM
rite i think im gona go for the GSI option after all, i know there are lots about , but im more interested in performance than wild looks to be honnest, so yea thanx for ur imput... :)

P.S. one more thing, wot dya reakon, keep the blue strips on the bumpers to go with the blue SRI interior?? or get rid of them and go for an all black look with the speedlines either standard silver, or another colour, ie White??? opinions please..... thanx

ade
07-11-02, 12:55 AM
if yer cars blue you could keep blue strips on - they usually foolow the contours of the car matching the bump strips - but if these have been removes I'd take them off

Sayng that I've got black strips on my red gsi lookalike - mno side strips and it look ok. If you take them off its not difficult to replace them if u change yer mond - rollof tape from halfords ?3.99

Ade
:wink:

mowgli
07-11-02, 01:08 AM
Tubs, please explain, If you want a GSI, why do you want to chuck money at a set of 40's??????????????????????, why not just spend the dosh on a head & cam.
OK, with webers, every time you put your foot down, it sounds like someone pissing in a bucket, and you do use a lot of fuel, which is cool, but twin carbs are from the early seventies.

A decent fuel injection system is going to be better in the long run, the works rally boys used to get 160bhp on grp A Novas, and they were limited to the head mods that they could do, and had to use std manifolds.

TUBZGSXR
07-11-02, 08:15 AM
wot i meant was the GSI look, its an SRI engine, so as far as i know twin 40's would be a good move when set up right, how much would a decent head, and a cam cost just out of interest?