PDA

View Full Version : lowering

dex
06-11-02, 12:34 PM
Whats the cheapest way to slam my nova. Is it possible to bodge lowere the nova and what are the cheapest lowering springs around.

Matt Finary
06-11-02, 12:50 PM
It is possible to bodge it, cut the springs, but it will handle crap and will be dangerous.

G-max springs are ?70 for a 60mm drop.

Matt :)

ade
07-11-02, 12:52 AM
DO NOT COMPROMISE ON YOUR SUSPENSION!

not on ly is iot dangerous but you WILL have an absolute sh1te ride and your handling will be shocking! With winter coming up you DONT want that - trust me!

GMAX full kit is only ?200 new and there are plently of ads for second hand perfectly decent sets.

Go for springs and dampers (shocks) - both are made for each other, will give you an excellent ride and pretty easy to fit. I fitted 60mm to my nova along with 2 anti roll bars (front and rear) - with 15's its glued to the road and loks sweet!

Just adding springs will not be any good becuase your existing suspension dampers are too long and wyou will just add undue pressure to them - they will pack up very quickly - causing you to have appauling ride and needing a new set! Also your rear springs - unless secured will fall out! (MOT failure)

Save up or ask Santa for them for Christmas! Its worth it!

ade
:D

?Marty?
07-11-02, 01:40 AM
Your bird (if you have one) will end up with well droopy swingers. Don't do it.