PDA

View Full Version : f13 big block

rodgers
28-10-08, 07:07 PM
anyone know what you need to modify to make them fit or have any advise? i know a few of you will say dont do it itl just break but i want to try itlol

white2lSR
28-10-08, 07:14 PM
dont waste your time

rodgers
28-10-08, 07:22 PM
iv got time to waste

total_vauxhall
28-10-08, 08:32 PM
i have an f13 box on my redtop mate and its not a waste of time what so ever ill admit the car limits out at about 130 mph but 0-100 its lotsa fun and iv had the box on the car for 2 years now and aint had any problems with gears or clutch i do hav a spare box though just incase. right what u will need to do.

*get a standard big block flywheel ( off whatever engine ur using) then u will need a clutch off a 1600 nova (gsi) ect you need to get the fly wheel drilled and tapped for the bolt holes on the 1600 clutch to fit (i had my flywheel lightened at the same time and make sure you get some one who knows what there doing so its balanced corectly) now bolt the flywheel back onto the motor and fit your clutch and the box shud just slide on with ease . the only other mod i had to do was grind a bit of one of the lugs down an the engine block becose my gear selecter was catching it by about 5 mm. jobs a good en

rodgers
28-10-08, 08:49 PM
thanks mate, read up on mig web some lads seem to be pretty happy with there f13's aswell with no problems. thanks mate very helpfull