PDA

View Full Version : THE BIG DECISION!!!!!

TUBZGSXR
05-11-02, 08:36 PM
ok guys i could go 1 of 2 ways with my black SRI, i thought of getting the same kit as Ian, but with gold 17inc alloys.... or goin for the old skool look , ie full Gsi kit (already have the side skirts and GSI rear bumper) with blue details on the bumpers (to go with the interior) and speedlines......

i like the idea of both but im realy not sure wot to go for so ive made a list of pro's and con's for both ideas.......

Bats sport full kit with gold 17's.......

pros: will look unique, big street cred etc....
Cons: more expensive to do, wont handle as well, less acceleration due to only 1.4 SRi engine........ (i think?!!)

Oldskool GSI look:
Pro's: cheaper to do, still looks phat, better handling/accelration.
Cons: there are loads that look exatly the same...... :(, not as in ur face as the bats sport kit......

so tell me wot u think, cause ive realy got to decide in the next couple of days........ thanx
;)

carltoncrazy
05-11-02, 08:46 PM
do the ian`s car thing,
ians car black with gold alloys,look sweet 2 me.
didnt think u culd get the Bat from bumper,but dats probley me,
dont really like kited up novas,but ians is sweet.

Nova-Flair
05-11-02, 10:25 PM
i say GSI look but go for a rally look. get the speedlines sprayed white and get a phat rollcage with the money left over you would have spent on the bat kit. ians car is very nice tho

TUBZGSXR
06-11-02, 07:22 AM
hmmmmm still not sure realy :? white speedlines sounds quiet cool.. i like the idea of both, thats the problem!! i can afford both as well, its just that the batssport option will take longer to complete........

Aragorn
06-11-02, 09:08 AM
i'd say it all depends on what u wanna do with it

see a car thats extremely lowered and on 17's cant really be used as a street racer - it CAN be but really it shouldnt

the other design with the smaller wheels n stuff is much more feasible as a street racing car

so if u like driving round sensibly and showing off the car - get the bat and 17's

if u wanna eat other drivers, go round roundabouts at 105mph and attempt to beat the land speed record then go for either the rally look or some cross between the two

ie BAT kit with 16's???

looking at your reply to Nova-Flair it looks to me as though your already leaning to the bat side, so pick your use and get on with it :)

Jim
06-11-02, 10:38 AM
Not sure if you can get 16's on with a Bat kit as it's so low. Personaly I'd say the Gsi look, but it's down to you. Do what will make you happy, it's your car, your money.

Jim

Aragorn
06-11-02, 06:19 PM
umm,,

surley if u fit bigger wheels u fit lower profile tires

ive got 195/60R14 atm

if i went to 15's i'd need 195/50R15 to keep the correct ratio

16's would run on 205/40 or 45
17's would run on 205/30 or 35

if we look at these wheels we find that the radius of the 16" (40 profile) is 28.2cms
if we look at the 17"s (35 profile) we find that they are 28.4cms

thats the 17s running on the largest profile and the 16's on the smallest therfore if the larger profile (45) was run on the 16's they would infact be larger and hence higher than the 17's

so the wheel size alone doesnt affect the ride height as u need to (should) adjust the tyre size to keep the radius (and hence rolling circumference) as close to the original wheel as possible

Dan
06-11-02, 07:25 PM
if i went to 15's i'd need 195/50R15 to keep the correct ratio

I think u will find that 195/45/15 would be the closest match to the nova's standard 14" wheel running 175 or 185/60/14

Jim
07-11-02, 10:08 AM
Aragorn, you'll have to check with people who have 17" wheels with the BAT kit as to what size tyres they are using. All I know is that the BAT front bumper comes very low. The subject in question (or Ian Storey as we know him :P) is running 17's with his BAT bumper. I've seen the car in the flesh and it sits very low to the ground. I'd imagine 16's with the standard tyre size that you get with them (195/45/16) would make the car sit even lower. If you were to go for a tyre size bigger than 45mm I think this would make the 16" alloy look too small in comparison.

I'm not really keen on these big body kits, so it's not something I've looked into. Theres plenty of BAT bodied Novas on this site, so ask around and see if they can help you out. Check on the Featur cars section and look for Ian Storey's 2.0 and Chris W's 1.6 Turbo to see what tyre size they have.

Jim