PDA

View Full Version : my nova failage

boyle_46
27-10-08, 05:41 PM
Heres a few pics of what my bright self done to my car on teusday night , no body damage just the wheel and the axle :mad: :mad: :mad: i know im in for a royla piss taking so let it commence .

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/boyle_46/DSC01198.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/boyle_46/DSC01199-1.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/boyle_46/DSC01203.jpg

Southie
27-10-08, 05:44 PM
What's wrong with that mate?

Just looks like negi camber lol

vaughanmc
27-10-08, 05:45 PM
New back beam and new wheel or set of wheels ;)

Sorted!

FUSION X16XE
27-10-08, 05:45 PM
Handbreak?

Jack
27-10-08, 05:51 PM
Its still on, what are you worried about lol

lee303
27-10-08, 05:51 PM
What's wrong with that mate?

Just looks like negi camber lol
or positive even...

Stoo
27-10-08, 05:53 PM
handbarke and kerb spring to mind!

Pistol Pete
27-10-08, 05:54 PM
In the first pic, the tyre looks as bald as Harry Hill!

One bent rear beam FTL!

boyle_46
27-10-08, 05:56 PM
no wasnt a handbrake turn , i was on my way home from my girlfriends house and was going too quick came too a tight corner and understeered and away it went slid into on comeing traffic and up a kerb , im just happy i didnt hit anyone else or flip the car .

Stoo
27-10-08, 05:58 PM
only yourself to blame then

FUSION X16XE
27-10-08, 06:02 PM
no wounder it under steered! Get some new tyres mate

Jack
27-10-08, 06:05 PM
Understeer did that? :wtf:

Looks more like oversteer to me - rear wheel being hit on the side, i.e. oversteer

FUSION X16XE
27-10-08, 06:08 PM
Understeer did that? :wtf:

Looks more like oversteer to me - rear wheel being hit on the side, i.e. oversteer

More than likely to have hit the front wheel if it was understeer, unless he tryed to correct it and the car found grip and that spun him around?

boyle_46
27-10-08, 06:12 PM
the car did spin around i ended up pointing in the opposite direction the front wheel was hit too but its just kerbed nothing worth posting about , yes stoo i have noone to blame but myself , as for descent tyres whats a descent low budgit tyre to fit the stock sr wheels ? .

twistysnovagte
27-10-08, 06:20 PM
same happened to novalad(tom)on here not so long back!im thinking new rear beam suspension and wheel.

Rich
27-10-08, 06:25 PM
u wanna make sure it hasnt bent the mounting point on the chassis. Had a corsa in the other day with same thing, probably not quite as bad and that had a bent chassis

Dec16v
27-10-08, 06:40 PM
That's what you get for tearing around with bald tyres.

I believe it's people like you who give Nova owners a bad name.

Spudly
27-10-08, 06:55 PM
Was gonna say that doesnt look like a handbrake as the wheel was rolling when it hit the kerb hence the gouging almost all the way around the wheel, ive done similar in the past, disused part of an empty industrial estate late on a sunday night, on mac dees trays, wasnt going fast enough "drifting" round a roundabout and spun into it rather than sliding around it, one very bent stub axle dinked wheel and slightly bent beam was the result!
Costly mistake but one ive never repeated thankfully lol

boyle_46
27-10-08, 06:55 PM
That's what you get for tearing around with bald tyres.

I believe it's people like you who give Nova owners a bad name.

at least I drive my nova ,

as for the comment about the tyre , there is plenty more than 1.6 mm left on it , its not the best of pictures but if u feel you should be convinced there is il take a pic of that just for you .

Southie
27-10-08, 07:02 PM
He may not drive his but it's people like dec that give novas a GOOD name. :thumb:

As for them tyres they are blatant skinheads and not legal really are they!!!

Dec16v
27-10-08, 07:21 PM

as for the comment about the tyre , there is plenty more than 1.6 mm left on it , its not the best of pictures but if u feel you should be convinced there is il take a pic of that just for you .

You post up a pic of a bald tyre fitted to your car and the aftermath of you loosing control... You need grow some f*cking brain cells mate.

And as for your snide comment, I've had quick Nova's and as many people on this site will vouch for - have driven them hard too. But I'm grown up enough to understand that driving like that on public roads or a track requires performance tyres... road legal performance tyres at a minimum!!

Pistol Pete
27-10-08, 08:19 PM

LMFAO You post up pics on here after you have binned your car, full well knowing that you will probably get a slating, then when you get a comment you dont like you lash out. Numpty.

Get your car fixed, and perhaps some new tyres and learn from this. Next time it could be alot worse.:)

John
27-10-08, 08:24 PM

What a numpty you are, go and get a fully clear picture of said tyre (it looks bald as fook to me) and we'll decide!

Simon 1867
27-10-08, 10:02 PM
We all learn from our mistakes... just this time he has 2 to learn from,

1. His driving
2. Posting up something which he is likely to get slated for.

Nevermind:roll:

Stoo
27-10-08, 10:13 PM
neg rep
absolute tard

Sloth
27-10-08, 10:15 PM
someone ban him he deserves it. you my friend are fail. no ifs no buts.

nova danny1
27-10-08, 10:31 PM
You post up a pic of a bald tyre fitted to your car and the aftermath of you loosing control... You need grow some f*cking brain cells mate.

And as for your snide comment, I've had quick Nova's and as many people on this site will vouch for - have driven them hard too. But I'm grown up enough to understand that driving like that on public roads or a track requires performance tyres... road legal performance tyres at a minimum!!

nuff sed thenlol

brainsnova
27-10-08, 10:36 PM
fast driving save it for the track :thumb:

Spudly
27-10-08, 11:51 PM
Get your car fixed, and perhaps some new tyres and learn from this. Next time it could be alot worse.:)

Have to say i do agree, ive done the self same thing (as i previously posted) and have messed about in such a way many times before, and got away with it lots of times but have never done so again after realising that its a very silly thing to be doing (handbrake turns and DLAC) (Driving Like A C***)
So replace your beam, stub axle if you dont get a whole beam assembly and wheelbearing and learn from this!

NovaLad
28-10-08, 12:14 AM
All i had to change was the rear axel... really easy to do aslong as you don't end up with problems with the rear drums, suspension and brake pipes!

lol