PDA

View Full Version : 15's under my -60mm rear arches

Cjscooby
05-11-02, 08:00 PM
What do i need to do to mod my arches cheap? ow much do i need to grind off and so on?
Cheers Guys
CJ
http://www.opelnova.co.uk

ade
07-11-02, 12:42 AM
alright m8!

cool site by the way - like yer buttons!

providing yer et offset is ok (45-49) you wont need much mods for yer rear arches. It also depends on yer car.

The most you will need to do is either grind or roll the inner lip - grining is the easiest - it all depends on the starte of the arches - just remember to properly seal them afterwards (paint with hammerite themn line with bitumen paint for quick solution).

How much to grind depends on the wheels - best way is to put the wheels on and check where the rubber comes in relation to the lip, then grind some of the lip off (take wheel off 1st though!). If you can clearly see that the rubber sticks past the arch, you will eather need to get a straight wall rubber for the alloy (some tyre walls curve - more expensive ones are stiffer and straight) or go low profile (195/45) or get a body shop to stretch the arch.

Ade

mowgli
07-11-02, 12:49 AM
THE IDEA IS TO GIVE US THE TYRE SIZE WHEN YOU ASK, THEN WE CAN ADVISE

Ric 16v
07-11-02, 11:21 AM
when I got my 15" teamdynamic motorsport alloys (6.5x15m, 49mm offset) they rubbed on the outer arch so all I did was grind some of the lip off and painted it in hammerite and it hasn't rubbed since :D :D :D

Alex
07-11-02, 11:30 AM
I used a hacksaw and a file :o . Easy quick and no problems. (well after a year anyway.)

Fester
07-11-02, 12:54 PM
ah a linux user